Jared Michael hobgood
OffRock

Columbia, CT

#450 Dec 14, 2013
KWPD sucks wrote:
so some of us have called the KWPD to give our statements and they basically turned us away. took no statement down. stated that there is no case, no investigation, no nothing. how do you contact an agency outside of KWPD to probe the investigation that was completed to ensure it was thorough and done properly? how do you hold the KWPD accountable for a job well done? NOT letting this rest....
If I had an active investigation I would not tell anyone I had an active investigation. Sometimes you have to trust the process. There's no immediate danger to the public- no rush to indict. Again, what's true and what the facts now show are not known, nor always the same.
If the case is really closed, as is, there is always the option of a wrongful death suit by the family down the road. I assume that would be their call. and I assume right now they are very much grieving.
Sorry for all

Lehigh Acres, FL

#451 Dec 14, 2013
I hope this doesn't sound like a morbid question, but after such a violent incident it is weighing on my mind. Was he killed instantly or did the EMTs work on him? I really hate to think that he suffered. Also, does anyone have any idea how long after the shot, the 911 call was placed? I am in no way qualified to sound like a judge or jury in this case, but if it was a suicide, possibly the call would have been made very quickly. If they were involved in an argument that led to an accident, again maybe she would have called quickly. However, if it was not an accident the call could have come later. Also, as for GSR, gloves? Again, I have no qualifications or insight here, I just pray for peace of mind to all involved.
OffRock

Columbia, CT

#452 Dec 14, 2013
Sorry for all wrote:
I hope this doesn't sound like a morbid question, but after such a violent incident it is weighing on my mind. Was he killed instantly or did the EMTs work on him? I really hate to think that he suffered. Also, does anyone have any idea how long after the shot, the 911 call was placed? I am in no way qualified to sound like a judge or jury in this case, but if it was a suicide, possibly the call would have been made very quickly. If they were involved in an argument that led to an accident, again maybe she would have called quickly. However, if it was not an accident the call could have come later. Also, as for GSR, gloves? Again, I have no qualifications or insight here, I just pray for peace of mind to all involved.
None of those questions has been answered publicly.
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#453 Dec 14, 2013
Finally had some downtime today since getting back from KW last Sun. Was really nice. We got to spend time watching videos and looking at pics and reading post from JMH. Nice to reflect back on his life. So many ppl thought of him the same way we did. We go back in March for a couple of weeks. I hope by then there will be some closure or Justice for JMH. If not.....not so sure KW will ever be the same for us. So, so sad!
Jody McCullough torok

Holland, OH

#454 Dec 14, 2013
I'm still finding it hard to believe he can go from posting on FB to killing himself. I hope they are doing a full investigation on this tragedy. He posted he was working New Years Eve, he just got back from vacation, does that make sense that he would kill himself and leave his young son??? I think something fishy is going on here. RIP sweet Jared. Your truly missed!
unknown

Key West, FL

#455 Dec 15, 2013
i just heard through the local grapevine that he tried to jump out of the moving car a couple times on the drive back from fort lauderdale and once he arrived at his home, began drinking a large amount of absinthe, marching around his house with a gun holster on while completely naked, they fought over a gun in the hot tub., he then shot himself in his bed. sad.
CuriousCat

Chalfont, PA

#456 Dec 15, 2013
unknown wrote:
i just heard through the local grapevine that he tried to jump out of the moving car a couple times on the drive back from fort lauderdale and once he arrived at his home, began drinking a large amount of absinthe, marching around his house with a gun holster on while completely naked, they fought over a gun in the hot tub., he then shot himself in his bed. sad.
I've read a few references to Jared drinking lots of absinthe. The problem with "blaming" absinthe is that the absinthe sold in the US is crap. All absinthe sold in the US must be 100% thujone (sp?) free. Thujone is the chemical from wormwood that gives absinthe it's hallucinogenic properties. It may taste like absinthe but it's like drinking decaf coffee. Basically, it's no worse than drinking any other liquor.
CuriousCat

Chalfont, PA

#457 Dec 15, 2013
CuriousCat wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read a few references to Jared drinking lots of absinthe. The problem with "blaming" absinthe is that the absinthe sold in the US is crap. All absinthe sold in the US must be 100% thujone (sp?) free. Thujone is the chemical from wormwood that gives absinthe it's hallucinogenic properties. It may taste like absinthe but it's like drinking decaf coffee. Basically, it's no worse than drinking any other liquor.
Unless of course he somehow managed to smuggle in the good stuff but it's hard to these days.
jcar

United States

#458 Dec 15, 2013
unknown wrote:
The only problem here is that this story comes from the wife who is NOT credible. Maybe her account of the story was captured on security cameras? But that would mean that there were security cameras in their bedroom if that's where he was shot. Security cameras aren't usually placed in the bedroom. Am I right?
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#459 Dec 15, 2013
Sounds like alot of activity pacekd into one morning all while saying "I love you"....I guess I would agree w/ jcar I am sure the security camera would back up all this activity? However guessing not the bedroom activity.
AMS

Seaford, DE

#460 Dec 15, 2013
SLW wrote:
Sounds like alot of activity pacekd into one morning all while saying "I love you"....I guess I would agree w/ jcar I am sure the security camera would back up all this activity? However guessing not the bedroom activity.
And most security cameras are placed outside the home..... Not inside!!!
Unknown

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#461 Dec 15, 2013
AMS wrote:
<quoted text>
And most security cameras are placed outside the home..... Not inside!!!
Well, she has not been arrested so it must have not looked all that suspicious. SLW, you are right....thats a lot of crazy packed into a trip from the airport. Im assuming if there was a gun in and around the hot tub it would be on camera.
Retired detective: wouldn't they have arrested her already if there was some decent evidence at the scene?
Chuck Summerland Key

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#462 Dec 15, 2013
Any clue wrote:
How long were they married????
I just searched Monroe county clerk of court and they were married November 12th of this year!! They were newlyweds and other posts stated that she did not seen to be upset. They were newlyweds. Something is fishy !!
Unknown

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#463 Dec 15, 2013
unknown wrote:
He drank A LOT on stage.
From the plane through the keys in the middle of the night, then home he drank so much that he was such a mess brandishing his gun. Goes to bed and shoots himself?
Wouldn't it make more sense that there was a fight? Isn't that their MO?
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#464 Dec 15, 2013
Well as I have seen on just regular dectective shows...sometimes investigations go on for long time. Sometimes they seem like they are shut & done and them boom....kinda like wait & see. Personally I think this situation gets stranger and stranger. I think just the after statement that was posted about "letting us know about services"....that was pretty calm, cool and collective behavior. Just saying.....
Friend

United States

#465 Dec 15, 2013
These are the facts as of today. Sam has not been charged however it doesn't mean the case is closed. She did retain an attorney the day after the incident. Most people in town do not believe it was suicide. Jarad's family will make sure that justice is done to the best of their ability. Sam needs to leave town immediately and without a penny of Jarads estate. Deuce ( jarads nickname for his son) is deserving of everything!!! We are all still in shock and deeply saddened by the loss of our wonderful, kind and talented friend.
jcar

United States

#466 Dec 15, 2013
SLW wrote:
Well as I have seen on just regular dectective shows...sometimes investigations go on for long time. Sometimes they seem like they are shut & done and them boom....kinda like wait & see. Personally I think this situation gets stranger and stranger. I think just the after statement that was posted about "letting us know about services"....that was pretty calm, cool and collective behavior. Just saying.....
Right?! Just like the "Hi guys, Jared passed away this morning" text. Wtf?! Seems cold, distant, odd.
Friend

United States

#467 Dec 15, 2013
...I have lived in KW for 12 years and have been a friend of Jarads since the day I arrived.
Unknown

United States

#468 Dec 15, 2013
SLW wrote:
Devils advocate here...what if it was all so dramatic coupled with the fact that they had only been back together for a short while (with all the jealously that comes with dating other people during a break) that whatever happened in that house ultimately ended the drama for her. Does that make sense? If he has in the past been a mess flashing his gun and they fought horribly, this could just be a sad end of a rough relationship. That could explain why she was so matter of fact. If they had been married for a long time, connected in that way that time does, had true deep rooted connections then her behavior afterward might be different.
OffRock

Columbia, CT

#469 Dec 15, 2013
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
He drank A LOT on stage.
From the plane through the keys in the middle of the night, then home he drank so much that he was such a mess brandishing his gun. Goes to bed and shoots himself?
Wouldn't it make more sense that there was a fight? Isn't that their MO?
There's no making sense of alcohol and guns. All bets are off in blackouts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
man fun Aug 14 lol 2
News Hemingway (no relation) wins look-alike contest... Jul '16 Parden Pard 2
the music thread (Apr '12) Jul '16 Musikologist 55
condo rental Jul '16 kwvisiter 1
Looking for a career in Key West Jul '16 Unfullfilled 1
ADULT ENTERTAINMENT CLUB on Duval (Jan '12) Jul '16 Ra ra 104
The Coconut Telegraph (Oct '14) Jul '16 Disgruntled Keys ... 2

Key West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance