Jared Michael hobgood
Dom from England

London, UK

#796 Dec 19, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, its the guns fault now... If the Beloved JMH did commit suicide which it is looking like and intended to do so, you honestly think having a gun or not makes the difference. Maybe we should outlaw bridges and rope as well cause we know those can be just as easily used to kill yourself. Im sorry for being so Off Topic as this about Losing our friend JMH who by they way was big gun advocate and owned a few and I believe even had a concealed weapons permit, but DOM from England and his politcal agenda are a joke and have no place here
I dont understand guns or the need to own them.
The point I am trying to make is that it takes a split second of madness to pull the trigger. Most other methods would take consierable time and effort to achieve. More chance of that person getting past the tipping point and coming to their senses before its too late.

Guns and excessive amounts of alcohol in the same equasion has always got a better than average chance of not ending well.
LoriNJ

Edison, NJ

#797 Dec 19, 2013
It does not matter what the weapon of choice is...what matters is that if a person (and I am not saying that JMH intended to do this or someone else did it for him, not by a long shot) is intent on committing suicide, no taking away of the guns, ropes, pills, etc., is going to stop them...here in NJ, the "weapon of choice" lately seems to be trains...there is no winning against a train...but, my point is that if someone is that intent on killing themselves, no amount of preventative measures is going to help...guns don't kill people...people kill people...even themselves...
AMS

Seaford, DE

#798 Dec 19, 2013
Dom from England wrote:
Have been following this forum from the UK.
It seems the truth or facts dont really matter to some people and Samantha is guilty regardless.
One thing in England that we are unable to understand but seems to be U.S. normality is gun law. We dont have them here and rarely need them. Its abnormal to need a gun in our society. Which leads to my next point, why the hell would you need a gun in Key West????
Its not exactly crime central is it????
If only Jared had had his tipping point in Europe or the UK
it would not been as easy as pulling a trigger.
Guns are death purchased easily.
Revise your gun laws and sometimes highly talented, much loved but troubled young men survive their crisis with no access to easy to aquire death devices.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Bam

Tampa, FL

#799 Dec 19, 2013
Samantha has to take responsibly for her part in this! And she did play a part! If it is not criminally than a civil lawsuit.

Since: Dec 13

Shelbyville, IN

#800 Dec 19, 2013
Dom from England wrote:
Have been following this forum from the UK.
It seems the truth or facts dont really matter to some people and Samantha is guilty regardless.
One thing in England that we are unable to understand but seems to be U.S. normality is gun law. We dont have them here and rarely need them. Its abnormal to need a gun in our society. Which leads to my next point, why the hell would you need a gun in Key West????
Its not exactly crime central is it????
If only Jared had had his tipping point in Europe or the UK
it would not been as easy as pulling a trigger.
Guns are death purchased easily.
Revise your gun laws and sometimes highly talented, much loved but troubled young men survive their crisis with no access to easy to aquire death devices.
OK Dom........ if it were not for guns in this country, we Americans would still be answering to a King or Queen.. As a "foreigner" you do not have to understand our laws. Secondly, 2 Islamic homegrown terrorists were found guilty in England of killing a soldier in a public street in broad daylight with a CLEAVER....how were they stopped by men with guns who shot them....yes Police but I'm guessing the family of Lee Rigby would argue in favor of his life over the English gun laws, DON'T you??? To stay on topic, people kill themselves in a variety of ways, and I can promise you it is way easier to get some Oxycontin, Vicodin, etc then guns, or jump off a bridge or in front of a train....JMH is gone and that is a fact. Don't make this a political argument that you don't have a "dog in the fight with".....Thanks for the memories Jared..........
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#801 Dec 19, 2013
Bam wrote:
Samantha has to take responsibly for her part in this! And she did play a part! If it is not criminally than a civil lawsuit.
BAM....I am so sorry...that prob will never happen. So sorry!
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#802 Dec 19, 2013
Bam wrote:
Its ok. No matter what we saw in JMH other PPL might have not. Lets just say we can remember him for how we wanted to see him. I don't like this any more then you do but we gotta break away from this crowd. They don't see eye to eye w/ us. Lets leave them in the dust. Jared would want us to do that. Heck with Sam and the others!
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#803 Dec 19, 2013
Bam wrote:
Bam.....you still here?
Mell

Saint Augustine, FL

#805 Dec 19, 2013
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI If you live in KW you'd know that his wife is NOT TRUSTWORTHY! That's why this discussion started in the first place. The only person that was in the room when he died was her.
Why do you say she isn't trustworthy? Have you spent time with her? Most people, including me and I'm sure her and Jared, act with poor judgement when drunk. Does that define her core values? Eveyone seems to have witnessed both of their wasted representatives in public, but what experience with her gives you and apparently the whole island the impression that she isn't trustworthy day to day? I once asked a homeless man if his parents were chimney sweeps while I was wasted on duval. That I still regret because it was drunken malice, that doesn't make me malicious.
Slwisloopy

Felton, PA

#806 Dec 19, 2013
SLW wrote:
<quotetext>
BAM....I am so sorry...that prob will never happen. So sorry!
Sorry dom from england. You cant reason with religious zealouts about gun control here. You'll get elementary responses like "might as well blame the spoon for makin people fat" love that one. And this is in no disrespect to jared at all as i was able to sit with him on a few occasions and chat with him, but..... If he did what is reported, theres NO one else to blame. People saying there should be wrongful death lawsuits and what not- and his wife should be held accountable- those people are literally fuckin tarded- hate to be hateful but gotta be truthful. NO one is entitled to any answer here. Thats the problem with america these days. Everyone thinks their entitled. To all those people in need of an answer, imagine your response if u were able to see things like this when you passed.
So Sorry

Summerland Key, FL

#807 Dec 19, 2013
Bam wrote:
Your hot air balloon of BS and hate is running out of steam and now you are just delusional !! You and SLW are the only 2 nit-wits who refuse to accept reality!!! The blame game and the conspiracy party are over!
ToooooCurious

Ponte Vedra, FL

#808 Dec 20, 2013
The obit says Samantha has a child of her own... Please tell me that child wasn't there for all of this, or hopefully lives with its father...!!!
Dom from England

London, UK

#809 Dec 20, 2013
Slwisloopy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dom from england. You cant reason with religious zealouts about gun control here. You'll get elementary responses like "might as well blame the spoon for makin people fat" love that one. And this is in no disrespect to jared at all as i was able to sit with him on a few occasions and chat with him, but..... If he did what is reported, theres NO one else to blame. People saying there should be wrongful death lawsuits and what not- and his wife should be held accountable- those people are literally fuckin tarded- hate to be hateful but gotta be truthful. NO one is entitled to any answer here. Thats the problem with america these days. Everyone thinks their entitled. To all those people in need of an answer, imagine your response if u were able to see things like this when you passed.
In a nutshell, wraps this whole thing up in one paragraph.
The shock and shit that woman has had to put up with.
Truly shocking.
ToooooCurious

Ponte Vedra, FL

#810 Dec 20, 2013
Nevermind... HE was the only one w a kid.
Bam

Tampa, FL

#811 Dec 20, 2013
ToooooCurious wrote:
No she has a son ..
Wrong

West Palm Beach, FL

#812 Dec 20, 2013
ToooooCurious wrote:
She has a son as well.
Mell

Umatilla, FL

#813 Dec 20, 2013
ToooooCurious wrote:
She has a three year old son.
ToooooCurious

Ponte Vedra, FL

#814 Dec 20, 2013
Well then please tell me that he lives with his father, or grandparent, or at least that he wasn't home to witness this event...!
Spartan

Conshohocken, PA

#815 Dec 20, 2013
ToooooCurious wrote:
Well then please tell me that he lives with his father, or grandparent, or at least that he wasn't home to witness this event...!
Now we need to bring her child into this. You are a vulture.
ToooooCurious

Ponte Vedra, FL

#816 Dec 20, 2013
Vulture...lol! Nope. Just the opposite. Hoping the kid is safe and not scarred by being in a home where all of the drama went down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Artifacts & Old bottles Nov 13 Steve K 1
2018 vacation Nov 11 lindacrelin 1
News Key West's Fantasy Fest is back despite Hurrica... Oct '17 Reeltime 4
Copper Artist Big Pine Key Flea Market (Nov '14) Oct '17 BigPineKey 2
News Florida's Top Ten Gay Beaches (Jan '14) Sep '17 Mr Speedo 20
keys disease (Oct '10) Sep '17 Larry baker 8
Need info on Ave I Sep '17 R Dinger 3

Key West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance