Unknown

Indianapolis, IN

#23 Dec 10, 2013
I heard Jared was a partner in a bar in Key West that has since closed? Maybe it was financial problems.
Jen

Tampa, FL

#24 Dec 10, 2013
I had the same question??? How did he get a gun in SF??? Were they in a hotel room??? Was she with him when it happened??? Some many questions left unanswered!!!!!
Unknown

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Dec 10, 2013
Someone will eventually get on here and answer the questions.
scojo17

Leechburg, PA

#26 Dec 10, 2013
It's not hard to get a gun anywhere. All you have to do is claim it at the airport and they allow you to bring it with you. Not on board of course. He was part of the special forces so he probably had is CCW. which is a permit that allows you to carry a gun.
Jared

Hollywood, FL

#27 Dec 10, 2013
He was home in key west. He drove back from ft lauderdale airport that night like an earlier post says. He asked friends in lauderdale to go out but they have day jobs and it was after midnight. When they texted him next he said he was home. That was an hour if so before he was shot. His wife was with him..
Unknown

Plymouth, MI

#28 Dec 10, 2013
Wanna, I am in no way close enough to the situation to know if he had problems that weren't apparent to the public.

I initially thought he was in SF too when he died. But this might not be the case. He added the cable car pic to his page on December 5 at 230am, more than 48 hours after she posted the pic to hers. They very well could have been back in KW when this tragic event occurred.
Jen

Tampa, FL

#29 Dec 10, 2013
Thanks for clearing some things up!!! It is very sad!!
Unknown

Plymouth, MI

#30 Dec 10, 2013
So as I was typing, Jared from Orlando beat me to the explanation on location with more details...it....Anyway...a terrible tragedy.
Jen

Tampa, FL

#31 Dec 10, 2013
That is crazy she was with him... Makes for more questions
Dom from England

London, UK

#32 Dec 10, 2013
The silence, I will admit, makes me think there is a lot more to come. But I get the need to protect the kids and family. Us the fans will just have to wait. Either way I agree, not the type of guy to be depressed, but you never can tell.
Unknown

Indianapolis, IN

#33 Dec 10, 2013
was Jared part owner of a bar in KW?
Any clue

Tampa, FL

#34 Dec 10, 2013
Did anyone have any clue he was having problems??? So odd!!! Were he and Sam fighting??
Concerned

Indianapolis, IN

#35 Dec 10, 2013
Dom from England wrote:
The silence, I will admit, makes me think there is a lot more to come. But I get the need to protect the kids and family. Us the fans will just have to wait. Either way I agree, not the type of guy to be depressed, but you never can tell.
There r some things more complicated and serious than depression that include depression as a part of their disease. And depression is easily hid within the confines if these diseases.
Kim

Annapolis, MD

#36 Dec 10, 2013
Yes he definitely was a partner in a bar that closed soon after it opened. Name escapes me right now but he used to post about it frequently on his Facebook page. I would say it has all happened within the past year.
Any clue

Tampa, FL

#37 Dec 10, 2013
Did he have a disease??? I know he drank with his job, was he out of control? Was it a problem??
Pat

Huntingtown, MD

#38 Dec 10, 2013
I think his bar was tattoo's and scars...still can't believe this.
Kim

Annapolis, MD

#39 Dec 10, 2013
I am pretty sure Steel Horse was the bar.
Deserve info

Denville, NJ

#40 Dec 10, 2013
I think it was what replaced Steel Horse. That location has changed owners over and over again.
Jreed61

Sarasota, FL

#41 Dec 10, 2013
PAJoe wrote:
While I am shocked and saddened (and want to know what happened)by this tragedy at least as much as you, please remember that what you post here stays here for a long time, and this man has a wife and child. Let his family handle this internally, let his children hear what happened from their mother, not on the web. Let her decide what should be told. Let's respect the man that we obvioulsy care for very much.
Ah, very good points. I honestly hadn't been thinking along those lines at all... I have children and as soon as I read your post it opened my eyes and my heart even more. Thank you.
Two cents

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42 Dec 10, 2013
People don't kill themselves in kw over financial issues. My take was that it was either heavy drug use that night or something with his wife. I didn't see interaction with her and his family at the tribute and she didn't seem devastated. I'm not pointing fingers- however if you look at the photos of her at the tribute she does not look like someone who just lost their husband. It was also graphic and she was with him- I personally would be a mess.. Maybe she anticipated it..? Who knows

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Apr '12) Jan 20 ItDoesGetBetter 51
Anyone interested in trading Vinyl or CDs Jan 20 Soultrane 1
What happened to Jared Michael Hobgood? (Dec '13) Jan 15 anonymous 22
A piss off man in Bardstown Kentucky Jan 9 angry man 1
Upper Crust restaurant on Duval closed, out of ... (Oct '13) Jan 9 King Bouncer 2
Review: Doggie Style Pet Groom Salon (Jul '11) Jan 7 Ted Smith 10
Florida clerks plan for gay marriages starting ... Jan 4 Pat Robertson s F... 3
Key West Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Key West People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:47 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:47PM