PAJoe

United States

#63 Dec 10, 2013
Any clue wrote:
Speech
It's not self righteousness. I am here because I want to know what happened to my friend. He was a friend, and there is little info for friends who are at a distance from KW. All I am trying to say is that I wish we could wait and see what comes out - and I think some will. I think the conjecture (that we all have), is not helpful when written on a web page that is on the internet in perpetuity. I am certainly not "holier than thou", in any respect. I dislike the potential damage that posts can do- especially if they are found to be untrue later. Believe me, I have some of the same thoughts, but i am trying to keep them to myself. Obviously do as you wish, I am not judging, and you shouldn't care if I do, I am no one to you.
I had a friend that I care about very much, and I care about his family, that is all.
Suzie

Miami, FL

#64 Dec 10, 2013
KW lost an amazing talent and hopefully in life he knew that! Unfortunately all of the secrecy has this feeling like it will take an episode of dateline to bring the fans/ friends who do not live kw any closure. Rest peacefully my friend and we will miss your amazing talent.
Curious

Basehor, KS

#65 Dec 10, 2013
where are pictures of the tribute?]
Unknown

Lutz, FL

#66 Dec 10, 2013
Unknown wrote:
how did a gun get to San Francisco?
He died in KW. They had come back late Wednesday/early Thursday.
I agree on the confusion with his wife sending a message, but word had spread very fast through KW and FL and I think she was just trying to let people know the best way possible.
Lbmccool

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#67 Dec 10, 2013
The police report should be public from whatever agency took the call...all you'd have to do is put in a request for it. Even if nothing criminal happened, information on what/where would be on it. I feel some comfort knowing there are other people like me that have been bothered with this for days... I thought he was simply amazing and was also apart of so many great times in my life, although he'd never know it... It's hard to imagine going back there with him not on that stage.
Unknown

Lutz, FL

#68 Dec 10, 2013
PAJoe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not self righteousness. I am here because I want to know what happened to my friend. He was a friend, and there is little info for friends who are at a distance from KW. All I am trying to say is that I wish we could wait and see what comes out - and I think some will. I think the conjecture (that we all have), is not helpful when written on a web page that is on the internet in perpetuity. I am certainly not "holier than thou", in any respect. I dislike the potential damage that posts can do- especially if they are found to be untrue later. Believe me, I have some of the same thoughts, but i am trying to keep them to myself. Obviously do as you wish, I am not judging, and you shouldn't care if I do, I am no one to you.
I had a friend that I care about very much, and I care about his family, that is all.
I agree with you PA Joe. I have been a friend of Jared's for 17 years, before he was JMH from Irish Kevin's. It is very hard for the people not in KW to get information. There are many unanswered questions and Jared will be greatly missed.
To answer a previous question, his wishes were to be cremated.
Two cents

United States

#69 Dec 10, 2013
PAJoe wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not self righteousness. I am here because I want to know what happened to my friend. He was a friend, and there is little info for friends who are at a distance from KW. All I am trying to say is that I wish we could wait and see what comes out - and I think some will. I think the conjecture (that we all have), is not helpful when written on a web page that is on the internet in perpetuity. I am certainly not "holier than thou", in any respect. I dislike the potential damage that posts can do- especially if they are found to be untrue later. Believe me, I have some of the same thoughts, but i am trying to keep them to myself. Obviously do as you wish, I am not judging, and you shouldn't care if I do, I am no one to you.
I had a friend that I care about very much, and I care about his family, that is all.
Admirable but unrealistic.
He died from a gunshot. It wasn't a burglary, nor was he off in battle. He was at home, with his wife- he wasn't alone somewhere leaving a suicide letter.. It's going to be bad, whatever the story. How will that compare to anything we say here..? A bartender downtown said 'He shot himself over a girl'. dec 5th little after noon a gf of Sams called and said that Sam said that he shot himself. Around 1pm she sent the text from his phone to a couple guys that jared was texting that morning. It wasn't 'oh my god!' it was 'hi guys this is Sam, jared passed away this morning. I will let you know all arrangements once they are made.' She is pretty amazing for keeping it together like that.
Simply cannot believe that he will not heckle me when I walk through Kevin's ever again. It's been 15yrs of it- I wanna know wtf
JMH Friend

United States

#70 Dec 10, 2013
He personally told me right before his trip to Morocco that he was having difficulties in his personal life. And was taking this trip "for himself". It wasn't worth taking his "own" life. But the truth will be told one day.
WannaKnow

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#71 Dec 10, 2013
JMH Friend wrote:
He personally told me right before his trip to Morocco that he was having difficulties in his personal life. And was taking this trip "for himself". It wasn't worth taking his "own" life. But the truth will be told one day.
"It wasn't worth taking his 'own' life."
As in you don't believe it was enough for him to kill himself...?
JMH Friend

United States

#72 Dec 10, 2013
WannaKnow wrote:
<quoted text>
"It wasn't worth taking his 'own' life."
As in you don't believe it was enough for him to kill himself...?
I don't think he killed himself.
CuriousCat

Woodbury, NJ

#73 Dec 10, 2013
Two Cents

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#74 Dec 11, 2013
CuriousCat wrote:
http://florida.arrests.org/Arr ests/Samantha_Usina_13250124/
Whoa, good job.
Any clue

Tampa, FL

#75 Dec 11, 2013
Oh my... She got arrested for hitting someone at her and Jared's house... That says something!
Any clue

Tampa, FL

#76 Dec 11, 2013
How long were they married????
jcar

Hollywood, FL

#77 Dec 11, 2013
I always wondered why he would be posting normally on fb, with the pic of them on vacation and other things then supposedly kill himself right afterward. It never sat well with me and I didnt even know they were having problems. Now I believe that she was posting on his page. I hate to say it but it looks like a cover up. I also dont believe this was a suicide.
miss-b

Detroit, MI

#78 Dec 11, 2013
I woke up very early on Thu morning and Jared had posted that they were back in FLL.(Ft. Lauderdale airport) That post was deleted from his timeline for some reason, presumably by Sam. Also, Sam did change from Usina to Hobgood (on Facebook) sometime between his death and the memorial.
I think it's so hard for so many people to accept because KW is their little escape from reality and it should always stay just as they've left it until they return again. Jared was part of that landscape. Pirates Punch, Mallory Square at sunset, rosters crossing way too early in the morning, a thousand other things and Jared harassing them about being from NJ...make any sense?
miss-b

Detroit, MI

#79 Dec 11, 2013
That's "roosters CROWING" :/
miss-b wrote:
I woke up very early on Thu morning and Jared had posted that they were back in FLL.(Ft. Lauderdale airport) That post was deleted from his timeline for some reason, presumably by Sam. Also, Sam did change from Usina to Hobgood (on Facebook) sometime between his death and the memorial.
I think it's so hard for so many people to accept because KW is their little escape from reality and it should always stay just as they've left it until they return again. Jared was part of that landscape. Pirates Punch, Mallory Square at sunset, rosters crossing way too early in the morning, a thousand other things and Jared harassing them about being from NJ...make any sense?
RIPJARED

United States

#80 Dec 11, 2013
I read on another forum that he was killed. Wish we had some answers.
Jareds friend

Broomfield, CO

#81 Dec 11, 2013
Has anyone thought that maybe Samantha killed him? There were no witnesses and He was loved by the ladies
And he took her to Cali for her birthday just to kill himself? I say look at the jealous woman!!!
jcar

Hollywood, FL

#82 Dec 11, 2013
Jareds friend wrote:
Has anyone thought that maybe Samantha killed him? There were no witnesses and He was loved by the ladies
And he took her to Cali for her birthday just to kill himself? I say look at the jealous woman!!!
I think thats what most of us are thinking. It just doesn't add up. Very suspect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Apr '12) Jan 20 ItDoesGetBetter 51
Anyone interested in trading Vinyl or CDs Jan 20 Soultrane 1
What happened to Jared Michael Hobgood? (Dec '13) Jan 15 anonymous 22
A piss off man in Bardstown Kentucky Jan 9 angry man 1
Upper Crust restaurant on Duval closed, out of ... (Oct '13) Jan 9 King Bouncer 2
Review: Doggie Style Pet Groom Salon (Jul '11) Jan 7 Ted Smith 10
Florida clerks plan for gay marriages starting ... Jan 4 Pat Robertson s F... 3
Key West Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Key West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:47PM
Bucs dip into college ranks for new quarterbacks coach
Bleacher Report 5:36 PM
Breaking Down Mariota vs. Jameis Debate
Bleacher Report 6:29 PM
Which Mariota Flaws Concern Scouts Most
NBC Sports 5:15 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 5:48 AM
Bajakian's NFL bolt leaves hole for Vols, continued search for Chips