ashley

Key West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2011

I agree with the comment above. Unfortunately I didn't read this review beforehand. My dog ended up in a very similar way.

I called to say I was on my way only to find that my appointment wasn't scheduled. And the woman on shift didn't know that I was coming or what to expect, but ensured me to bring him on in.
I took my dog and dropped him off, the woman there told me that she'd call me when he was ready. I received a call less than two hours later. I walked in to see my dog almost scalped.
What was supposed to be an easy wash and trim looked to be something horrible.

He had spots where he was completely bald and places where he was barely touched. She told me she gave him an oatmeal bath yet he still smelled as he did before I dropped him off; a little bit worse actually. She kept asking, he looks good doesn't he? Doesn't he? At first I was very taken aback, as He's gotten many trims before but the results had never
been like this.

It wasn't until I got home and laid him down on the couch that I found his under belly had been snipped pretty badly.
I've posted pictures of what my dog looked like before he went and after.
Stay as far away from this place as possible. It's a grooming service from hell that no pet nor his owner should experience. The worker there takes the customers for fools as she keeps treating peoples pets this way and finds it acceptable.
Do not take your animal there.
Yorkies mom

Tavernier, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

I took my two dogs to this groomer on Sat and I have been all over the island to find a good groomer. Now my girls are very had to groom one is a puppy and very active and the other is a nervious nelly. I was extreamly happy with the service I recieved and will use this lady again. I have been a dog owner for over 20 years and have always used groomers since I have yorkies and silkeys and know what to look for and what I want in a groomer. I couldnt be happier and feel the other comment was a one time thing and maybe if the customer better communicated with the groomer she would have gotten what she wanted from her. The groomer talked to me about what I wanted done and asked when I returned if it was good and if not she would do what she needed to to do the cuts right. I love this place!! Thanks for FINALLY giving Key West a good pet grooming place.
OMG Worst groomer EVER

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

I have a cat that I have clipped very short, she is a persian. Not very many groomers groom cats so I thought that it would be ok.She sounded nice on the phone and talked like she knew what she was doing. I pulled up to the business and she was outside either sweeping or smoking... It was a year ago so I don't remember which one. When i walked in there were at least 17 little size and medium dogs running around. My cat was terrified.
she put my cat in a cage and said it should be a couple hours and she would call. I also requested a flea bath. At 5pm-ish she called me and said that i needed to sign a waiver because she had to use a scalpel type tool to get the matts out. I said HELL no !!!! she offered to bring my cat home and she did along with the Waiver she wanted me to sign. My cat sat in a cage ALL DAY ! she never even bathed her. A Scapel ?.... really ?
My cat has been groomed over a hundred times and Never have I experienced this... this was by far the worst experience for me and my cat... My neighbor has 2 Dogs and she did the same thing to her !!! STAY AWAY from this groomer. This business should be shut down and this woman should never be allowed to touch another animal. I now use Dottie, Dogs by the sea... mobile pet grooming
Again , I can not Warn you enough.... stay away !!!
Karla

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

OMG Worst groomer EVER wrote:
I have a cat that I have clipped very short, she is a persian. NoPp uT Toyt very many groomers groom cats so I thought that it would be ok.She sounded nice on the phone and talked like she knew what she was doing. I pulled up to the business and she was outside either sweeping or smoking... It was a year ago so I don't remember which one. When i walked in there were at least 17 little size and medium dogs running around. My cat was terrified.
she put my cat in a cage and said it should be a couple hours and she would call. I also requested a flea bath. At 5pm-ish she called me and said that i needed to sign a waiver because she had to use a scalpel type tool to get the matts out. I said HELL no !!!! she offered to bring my cat home and she did along with the Waiver she wanted me to sign. My cat sat in a cage ALL DAY ! she never even bathed her. A Scapel ?.... really ?
My cat has been groomed over a hundred times and Never have I experienced this... this was by far the worst experience for me and my cat... My neighbor has 2 Dogs and she did the same thing to her !!! STAY AWAY from this groomer. This business should be shut down and this woman should never be allowed to touch another animal. I now use Dottie, Dogs by the sea... mobile pet grooming
Again , I can not Warn you enough.... stay away !!!
lady I am the groomer you are talkinG about u have a lot of nerve to talk about me llke this! I remember u so clearly like it was yesterday walking up
To my shop with your nasty attitude clearly ashamed by the condition of your poor cat who was soooo matted that it was in severe pAIn!!!!! U should not be aloud to own an animal!. Also yes I did ask u to sign a waiver because your cat was in such poor condition. That I was going to have to use a #30 blade witch is a surgical blade the only blade that would even come close to cutting thru your cats horrible mats! And yes your cat did stay with me until I closed my shop because u or ur neighbor do not have a car and I offered delivery sevice to u and also did for your neighbor several times and she seemd very happy.instead of being so nice to u and just looking out for my self by asking you to sign a waiver I should have reemed ur ass and turned u in to the spca!!!!!! And.by the way I dont smoke and u were the first customer of the day and if u say your cat was terrified why would u leave him? Sorry lady its not my fault u cant take care of your cat.
I love my animals more than I love myself!!!!!!!!!!
Karla

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Please read my response by looking at reply.from above review . Karla
I Like this Groomer

Key West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

I have been taking my Standard Poodle to Doggie Style since the Grooming Salon opened. We are extremely satisfied with the bathing and grooming he has received and the way our dog is cared for. I especially appreciate that the Salon is careless and has an outside yard.

I recommend that you give it a try and see for yourself.
Anthony Lawrence

Key West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

I took my 5 year old Lhasa Apso to Doggy Style after hearing from a friend they cut good. Had bad experience with another groomer on island who 'claimed' to know how to cut a Lhasa Apso...

Well...after leaving my dog there for over 4 hours...she was BUTCHERED!!! Coat was uneven, I could see blade strokes...her face was totally screwed up.

I asked they guy up front if he knew what he was doing...he assured me he did...NOT!!!
To top it off..,my dog has been scratching and biting herself since she got back from that place...I am ready to take her to vet to see what they did to her.
Oh...and their 'explaination'...my dog had FLEAS(she didn't, on pill)...but what does that matter when you are CUTTING HER HAIR??!!!
Bad Bad groomers...at least for Lhasa Apso breed!!!
Sailor

Key West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2014

I used this place twice...which was 2 too many times. The only reason we tried them a second time, is that it was months wait for other groomers. The grooming is awful both times. I have an English Springer Spaniel and both times, they completely butchered her coat. Even worse, the second time, my dog came home limping and unable to walk on one of her hind legs. She has had problems intermittently with one of her legs, but was fine when we dropped her off. Since her visit, she hasn't been able to put weight on her leg. There is no way I would recommend this place or ever take my pup back.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 17 hr Simson 2,454
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Wed Liberal forever 2,940
Bartender Wed Tom Burnham 1
Debate: Ferguson - Sugarloaf Shores, FL Tue CultOfPublicSafety 2
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Aug 19 lost 2,118
Is Key West still full of gays? (Jul '12) Aug 19 Candace 53
king of diamonds Aug 19 punk winners 1

Search the Key West Forum:
•••
Key West Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Key West Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••