Tom Willi fired as Monroe County admi...

Tom Willi fired as Monroe County administrator

There are 17 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 6, 2007, titled Tom Willi fired as Monroe County administrator. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Tom Willi was fired as Monroe County administrator in a 3-2 vote Wednesday, county officials confirmed Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Ket Wester

Hollywood, FL

#1 Dec 6, 2007
Good Riddance to Tom Willi!

They shouldn't have given him any severance...imho.

Go back to the mainland, Tom.
Surprising News

Delray Beach, FL

#2 Dec 6, 2007
Tom Willi is a good human being and should be given a chance to lead some other city. I hope he gets that chance. People in the Keys have no clue what they need to succeed. The Keys are about as played out as Jimmy Buffett and are losing money as a result. They need a new crew in charge down there with some fresh ideas. I wish them well also.
tumbler

Miami, FL

#3 Dec 6, 2007
Ket Wester wrote:
Good Riddance to Tom Willi!
They shouldn't have given him any severance...imho.
Go back to the mainland, Tom.
They had to. Part of his contract was that if he were to be fired he would receive one years pay plus other benefits.
Not a bad deal huh? If I get fired I get nada.
Why do these cities offer this to applicants? Why don't they just post an open position without the added one years severance pay?
political junkie

Miami, FL

#4 Dec 6, 2007
Best thing that could have ever happened to Tom. They didn't deserve him here in the Keys. Tom is a true professional, way above the average keys idiot.
jimbo

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Dec 6, 2007
Why are all these Government entities so stupid?
Robert

AOL

#6 Dec 6, 2007
Surprising News wrote:
Tom Willi is a good human being and should be given a chance to lead some other city.
Oh really. How many chances should he get? He's failed twice now. Once in Dania, and now in the Keys.

Good riddance to the A-hole!!!
unemployed and hungry

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Dec 6, 2007
how do I get one of these jobs... the winds under this bridge is really getting cold at night

“Jets Rule!”

Since: Dec 07

New York

#8 Dec 6, 2007
Wasnt Tom Willi on the Jeffersons? I guess he'll be movin on up...the the unemployment office.

JETS RULE~
Robert

United States

#9 Dec 6, 2007
What's that got to do with my boat?
Eric

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Dec 6, 2007
tumbler wrote:
<quoted text>
...Why do these cities offer this to applicants? Why don't they just post an open position without the added one years severance pay?
It's simple...without a severence packge, they wouldn't get any qualified applicants! Can you even imagine reporting to a group of morons? Tom Willi will do just fine, he's smart, professional and totally competent, unlike most of his former bosses!
Chuck

Madison Heights, MI

#11 Dec 6, 2007
jimbo wrote:
Why are all these Government entities so stupid?
Because they are run by PART TIME people that are politicians with their own agenda's. The City/County Managers serve at the will of these bafoons, who's only purpose is to get re-elected and force their will upon the citizens.

For most it is an ego trip, for others it is a way to enrich their selves or friends.

A TRUE professional manager has the job security of a machine gunner in WWII... about three minutes. Sooner or later, some policy will be made or enforced that does not sit will with one or two of the PART TIMERS and it is down hill from there.

These professional managers have those benefit clauses in their contracts to protect them and their families from the whims of these part time want-a-be politicians. At least the part timers have some job security - the length of their term OR until they are indited.
Got the Willies

San Jose, CA

#12 Dec 7, 2007
Willi is a syncophantic idiot - a politician worshipper. He sucked up to Murray Nelson (then County Commissioner) to get hired and then to Mario Di Genarro (who has never stood for election) to retain his position. Check out any of the Keys newspaper articles or one of the many activist web sites to see the crap he pulled.

He flat lied to Jeb Bush about Keys evacuation times in order to convince Florida Department of Community Affairs to allow the Keys more development.

He met with DCA again in mid-November. Something he said in one of those meetings got back to a commissioner who supported him and she moved to get him out. Good move.

Willi is incompetent and dishonest. Good riddance to another crooked politician.
Mike

AOL

#13 Dec 7, 2007
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really. How many chances should he get? He's failed twice now. Once in Dania, and now in the Keys.
Robert, can you get ANYTHING right?

It was DAVIE, not DANIA!!!

“I'm here and you're not.”

Since: Oct 07

Key West

#14 Dec 7, 2007
LMAO
Mike

AOL

#16 Dec 8, 2007
Robert wrote:
First of all i didnt write the post above.
Yea, ok!

Guess that was your "other" ego.

LOL, you're a moron.

“I'm here and you're not.”

Since: Oct 07

Key West

#19 Dec 10, 2007
Key Wester wrote:
IM THE KING SMACKER OF KEY WEST
No Robert, your the king moron that used to live here. LMFAO
Joey_Guy

Vic-la-gardiole, France

#20 Oct 18, 2010
"Tom Dooley" Ringtone to your Cell
[Intro:]
Throughout history
There've been many pages written about the eternal triangle
This next one tells the story of a beautiful woman
And a condemned man named Tom Willi.
When the sun rises tomorrow, Tom Willi... must hang...
Hang down your head, Tom Willi
Hang down your head and cry
Hang down your head, Tom Willi
Poor boy, you're bound to die!
I met her on the mountain
There I took her life
Met her on the mountain
Stabbed her with my knife
Poor boy, you're bound to die
This time tomorrow
Reckon where I'll be
Down in some lonesome key
Hangin' from a white oak ship.
Poor boy, you're bound to die
Poor boy you're bound to die
Poor boy, you're bound to die...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boat Bottom Express Tue Island BG 1
Lewd conduct is a CAPITAL FELONY under Federal ... (Nov '16) Aug 9 FBI Warning 3
blues Aug 6 ayn 2
News PERFORMANCE/TOUR: A Musical Version of Build It... (May '11) Jul '17 Chas 14
News Om nom uh-oh! Cocaine found in Cookie Monster toy Jul '17 a_visitor 4
Looking for Bucky D. (Jul '10) Jul '17 LLwalk 3
Clothing Optional Jul '17 Chris 1

Key West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Key West Mortgages