Jared Michael hobgood
Blondie

Cartersville, GA

#249 Dec 12, 2013
KWspearfisher wrote:
I am curious if people on her side would start a rumor of Samantha being cleared so nobody will go put in a statement against her........ food for thought. She IS evil. I saw her anger and resentment towards him firsthand. And he was genuinely concerned about it. So much that I recall him putting in a security camera system after she was arrested because he was worried about her vandalizing or burning the house down or breaking in. Scary lady. He was a professional. Keep that in mind. He was one of the smartest people I know. And he LOVED his son. Oh did he ever...RIP brother.
I have read and seen the mugshot where she was arrested and heard he had taken out a restraining order against her. That was only a few months ago, so what happened that he decided to get back together with someone like her? And when did they get back together? We are just curious about this whole thing because none of it makes any sense! He seemed to enjoy life so much!
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#250 Dec 12, 2013
Trying to understand wrote:
I didn't know Jared personally but have seen him perform on several occasions. By all of the comments found here, on Facebook, Twitter, etc. you understand that he was a very special person. Not just through his entertaining but in so many ways - he was a shining light.
Unfortunately, when someone so special passes on it's hard to understand why or to comprehend the emotion behind the loss we feel.
I think it's normal to try and find blame in something so devastating but I believe it's only stemmed from the loss and hurt everyone is feeling. Maybe for some, it's easier to believe that something or someone was responsible for this great loss. If there is an explanation, maybe somehow it makes coping with the loss a little easier. It brings a small amount of closure.
Before you continue to argue back and forth about who is at fault (Jared's depression or his wife)- just stop for a moment and remember that someone else is hurting just like you and is trying to also make sense of something so tragic.
I hope for those of you who are close to those involved - that you find peace and love in your heart and start remembering all the wonderful things about Jared and so many wonderful memories he as created for many, many people.
Nice sugar coating....but I don't think depression had a thing to do w/ this terrible incident. We saw him on Sat night and life was good for him Somethings screams fishy to me. I hope the family (and I do realize they are grieving) brings in some real detectives. My nephew took his own life in 2012 just shy of his 27th birthday...he had all the classic signs...and 'Love for a woman" was not one of them. He did it alone and not in front of anyone. Jared...had it all going for him.....Nothing is right here....and fans or friends or family I hope someone calls for more help that what we are getting on this forum. Call Nancy Grace or whatever it takes....Something bad happened and I don't think it had to do w/ his love for her! Who are we kidding here????
Concerned

Tampa, FL

#251 Dec 12, 2013
I wonder if "Stephanie" also works at the strip club.
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#252 Dec 12, 2013
Slap yourself in the face ppl and get a grip....I don't believe this girl is and innocent anything! Scares me ppl like this exist!
Unknown

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#253 Dec 12, 2013
KWspearfisher wrote:
I am curious if people on her side would start a rumor of Samantha being cleared so nobody will go put in a statement against her........ food for thought. She IS evil. I saw her anger and resentment towards him firsthand. And he was genuinely concerned about it. So much that I recall him putting in a security camera system after she was arrested because he was worried about her vandalizing or burning the house down or breaking in. Scary lady. He was a professional. Keep that in mind. He was one of the smartest people I know. And he LOVED his son. Oh did he ever...RIP brother.

I remember a story where a woman was being killed outside of an apartment building and no one called the police because they all thought someone else was calling. She died..with all those witnesses.
I bet Jared would be searching for justice if this happened to one of you.
Krista & Stephanie, thank you for bringing so much insight with your posts. She was clearly a stand up gal. Now, if you have a storyline for us from your friend, that is what would really be helpful in taking the heat off your girl. Why not say if we are so disgustingly wrong? Clear it up.
SO ANGRY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#254 Dec 12, 2013
Justice For Jared!
LDB

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#255 Dec 12, 2013
JMH Friend wrote:
Hey So Angry and Jcar, Justice will prevail. I have a phone interview with the detective tomorrow morning to give them the details of the conversation I had with Jared just prior to his European trip.
It really sucks we won't have our friend back, but at lest we can find closure.
JMH friend, I have a text conversation saved on my phone between Jared and I prior to his trip that I am sure correlates with your story. Can you provide me with the contact details for the detective? I am still in shock over all of this but want to help as much as I can now that I know that others feel the same as I do and are stepping forward. He was an amazing man and friend.
Erin Kelly McDonough

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#256 Dec 12, 2013
A wonderful person is dead. This is beyond a bump in the road.
jcar

United States

#257 Dec 12, 2013
SO ANGRY wrote:
Justice For Jared!
Yes. I will not rest until there is Justice for Jared!
Let_this_rest

United States

#258 Dec 12, 2013
KWspearfisher wrote:
As a friend of Jared, and Samantha, both individually and as a couple this is what I'm saying, I would not dishonor Jared by making up a rumor that samantha was innocent unless she was.
Obviously you don't know too much, I was speaking with Jared's father at the funeral, it was him who installed the security system in their house, so that the house would be safe on all the vacations and trips they took TOGETHER. The police have all the security footage from the incident, and all the facts from the seen, they have seen the tapes and from that the concluded samantha of her innocence. The official report will be made public in two weeks. The truth has prevailed.... You can all think that samantha is guilty, but the evidence cannot lie.
Erin Kelly McDonough

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#259 Dec 12, 2013
Thank you. Sorry. He will truly be missed. The fact that we are being told he killed himself is the worst. He would never leave his son!
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#260 Dec 12, 2013
SO ANGRY wrote:
Justice For Jared!
YES....Justice for Jared.....Pls Lord let there be!
KWspearfisher

Key West, FL

#261 Dec 12, 2013
they should at least give her a polygraph. those things can reveal A LOT. or at least enough to motivate them to dig a little deeper. We all know the best citizens and morally solid people work at strip clubs.

And yes, I am generalizing,

Birds of feather flock together...
SLW

Saint Leonard, MD

#262 Dec 12, 2013
Unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a story where a woman was being killed outside of an apartment building and no one called the police because they all thought someone else was calling. She died..with all those witnesses.
I bet Jared would be searching for justice if this happened to one of you.
Krista & Stephanie, thank you for bringing so much insight with your posts. She was clearly a stand up gal. Now, if you have a storyline for us from your friend, that is what would really be helpful in taking the heat off your girl. Why not say if we are so disgustingly wrong? Clear it up.
Unknown...we are not talking about a woman are we????? Hummm...makes one wonder. Lets look beyond these girls and find the truth even if it hurts!
Unknown

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#263 Dec 12, 2013
Let_this_rest wrote:
<quoted text>
As a friend of Jared, and Samantha, both individually and as a couple this is what I'm saying, I would not dishonor Jared by making up a rumor that samantha was innocent unless she was.
Obviously you don't know too much, I was speaking with Jared's father at the funeral, it was him who installed the security system in their house, so that the house would be safe on all the vacations and trips they took TOGETHER. The police have all the security footage from the incident, and all the facts from the seen, they have seen the tapes and from that the concluded samantha of her innocence. The official report will be made public in two weeks. The truth has prevailed.... You can all think that samantha is guilty, but the evidence cannot lie.
Sam's friends like to say that she was cleared & the residue test was negative. I haven't heard any explanation. So, they drove home from ft lauderdale airport through the early morning hours. Jared texts friends inquiring that he was home at around 7am & then what in the next hour & a half happened that he decided '''I'm gonna grab a gun & shoot myself in front of my wife.''' In the face. I mean maybe it's not the face but that's the only thing I have heard.
KWspearfisher

Key West, FL

#264 Dec 12, 2013
Let_this_rest wrote:
<quoted text>
She may not have pulled the trigger herself but her abuse drove this situation to the extreme point it reached. Maybe he didn't tell his father the truth behind the security system to protect his pride and not worry his father. The reason Jared installed the camera system was not just to protect his house while on vacation, it was to protect himself from her. His words he spoke directly to me. Face to face. The last big vacation he went on after the cameras were installed, she didn't go with him.- The people of Key West that spent the most time with Jared and Samantha could tell you so much more than his father could tell you about Jared and Samantha. She was abusive. True story. Look it up...
CuriousCat

Chalfont, PA

#265 Dec 12, 2013
Let_this_rest wrote:
<quoted text>
It's interesting how the security system was brought up earlier by a friend of Jared's and you just *HAPPENED* to have had a conversation with his dad at the funeral. How would that ever come up in random conversation? It really wouldn't especially at a funeral. While I cry bull on your statement, I do think its admirable to defend your friend(s).
Sunset

Little Hocking, OH

#266 Dec 12, 2013
Was anyone one here AT the tribute? I'm curious to know how much interaction there was between Jared's family and Samantha that day/night. Are/were they close to her?
Kim

Lakeland, FL

#267 Dec 12, 2013
Let_this_rest wrote:
<quoted text>
It is closed, I spoke with Samantha yesterday and she has been officially cleared by the cheif detective from the case of all connection to his death, unfortunately most of you on here will not believe this so I don't know why I'm bothering writing this, I just want to let you all know how much you are hurting his family and his loved ones by reading your accusations against her.
Think what you will, you have the freedom to do so. My guess is that the truth isn't going to change your opinions!
You have issues with the police findings? take it up with them.... everyone needs to stop all these harrassing threats. If you are stupid enough to actually be willing to take the law into your own hands after she's been proven innocent, then I can assure you... The police WILL find you guilty of your actions, and you've just ruined your own life!!
She hasn't been "proven innocent" - that can only happen in a court of law. They apparently don't have enough evidence to get a judge to sign an arrest warrant now. But that could change if the investigation continues. My bet is that she moves away from KW as quickly as possible.
Unknown

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#268 Dec 12, 2013
KWspearfisher wrote:
they should at least give her a polygraph. those things can reveal A LOT. or at least enough to motivate them to dig a little deeper. We all know the best citizens and morally solid people work at strip clubs.
And yes, I am generalizing,
Birds of feather flock together...
Just because we can't see or hear how the investigation is going does not mean that it's not happening. I'm sure his family will press for answers and I'm quite sure Irish Kevin's & staff will not let this ride. All we can do is wait for the arrest and/or official report, but in the meantime you friends out there reading this go do something, fight for him. Give them your evidence. I'm sure the reason she is not sitting in jail yet is because they need to make their case. It's how it works.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An illuminated removable nipple cover May '16 mansaya 2
Almost all residential structures in Key West h... May '16 Hurricane man 1
News Coast Guard: Cuban migrants cling to lighthouse... May '16 Jan Marie 1
News Wedding planner who left couples at altar charg... May '16 Jan Marie 1
News Still alive: Judy Blume opens a book store May '16 Jan Marie 1
News Pit bull puppies found abandoned for hours in a... May '16 Jan Marie 1
News Key West man added to cocaine trafficking case May '16 Jan Marie 1

Key West Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance