Florida's Top Ten Gay Beaches

Jan 19, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: EDGE

Florida's fantastic beaches welcome all, but some are friendlier than others to the LGBT community.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2014
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1 Jan 19, 2014
The LGBT community spent 3 BILLION dollars travel money in Orlando Florida last year; and Florida is an anti-gay marriage state
That's a serious chunk of change; baby!
http://www.edgemiami.com/travel//features//15...
island boy

Yulee, FL

#2 Jan 19, 2014
A lot of gay men/gay couples feel comfortable going to Burney Park Beachfront Park in Fernandina Beach, Nassau County, Florida on Amelia Island, FL for years. It's on Gregg Street on Amelia Island. This part of the beach on the island is called American Beach. Fernandina Beach, Amelia Island, and American Beach are tourist attractions and have a lot of history.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#3 Jan 19, 2014
Amenities at Burney Park near the beach in Nassau County, FL are: Fishing Allowed, Indoor Showers, Changing Rooms, Bathroom, Pavilions, Outdoor Showers, Parking Lot, and Tables / Picnic Area. Sometimes people camp there in tents near the bathhouse building, on the dunes, on the beach, or in an RV in the parking lot. Many gay people have befriended others gays here. Gay couples find it a peaceful and quiet place to lay out on the beach and get a tan.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#4 Jan 19, 2014
Burney Park

1556 Gregg Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
island boy

Yulee, FL

#5 Jan 19, 2014
island boy

Yulee, FL

#6 Jan 19, 2014
Peter Point on Peter's Point Road on Amelia Island, FL has all the same amenities as Burney Park Beach Front Park and is nearby.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#7 Jan 19, 2014
Correction: Peter's Point on Amelia Island, FL.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#8 Jan 19, 2014
Look up siesta key pavilion sarasota fl in Yahoo Images. This beach is a gay friendly beach from what I hear. The pavilion has many amenities including a snack bar, picnic area, bathroom, changing room, indoor showers, and outdoor showers in Siesta Key Beach, FL near Sarasota, Florida. I think this and Burney Park and Peter's Point of Nassau County, Florida are the only places that offer indoor showers/changing rooms. You think all beaches would offer these things. No one wants to have to drive home salty, sticky, and sandy and shells in their pants. Outdoors showers won't do the trick for that. You need indoor showers to actually take a real shower and change into dry clothes. Be sure to bring a body wash/shampoo combination. The ones on Amelia Island use to supply soap dispensers but they no longer do that though. What a shame! They should all have soap dispenser that has a hair/body wash combination.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#9 Jan 19, 2014
island boy

Yulee, FL

#10 Jan 19, 2014
Peters Point Park

1974 So. Fletcher Ave.
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
island boy

Yulee, FL

#11 Jan 19, 2014
The two Recreation Centers in Fernandina Beach, Florida on Amelia Island have nice pools and have a locker room area to change and shower. They have a lot of luxuries on the island that many beaches in Florida lack including beaches in Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida. One is on Atlantic Avenue and I think the other is on Elm Street.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#12 Jan 19, 2014
I've been to Haulover Beach. It is really nice!

Location hidden

#13 Jan 19, 2014
I have heard it is true that many gay people and gay couples love to travel to Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island and American Beach and the beach parks: Burney Park and Peter's Point.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 19, 2014
Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island is like a northern Key West with southern hospitality. It's a tourist attraction with a lot of history and also called the Isle of Eight Flags. It's at the very top of northeast Florida and we all know Key West is at the very bottom of Florida.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 19, 2014
Fernandina Beach/Amelia Island has a lot to offer as far as male eye candy especially during the summer times. You have the guys from the state of Georgia which is only 30 minutes away and Navy guys from Georgia and Jacksonville, FL. Tourist guys, guys from up north, surfer guys, rich dudes, surfer locals, hot and fit locals/natives. It's a natural beach and a lot more natural looking and quiet and less crowded than Jacksonville or Daytona Beach.
island boy

Yulee, FL

#16 Jan 20, 2014
Try the Island House in Key West, FL. It's the best all male (gay)/clothing optional resort in the world. Also try Club Jacksonville (Club Jax) and the Metro and Park Place in Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#17 Jan 20, 2014
Rainbow Kid wrote:
The LGBT community spent 3 BILLION dollars travel money in Orlando Florida last year; and Florida is an anti-gay marriage state
That's a serious chunk of change; baby!
http://www.edgemiami.com/travel//features//15...
The question that needs to be considered is whether one supports a gay friendly locality (Fort Lauderdale, South Beach, Asheville, New Orleans, etc.) when the remainder of the state or province is anti-gay. I think there are arguments both ways.

Location hidden

#19 Jan 23, 2014
ANDRE LINOGE wrote:
Look up Latte' Datte' Key Promenade on the Isle of Eight Fags 30 miles south of sarasota fl.
This beach is very gay friendly.
The promenade has many amenities including a gay bar, gay picnic area with weenie roasts, gay bathhouse, changing room with nude male attendants, indoor showers, and outdoor showers with nude men that will rub you down, get you dirtier and clean you up again.
I think this and Burning Butte Park and Rod's Head of Nastyau County, Florida are the only places that offer indoor showers/changing rooms with nude male attendants.
You'd think all beaches would offer these things.
Everyone will drive home salty, sticky, and sandy and with semen in their butt cracks.
Outdoors showers with male attendants will do the trick for that.
You need indoor showers to actually take a real shower and change into dry clothes but you will have to refuse the attendant his blowjob.
Be sure to bring a body wash/shampoo/semen combination.
The ones on Appollo Island use to supply soap dispensers but they no longer do that though.
Some guys stopped them from letting customers put their semen in the dispensers.
What a shame!
They should all have soap dispenser that has a hair/body wash and semen combination.
Do what?!

Location hidden

#21 Feb 6, 2014
Xstain Fatwa wrote:
Stay away from Daytona Beach, you POS Fagg@ts
Good idea! We gays will travel there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Pirate Paradise (Feb '13) 22 hr Pirate Paradise -... 3
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Fri Sur 13 Beat 2,959
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Aug 28 Liberal forever 2,121
Gay sex meet (Jul '13) Aug 27 Velox_Slice 8
Is Key West still full of gays? (Jul '12) Aug 27 Go Blue Forever 56
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Aug 23 Sadira Snape 2,456
Pinellas candidates tackle global warming, sea ... (Jan '14) Aug 22 Liberal forever 2
•••
•••
•••

Key West Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Key West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Key West News, Events & Info