Jared Michael hobgood
Unknown

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#430 Dec 14, 2013
i know wrote:
Jared was compltely anti drugs. Anyone that knows him well could tell you that. Drugs were a sign of poverty to him. And there was nobody at the house but him and sam when it happened. He had security cams on his property.
Yea, I didn't think so.
So 'I Know' have you heard a version? Know what was on the security cam?
Justagirl

Saint Petersburg, FL

#431 Dec 14, 2013
unknown wrote:
I Have A Counseling Background And Worked In A Mental Health Facility For Awhile As A Crisis Counselor. I Have Talked With Many Suicidal People And This whole.Situation Just Doesn't Sit Right With Me. In My Gut, I Just Don't Feel Like It Was Suicide. Only She Knows The Truth And May Never Tell It....She May Only Give The Version That Lets Her Sleep At Night. Sad...Very sad.
Why Do You Capitalize Every Word? I Don't Think You Are Who You Say You Are.
Retired Detective

Shelbyville, IN

#432 Dec 14, 2013
@ JMH Friend it is great you called the PD and the Detective hopefully he is a competent and throughout investigator. But be careful of your comments here for all this will end up in a court room if she is ever charged in his death. Some scumbag defense attorney will try and use any little piece of info. against the prosecution.....so common sense is the WORD......either way murder suicide or something in between this is a huge loss to this world.....so SHALOM MFer and RIP JMH, we have your back and I pray the evidence will so the truth what ever it is......Badge #3752
Unknown

United States

#433 Dec 14, 2013
Retired Detective wrote:
@ JMH Friend it is great you called the PD and the Detective hopefully he is a competent and throughout investigator. But be careful of your comments here for all this will end up in a court room if she is ever charged in his death. Some scumbag defense attorney will try and use any little piece of info. against the prosecution.....so common sense is the WORD......either way murder suicide or something in between this is a huge loss to this world.....so SHALOM MFer and RIP JMH, we have your back and I pray the evidence will so the truth what ever it is......Badge #3752
Thank you for posting! It would be terrible if we hampered the case. Have you seen anything on here that would do that so far?? If they do utilize this board then they would def find something good on FB which must overshadow anything said on this thing.
Thank you!
Retired Detective

Shelbyville, IN

#434 Dec 14, 2013
LDB wrote:
<quoted text>
JMH friend, I have a text conversation saved on my phone between Jared and I prior to his trip that I am sure correlates with your story. Can you provide me with the contact details for the detective? I am still in shock over all of this but want to help as much as I can now that I know that others feel the same as I do and are stepping forward. He was an amazing man and friend.
Just google Monroe County Sheriff or Key West PD, tell them you'd like to speak with the Investigator handing the JMH Investigation....I'm sure they will connect you promptly......and if anyone has INFO. DO NOT MENTION IT HERE!!!! LET the Detectives do their jobs...everyone sees these posts......Truth for JMH!!!

Since: Dec 13

Shelbyville, IN

#435 Dec 14, 2013
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for posting! It would be terrible if we hampered the case. Have you seen anything on here that would do that so far?? If they do utilize this board then they would def find something good on FB which must overshadow anything said on this thing.
Thank you!
Whether or not I do see something is of no matter at this point whats done is done. We all are grieving over this horrible loss. Reading some of the comments would lead me to believe that like all humans JMH had his ups and downs in this life especially his relationship with his wife. There is no stronger human emotion than the love/hate in a romantic relationship of 2 people. My only wish at this point is that the investigation will determine beyond any doubt what occurred, and if some one was liable for his death they are brought to justice.......either way suicide or "murder" JMH is not coming back and we must remember the joy he brought to our world.....IF YOU READ THIS and you were close to JMH as a friend, co-worker, etc....do the RIGHT THING call the police and tell them what you know... building a background of the ONLY 2 people that really know what occurred in his death, will sometimes be the difference in proving the case or the case slowly going away without closure....even if it seems like something you don't think is a big deal it might fit as another piece of this PUZZLE.....make the call...remember your karma......
KWPD sucks

Key West, FL

#436 Dec 14, 2013
so some of us have called the KWPD to give our statements and they basically turned us away. took no statement down. stated that there is no case, no investigation, no nothing. how do you contact an agency outside of KWPD to probe the investigation that was completed to ensure it was thorough and done properly? how do you hold the KWPD accountable for a job well done? NOT letting this rest....
Unknown

Ardsley, NY

#437 Dec 14, 2013
Retired Detective...
In your opinion, will the police report be released and available to the public?

Shelbyville, IN

#438 Dec 14, 2013
KWPD sucks wrote:
so some of us have called the KWPD to give our statements and they basically turned us away. took no statement down. stated that there is no case, no investigation, no nothing. how do you contact an agency outside of KWPD to probe the investigation that was completed to ensure it was thorough and done properly? how do you hold the KWPD accountable for a job well done? NOT letting this rest....
Nor should you let it rest.....but do your best not to ALIENATE the Investigators, as with all suspicious deaths there is always alot of conjecture that needs to be waded through and that appears to be the case here to.....(remember that you catch more flies with honey then with vinegar..)Call the local newspaper, call your mayor, call the local prosecutors office, try and find out if Jareds family has hired an attorney on his behalf. just remember that hearsay is not usable in most police investigations...they must be FIRST hand accounts of conversations, texts, emails....they need facts/proof/ etc that can be presented to a grand jury...this is no longer make believe BS drama its the real thing and homicide investigators need real proofs....everyone is very emotional over this, stop, think, slow down, then act.....
No name

Jacksonville, FL

#439 Dec 14, 2013
Maybe they have evidence showing Sam is innocent then like those security tapes?! Why would the KWPD be turning away people if there wasn't strong evidence?

Shelbyville, IN

#440 Dec 14, 2013
Unknown wrote:
Retired Detective...
In your opinion, will the police report be released and available to the public?
I don;t know Florida law, but if it is similar to most states no reports on an active police investigation get released. Only after the case is closed and then only maybe through the OPRA (open public reporting act) request...not sure if Florida has one of those...that's why maybe his close friends and family might want to contact a LOCAL lawyer,(maybe a friend of JMH???) to interact of his behalf ( and then take up collections to offset his costs....)
Spartan

Conshohocken, PA

#441 Dec 14, 2013
Sometimes the greatest passion is between two people that are desperately drawn together, and at the same time, they are relentlessly pulled apart- while they are clawing and fighting to be together again. The downs are fierce, and the ups are of no compare. They cannot stand to be away from one another, but can't possibly stay together; That is the definition of tragedy.

The feeling of being on the highest high, or the lowest low makes some feel alive, all of the time. The lows need the high, and vice versa. It's like a drug addiction, almost perfectly like a drug addiction... The lows makes us reach for more, because we know that having more, will get us the high that we so desperately need. The highs are so amazingly perfect and energized that we cannot possibly stay there.
Some can't stand the monotony of "every day life", they need extreme passion, and an extreme life.
I have no idea if this is what was going on, but maybe life, the highs and lows of an amazing life, and a sad one, the extreme high and low passions of a tumultuous relationship, were enough.
It is tragic, and it is passionate, and he led an amazing life - seemingly, with a lot of high highs, and low lows, and maybe it could have been no other way for this passionate man.
OLD FRIEND FROM USF

Naples, FL

#442 Dec 14, 2013
So if Samantha's friends said she is not a dancer what does she do for work?
Poor Jared...sometimes old saying ring true...the company you keep :(
Wished he stayed in law school
I know

Tampa, FL

#443 Dec 14, 2013
OLD FRIEND FROM USF wrote:
So if Samantha's friends said she is not a dancer what does she do for work?
Poor Jared...sometimes old saying ring true...the company you keep :(
Wished he stayed in law school
Yes sometimes you pay a high price for living low! Jared paid with his life. Sam in my opinion is a low life bottom feeder. I feel sorry for Hudson! He will have to grow up living and dealing with her reputation
miss-b

Taylor, MI

#444 Dec 14, 2013
Just by googling Samantha's name, you will see her listed as a Zuma and Yoga instructor.
duh

Key West, FL

#445 Dec 14, 2013
miss-b wrote:
Just by googling Samantha's name, you will see her listed as a Zuma and Yoga instructor.
but she works at a strip club named BARE ASSets. maybe she teaches zuma and yoga there...
Unknown

United States

#446 Dec 14, 2013
KWPD sucks wrote:
They said 'there is no case'?? I was doing some research on these types of incidents and they are not so quickly wrapped up. I can give examples, there are plenty that are still under investigation long after the fact. If that is true then it seems the police are not being thorough or she had no residue on her hands.
Retired detective-- is it possible for someone to get the residue off before calling it in..? How long would that be traceable?
law school friend

Palm Harbor, FL

#447 Dec 14, 2013
I am a law school friend of Jared's. There are several of us who went to law school with Jared who are now former prosecutors, well versed in criminal law and criminal investigations. I would love to contact Jared's family and offer any assistance and to make sure KWPD does a thorough investigation. Please let me know which family member is best to contact and how to do so. I would hate to bother the grieving family or send a FB message to a family member who does not check their account regularly. Thank you for your help,
jcar

United States

#448 Dec 14, 2013
law school friend wrote:
I am a law school friend of Jared's. There are several of us who went to law school with Jared who are now former prosecutors, well versed in criminal law and criminal investigations. I would love to contact Jared's family and offer any assistance and to make sure KWPD does a thorough investigation. Please let me know which family member is best to contact and how to do so. I would hate to bother the grieving family or send a FB message to a family member who does not check their account regularly. Thank you for your help,
Contact the staff at Irish Kevin's. They would know or could lead you in the right direction. With your experience, why wouldn't the KWPD be taking statements?
Isla

Montpelier, VT

#449 Dec 14, 2013
Jared's father is an attorney out of Tampa. His name is Ron Hob good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New deal to preserve Peary Court housing comes ... May 1 Marcy June 2
News Strip club owner settles suit over dancer wages... Apr 23 Miami Mike 2
The place to stay? lesbian... Apr 23 stacia 1
ADULT ENTERTAINMENT CLUB on Duval (Jan '12) Apr 22 victor 97
Review: Living Dolls (Mar '11) Apr 21 CLEAN DUDE 73
News PERFORMANCE/TOUR: A Musical Version of Build It... (May '11) Mar '16 c_bones 12
News Who shot 7 Cuban migrants? 6 in hospital while ... Mar '16 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Key West Mortgages