Trayvon Martin's mother, lawmakers call for repeal of 'stand your...

Jan 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Daytona Beach News-Journal Online

Sybrina Fulton, the mother of Trayvon Martin, stands with Florida lawmakers calling for the repeal of the 'stand your ground' laws that are being invoked by people such as George Zimmerman, the man who killed her son in 2012.Screen capture from newserviceflorida.com video The mother of Trayvon Martin, who will attend the Martin Luther King Jr.

Comments
1 - 20 of 41 Comments Last updated Mar 6, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chi chi

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Stand your ground is great if you are being attacked but Zimmerman was TOLD by the police dispatcher NOT TO FOLLOW the kid,. It is highly possible that because he had a gun he ignored the police dispatcher and thus there is now only 1 witness to tell what took place as the other is dead.

If this had been a black male who FOLLOWED a white hispanic and killed him under the same circumstances in the state of Florida, he would now be on death row.
Rusty

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

White Hispanic. LMFAO
Ana Thema

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Chi chi wrote:
If this had been a black male who FOLLOWED a white hispanic and killed him under the same circumstances in the state of Florida, he would now be on death row.
That's where they belong.
If you are not black, the next time your in an all black
neighborhood or one that's turning black, get out of your car
and go for a walk in the neighborhood and see how safe you feel.
You'll be lucky if just your car is stolen or vandalized.
That's my opinion and I don't care what you think. I'm right
and TNB (typical n****r behavior) will vindicate my belief
so KMA.
Sandy

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Ana Thema wrote:
<quoted text>
That's where they belong.
If you are not black, the next time your in an all black
neighborhood or one that's turning black, get out of your car
and go for a walk in the neighborhood and see how safe you feel.
You'll be lucky if just your car is stolen or vandalized.
That's my opinion and I don't care what you think. I'm right
and TNB (typical n****r behavior) will vindicate my belief
so KMA.
It is time for your daily fix of Rush Limbaugh.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Chi chi wrote:
Stand your ground is great if you are being attacked but Zimmerman was TOLD by the police dispatcher NOT TO FOLLOW the kid,. It is highly possible that because he had a gun he ignored the police dispatcher and thus there is now only 1 witness to tell what took place as the other is dead.
NO HE WAS"NT.....LIE in your first sentence, not a very good start.....
Zimm It Up

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Trayvon who?

Oh, the guy everyone has forgotten about?
Zimm It Up

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Tayvon who?

A year has gone by, where Reverend Al and Jesse?

No one cares anymore....except his parents.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Angela Corey, the prosecutor is exactly the worst of scumbags....she is as low as Alan Derschowitz says she is......
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Wide spread media coverage will certainly add to racial issues. C.N.N. Al Sharpton-Jesse Jackson. Particularly Jackson & Sharpton, it's still their rage against prejudice, that causes the tension, and their only goal is to become wealthy. They are both self loathing people. They do not represent their origin of color. They represent being religious hypycrites, for their own finanacial gain. The put those suspicions in either race until no one can remove them, and life remains segragated! Their instant recogition that falls out, and back in sends a message to people that believe in their thinking, & they spread the word- color? Yes but not entirely..they are hypocrites.
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Two stories. This is one that reach national attention. The second story, is about a caucasion woman from Port Orange Fl that did not recieve national attention. She argued with her boyfriend to the point where he told her to leave, be cause he thought she would become violent. A history of alcohol abuse is involved. A history of physical abuse, has been recorded. She claimed he hit her in the face, during that arguement. She walked away and went to friends house. She went back, they argued she stabbed him to death. 15 years probation, no house arrest, because premeditated murder, was explained as standing your ground. That woman is the ex-wife of a Daytona beach city official.
Alex in Miami

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Nobody out here saying Trayvon was innocent was there to see what actually happened. The police originally cleared Zimmerman as justified but then had to change course because the black and other ignorrant community want to play the race card and since politicians at various levels stand to gain politically from this. So now people (mainly percieved as white) have to allow themselves to be assaulted because scumbag's parents won't admit their kids were that, rather they were victims of racism. F#@k off!!!
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Alex in Miami wrote:
Nobody out here saying Trayvon was innocent was there to see what actually happened. The police originally cleared Zimmerman as justified but then had to change course because the black and other ignorrant community want to play the race card and since politicians at various levels stand to gain politically from this. So now people (mainly percieved as white) have to allow themselves to be assaulted because scumbag's parents won't admit their kids were that, rather they were victims of racism. F#@k off!!!
It's a story that was played up in the press. With a reputation for total disregard,about public opinion juries become difficult to find, that would insure, a fair hearing. The honest truth would be you don't know what the truth is! People that gain attention/celebrity for loathsome reason's are everywhere. Particularly the press. You're a victim of racial predjudice!
Zimm It Up

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Zimmerman should have left,

Tayvon should have let it go.

They would both be living the lives they should have.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Yeah, who care's if blacks are robbing your neighbors....let a player play.....
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Zimm It Up wrote:
Zimmerman should have left,
Tayvon should have let it go.
They would both be living the lives they should have.
You're right! Regardless of skin color- evidence lack of evidence or public opinion this is a clear case of Justifiable homocide! Plain simple. Public interest in the case & the verdict, clouds the judgement of everyones constitutional rights!
Real American

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

We need this law intact so ordinary law abiding citizens can protect themselves from criminal gangsters like treyvon. If her mom wants to change anything, she should change her parenting so she knows where her teenagers are in the middle of the night.
Alex in Miami

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Joe wrote:
<quoted text> It's a story that was played up in the press. With a reputation for total disregard,about public opinion juries become difficult to find, that would insure, a fair hearing. The honest truth would be you don't know what the truth is! People that gain attention/celebrity for loathsome reason's are everywhere. Particularly the press. You're a victim of racial predjudice!
How am I a victim of racial predjudice?
Alex in Miami

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

There should be an equal public counter pressure and backlash for this! If Zimmerman is unjustly prosecuted any and all angry with the disposition should take to the streets in protest no different than they would with their claims of racial predjudice should he be aquitted. Take it straight to their neighborhoods!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Why act like the clueless? What does that prove?
Joe

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Alex in Miami wrote:
<quoted text>How am I a victim of racial predjudice?
In this case, as well as others that have gained attention the legal system manipulates the race card. They take advantage of ideas played out in the press to find a sympathethic jury, or reach for a mistrial.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Key-Biscayne Discussions

Search the Key-Biscayne Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
ask me any question (Mar '13) 4 hr BigBill 174
Review: Nation Auto Transport 6 hr Merced 1
2,700 Rescues Parade June 2011 (Jun '11) 10 hr Fidel 208
Denmark Dick is Back! (Apr '13) 12 hr ADAM THE MACHO LIFEGUARD 10
Fake ID's for sale 18 hr reallygoodfakes is Ripper 2
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sun Mutt 2,928
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) Sun P Quinn 2,402
•••
•••
•••
Key-Biscayne Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Key-Biscayne Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••