created by: Topix | Aug 23, 2010

Florida

1,778 votes

August 24 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
2,221 - 2,240 of 2,454 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
some dude in marianna

Marianna, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

It's unfortunate that the older white culture has fallen by the wayside and allowed themselves to let the fear/loathing machine of the current GOP convince them that everything Obama does and anybody that supports him is evil. A lot of democrats don't agree with everything he's done, hell I am upset with a few of his choices in the past. However, when your ENTIRE campaign seems to be centered around demonizing someone and not doing anything worth a damn, that's when things start falling apart.

The GOP has allowed itself to bring in too many extreme rights groups, and has become a laughing stock political party of the world. Not to say that there aren't reasonable conservatives anymore...but like I said crazies have hijacked the republican party and turned it into a freakin circus. Now the democratic party is a bit right of center, to make up for the gap that the GOP has left in its suicidal wake.

Stop hating Obama because others and Fox news or other media suggests you do. Look at everything objectively. No more holding on to your "values" regardless of their harm to others. No more hate.
some dude in marianna

Marianna, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

edit: extreme RIGHT* groups, not rights groups
No Dude Lingo

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

some dude in marianna wrote:
It's unfortunate that the older white culture has fallen by the wayside and allowed themselves to let the fear/loathing machine of the current GOP convince them that everything Obama does and anybody that supports him is evil. A lot of democrats don't agree with everything he's done, hell I am upset with a few of his choices in the past. However, when your ENTIRE campaign seems to be centered around demonizing someone and not doing anything worth a damn, that's when things start falling apart.
The GOP has allowed itself to bring in too many extreme rights groups, and has become a laughing stock political party of the world. Not to say that there aren't reasonable conservatives anymore...but like I said crazies have hijacked the republican party and turned it into a freakin circus. Now the democratic party is a bit right of center, to make up for the gap that the GOP has left in its suicidal wake.
Stop hating Obama because others and Fox news or other media suggests you do. Look at everything objectively. No more holding on to your "values" regardless of their harm to others. No more hate.
It's unfortunate that the younger and almost entire black culture has fallen by the wayside and allowed themselves to swallow the Obama snakeoil and MSNBC drivel, especially after not paying any attention to the incompetence Obama has displayed during his 4 years of failure in office. Stop worshipping Obama because others and MSNBC or other mainstream media suggests you do. Look at everything objectively. No more holding on your perverted and leeching "values" regardless of their harm to working people. No more hating successful people.
some dude in marianna

Marianna, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

I see you're trying to be witty, but your argument is still based on the entire foundation that all blacks are welfare queens and only vote based on race. Newsflash. There are a lot of educated blacks out there. They aren't all living in the slums in some shit Southern town or urban ghetto like detroit. A ton of younger whites and other races are also becoming more progressive, to the point where it overpowers the older, conservative base.

Also, I don't watch MSNBC. In fact, I barely watch TV at all. I tend to get my news sources from both sides of the fence, usually from the internet or NPR and I don't worship Obama either. But if that's the only rhetoric you can spew up to defend your views, you just illustrated that a lot of anti-obamaites are really just undereducated people who love to be taught to hate.
No Dude Lingo

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

I see you're trying to be witty, but your argument is still based on the entire foundation that all blacks are welfare queens and only vote based on race. Newsflash. There are a lot of educated blacks out there. They aren't all living in the slums in some shit Southern town or urban ghetto like detroit. A ton of younger whites and other races are also becoming more progressive, to the point where it overpowers the older, conservative base.
Also, I don't watch MSNBC. In fact, I barely watch TV at all. I tend to get my news sources from both sides of the fence, usually from the internet or NPR and I don't worship Obama either. But if that's the only rhetoric you can spew up to defend your views, you just illustrated that a lot of anti-obamaites are really just undereducated people who love to be taught to hate.
Oh boo hoo... Now that you've whipped through all your Aren't I Good drivel, how about explaining why over 93% of Blacks voted for Obama, the same percentage that voted that way in 2008, while the other 2008 supporters actually declined in their voter support for him in 2012.
some dude in marianna

Marianna, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

No Dude Lingo wrote:
<quoted text> Oh boo hoo... Now that you've whipped through all your Aren't I Good drivel, how about explaining why over 93% of Blacks voted for Obama, the same percentage that voted that way in 2008, while the other 2008 supporters actually declined in their voter support for him in 2012.
Because the GOP has made the terrible mistake of ignoring the plight of minorities. They could have strengthened their case immensely and won many blacks, latinos and others to their side. Unfortunately, many of the comments from the GOP and their supporters seek to humiliate and denigrate minorities by claiming they're all on welfare and can't fend for themselves. All this goes on while the most largest chunks of government assistance goes to the middle class. There is also the cognitive dissonance that has to be accounted for when people allow themselves to go to church, be told by their pastor to vote for Romney (or w/e GOP candidate), and scapegoat the problems in the US on the "leechers" all the while collecting some kind of government assistance themselves.
Now Lets See

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Because the GOP has made the terrible mistake of ignoring the plight of minorities. They could have strengthened their case immensely and won many blacks, latinos and others to their side. Unfortunately, many of the comments from the GOP and their supporters seek to humiliate and denigrate minorities by claiming they're all on welfare and can't fend for themselves. All this goes on while the most largest chunks of government assistance goes to the middle class. There is also the cognitive dissonance that has to be accounted for when people allow themselves to go to church, be told by their pastor to vote for Romney (or w/e GOP candidate), and scapegoat the problems in the US on the "leechers" all the while collecting some kind of government assistance themselves.
Oh...is THAT why over 93% of Blacks voted for Obama? I was under the mistaken impression that it just might have had something to do with...RACE. How silly of me!
some dude in marianna

Marianna, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

What's your experience talking to Blacks? From my perspective on what you've typed, it seems limited. I'm sure a lot of them vote on race. I'm sure a lot don't.

It's more complicated than that. Educate me on where you get your point of view.
Now Lets See

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

What's your experience talking to Blacks? From my perspective on what you've typed, it seems limited. I'm sure a lot of them vote on race. I'm sure a lot don't.
It's more complicated than that. Educate me on where you get your point of view.
LOL You're sure a lot don't vote on race. LOL Your experience talking to Blacks seems limited...LOL You don't need to be educated on where I get my point of view; you just need to be educated to understand why over 93% of Blacks voted for Obama in both 2008 and 2012, especially since you have no idea whether or not race played any part in it. LOL
some dude in marianna

Marianna, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Have your arguments just sizzled into a puddle of alligator piss? Seriously, give me something else besides copy+pasting what I've typed plus LOL in between and a fixation on blacks.

Let's talk like adults.
Now Lets See

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

Have your arguments just sizzled into a puddle of alligator piss? Seriously, give me something else besides copy+pasting what I've typed plus LOL in between and a fixation on blacks.
Let's talk like adults.
You be talkin like adult and be votin for da Bammy? LOL
some dude in marianna

Marianna, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

zazz wrote:
<quoted text>
I just stumbled in here and was so happy to see this post. It is reassuring to see that sanity abounds somewhere. I was losing hope.
Thanks man. I only recently started posting here, just to poke around and see what the opinions of the locals are unmasked on the internet. Just moved here to Marianna recently to go to Chipola and move on somewhere where there are jobs.
You from here?
MissB

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2012

Judged:

did u fart?

“Shed so many tears”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

No Dude Lingo wrote:
<quoted text> Oh boo hoo... Now that you've whipped through all your Aren't I Good drivel, how about explaining why over 93% of Blacks voted for Obama, the same percentage that voted that way in 2008, while the other 2008 supporters actually declined in their voter support for him in 2012.
You're asking the wrong questions. Even if every black person would have voted, the white and hispanic vote was the only way for him to win.
People vote for the person they feel have their best interest at hand and for the candidate who can show himself strong as a leader and defender of the country.
To many of you are looking at color and that's it. The real issues that we as a people face day to day come in all shades and nobody is exempt.
You will go to the pump and pay the same amount I pay. Your gas, electric and water bill will come in the mail same as mine. You care for and feed your family out of your pocket just like I do.

When you pass by the DCF office you black, white, brown and yellow pulling in and out that parking lot.

Blacks voted the way they saw fit. I can recall tea partiers being nasty, mean and hateful while rallying for Romney, why would any sane black person vote along side a people that don't even have respect for themselves?

Did you vote for Obama?

If so why? and if not, why not.

More white people only wanted Romney in, just to put Obama out! Romney made it clear he did not support the middle class and favored tax increases, whites did not care about that.

Four more years sweetie, get over it!
Panamaed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

The Media still failed U.S.
sisteroak

High Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Mr. Romney,I think wanted to share his "recipe for sucsses" with the American people......Me thinks we going to miss the meal....
Panamaed

Astoria, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

Success for some...,failure for others.
ALL mean people sux.
No Dude Lingo

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

JustdroppedIN wrote:
<quoted text>You're asking the wrong questions. Even if every black person would have voted, the white and hispanic vote was the only way for him to win.
People vote for the person they feel have their best interest at hand and for the candidate who can show himself strong as a leader and defender of the country.
To many of you are looking at color and that's it. The real issues that we as a people face day to day come in all shades and nobody is exempt.
You will go to the pump and pay the same amount I pay. Your gas, electric and water bill will come in the mail same as mine. You care for and feed your family out of your pocket just like I do.
When you pass by the DCF office you black, white, brown and yellow pulling in and out that parking lot.
Blacks voted the way they saw fit. I can recall tea partiers being nasty, mean and hateful while rallying for Romney, why would any sane black person vote along side a people that don't even have respect for themselves?
Did you vote for Obama?
If so why? and if not, why not.
More white people only wanted Romney in, just to put Obama out! Romney made it clear he did not support the middle class and favored tax increases, whites did not care about that.
Four more years sweetie, get over it!
How cute! Another racist supporter of Obama! You mean 4 more years of incompetence and failure, "Sweetie". Poor job at covering up your pretended "fairness", especially when you got to the "white" support of Romney, your ignorant and fake evaluation of teaparty rallies being nasty, mean and hateful, and your other non-factual remarks. It's obvious you haven never attended or seen any; your MSNBC channel must love you. Enjoy your 4 years of disaster again; living in your fantasy world is just what Obama's campaigning thrives on. LOL
No Dude Lingo

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

sisteroak wrote:
Mr. Romney,I think wanted to share his "recipe for sucsses" with the American people......Me thinks we going to miss the meal....
You aren't going to miss any meal until Obama has to cut down on your foodstamps, as his disastrous economic policies continue to bankrupt our nation.
pow wow

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Judged:

nothing summons dignified reply

bye

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Wed Liberal forever 2,940
Bartender Wed Tom Burnham 1
Debate: Ferguson - Sugarloaf Shores, FL Tue CultOfPublicSafety 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Aug 19 lost 2,118
Is Key West still full of gays? (Jul '12) Aug 19 Candace 53
king of diamonds Aug 19 punk winners 1
SEC Network Aug 17 Lori 2

Search the Key West Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Key West Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Key West People Search