Florida - Sheriff's Deputy Loses Job ...

Florida - Sheriff's Deputy Loses Job After She Bares All in Video

There are 37 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Mar 21, 2007, titled Florida - Sheriff's Deputy Loses Job After She Bares All in Video. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

By Brandon Gunnoe WBBH/NBC News Channel PUNTA GORDA, FL -- Reports say in 2001 Gina Wiseley was videotaped while touching herself during a Fantasy Fest in Key West, Florida.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nocatee Weather

Yulee, FL

#22 May 17, 2007
Why would you risk your job and money source like this?

check it out for nocateeweather.com A quickly developing site.
idgaf

Clearwater, FL

#23 May 20, 2007
let me have one of the tapes i'll put it on latenight tv.............
Mindy Stevens

AOL

#24 May 23, 2007
Ron wrote:
This was a Punta Gorda police officer, not a Sheriff's deputy.
This was defenitly a deputy from a sherriff office.
So what

Stuart, FL

#25 May 23, 2007
Mindy Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This was defenitly a deputy from a sherriff office.
You're both right. She was a Lee County Deputy who was fired for her actions at Fantasy Fest. She was then hired by the City of Punta Gorda where she was later fired for allegedly talking baout it.
GoldStar Dog

United States

#26 May 23, 2007
To those of you who feel that no wrong was committed: If this woman arrested you or a family member, was a witness against you in a criminal investigation, or was athe lead in an investigation you were conducting, would you NOT bring up this officer's error in judgement tomake yourself look better?

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#27 May 24, 2007
I am a former Correctional Officer (former by choice, not because I was Fired). I know for a fact, that one of the conditions of employement with ANY law enforcement agency requires its staff to "maintain a professional, courteous, and HIGH MORAL STANDARD both on and off duty". Though I do not beleive this woman is a perv, she was a sworn peace officer, and should have conducted herself accordingly. If she wanted to "show out" in Key West, then it should have stayed in Key West.(She's a cop and doesn't realize that all a video tape is is EVIDENCE!!!! SHOCKING) So, while I refuse to engage is the vicious mud slinging that's going on about this, I thought it prudent to point out the facts: There are standards of conduct that all Law Enforcement Personel must follow in order to maintain their positions. The violation for not living up to these standards is called the same as if this happened in the military "Conduct unbecoming a sworn peace officer". So, whether you like it or not, and whether she was fired for touching herself or for bragging about it, she IS guilty of "Conduct Unbecoming an Officer" So the two other "Moms" on this post can stop their childish, middle school bickering and realize that both of you are right!!!!! She should have used better judgement, and that's the bottom line. Now she's paying for those actions---and guess what "Mom's"--- her losing her job doesn't affect you households in the least little bit!!!!!!
Chris

Tallahassee, FL

#28 May 24, 2007
I work in Law Enforcement and I can tell you that she is nothing but a pawn. Other Officers have done a lot worse things and gotten away with it. Her biggest issue is that she could not keep her mouth shut about the investigation and embarrassed her superiors. As for my own opinion. IT IS YOUR BUSINESS WHAT YOU DO ON YOUR OWN TIME!! That is why it is your own time. She was not acting or behaving any differently than the vast majority of people who attend Fantasy Fest. I live in Key West and have attended the festival. That kind of behavior is expected and if you don't like it DON"T Attend the festival. As for all of you self righteous people out there I don't see you working on the police force, putting your life on the line each and every day. Once you do that, then you can talk. Being an officer is a very stressful job and we all need an outlet.
Baypoint Rae

Hamilton, Canada

#29 May 24, 2007
I don't have quams about a nude brest, but how would you react to male officers running around with their you know whats hanging out.
Seems like there is no modesty any more, and respect for the postion they hold.

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#30 May 24, 2007
Baypoint Rae wrote:
I don't have quams about a nude brest, but how would you react to male officers running around with their you know whats hanging out.
Seems like there is no modesty any more, and respect for the postion they hold.
AMEN!!!
rebeccah

Aripeka, FL

#32 Sep 10, 2007
they both suck so who gives a boo
boo
Christy

Cape Coral, FL

#33 Aug 7, 2011
She was drunk give her a break. It was on her own time and everyone thats vringing her kids into this saying she a bad role model, just stop talking. I've met her before and shes a great cop and role model. Did you know her daughter wanted to follow in her foot steps and become a cop? If its none of your buisess stay out of it.
Christy

Cape Coral, FL

#34 Aug 7, 2011
Ron wrote:
This was a Punta Gorda police officer, not a Sheriff's deputy.
She was a sherrif and then later worked as a Punta Gorda officer.
Time for Timer

Englewood, FL

#35 Aug 8, 2011
Christy wrote:
She was drunk give her a break. It was on her own time and everyone thats vringing her kids into this saying she a bad role model, just stop talking. I've met her before and shes a great cop and role model. Did you know her daughter wanted to follow in her foot steps and become a cop? If its none of your buisess stay out of it.
Please taeke note that the post you responded to was "ALL MOST FIVE YEARS AGO!!!!!
The author is possible dead by now.
Brotha of the Unborn

Norfolk, VA

#36 Aug 9, 2011
Chris wrote:
The city, county, state, federal govt has no rights interfering with what people do on their own time as long as it is not illegal. I hope she sues the municipality whom she worked for and wins. Govt already has too much power over peoples lives. It makes no difference to me what a police officer does on their own time. I am only concerned about their performance when they are at work.
Would you make the same argument "Chris" if Ms. Gina Wisely lost her job for performing in an animal crush video by 'Pit Boss' Stevens of Pittsville, VA!?
Cracker

Knoxville, TN

#37 Aug 10, 2011
Who cares.
Justice lover

Fort Myers, FL

#38 Aug 9, 2013
Oops.
Joe

Plant City, FL

#39 Nov 24, 2013
Asmodeus: You said it well. ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key West Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ADULT ENTERTAINMENT CLUB on Duval (Jan '12) May 21 GoConchs 100
Key West Restaurants May 19 slapperson 1
News Tips on caring for your aging parents (Feb '14) May 17 anonymous 25
Review: Living Dolls (Mar '11) May 12 Vpatel 74
Public Nudity May 7 Dude 1
News New deal to preserve Peary Court housing comes ... May 1 Marcy June 2
News Strip club owner settles suit over dancer wages... Apr 23 Miami Mike 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Key West Mortgages