Border Patrol Nabs Cuban Migrants

Border Patrol Nabs Cuban Migrants

There are 19 comments on the The Post Chronicle story from Aug 26, 2008, titled Border Patrol Nabs Cuban Migrants. In it, The Post Chronicle reports that:

More than 63 Cuban migrants attempting to enter the United States via Key Biscayne, Fla., are now in custody, Customs & Border Patrol officials say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post Chronicle.

Ion

AOL

#1 Aug 26, 2008
Re-Start Operation (br,bl alien) WETB*CK !!!!!!!

WBII

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#2 Aug 26, 2008
I think it is time to change the current policy with Cuba.

MIAMI, Aug. 26 (UPI)-- More than 63 Cuban migrants attempting to enter the United States via Key Biscayne, Fla., are now in custody, Customs & Border Patrol officials say.

Border officials said the migrants arrived in two groups Monday night and one of the captured Cuban residents said they had been traveling to Florida since for days, Miami's WPLG-TV reported Tuesday.

"It's been a very long journey. We're all tired. We even have little kids," the unidentified migrant said. "We've been through thirst, hunger. We had to walk a lot -- there in Cuba, here in America too."

The immigrant groups, which included at least 10 women and five children, will likely be able to use the current "wet foot, dry foot" immigration policy to remain in the states since they made it dry land before their capture, WPLG-TV said.
StupidPeople

Englewood, CO

#3 Aug 26, 2008
Well at least it wasn't the wet foot-dry foot auto stay here! I too think the laws need to be changed!
Karen

Lincoln, NE

#4 Aug 28, 2008
Bump this one!
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#5 Aug 28, 2008
Ion wrote:
Re-Start Operation (br,bl alien) WETB*CK !!!!!!!
WBII
I like the Joe Horn plan better.
Karen

Lincoln, NE

#6 Aug 28, 2008
john wrote:
<quoted text>I like the Joe Horn plan better.
So are you going to leave us in suspense or is it something you can't write about? If so I'll figure it out myself! LOL
john

Shawnee Mission, KS

#7 Aug 28, 2008
Karen wrote:
<quoted text> So are you going to leave us in suspense or is it something you can't write about? If so I'll figure it out myself! LOL
Joe Horn shot two illegals in Houston TX last year. The illegals had served prison and were deported but came back to the USA. Mr. Horn will not be charge with a crime for this shooting. Google Joe Horn
I HATE CUBANS TOO

Jordan Valley, OR

#8 Aug 28, 2008
End "wet foot, dry foot". Cuba is no worse than many other nations in the world, yet we don't allow a "free for all" for immigrants from other nations, e.g. Haiti. Haiti is far worse than Cuba, yet mosst Haitians are deported, while reggaeton-loving, Cuban-ref-scum are allowed in, so that they can ruin South Florida even more. I've got to be honest with you...I am a RACIST towards Cubans. I hate them....to hell with it.
Fast

Jordan Valley, OR

#9 Aug 28, 2008
Cubans suck!
Karen

Lincoln, NE

#10 Aug 28, 2008
john wrote:
<quoted text>Joe Horn shot two illegals in Houston TX last year. The illegals had served prison and were deported but came back to the USA. Mr. Horn will not be charge with a crime for this shooting. Google Joe Horn
Sorry John. I didn't recognize the name, but definitely saw a lot of coverage on TV. I'm happy he wasn't charged. A man's sometimes gotta do what a man's gotta do and who knows maybe we'll all at some time be in the same situation?
freedom of speech

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#11 Aug 28, 2008
Interview to Gorki and some of his songs
Interview to 'gorki" http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Some of his songs of rebellion against Castro's dictatorship!
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
Free Gorki! he is not guilty of anything other than free expression!

The communist propaganda machine does not allow dissent & free thoughts!

Their objective is total mind control & control of the masses!
100 percent

Miami, FL

#12 Aug 28, 2008
What the hell, 63 cubans in custody, well let me break out some champagne and celebrate!!Because I am fatigued with these cubans sneaking out and coming here to Miami. They come here and act so disrespectful and unwilling to learn to speak English. I was born and in The Homestead Air Force Base because my dad served this country for over 20 years and I was raised in Miami, yet I cant get a job because I dont speak spanish, but its so funny how I can go to a store and ask a clerk a question and all I get is "I no speak-e englsh". Im over these ungreatful immigrants from cuba and im tired of feeling like a prisoner in MY OWN COUNTRY. So I feel no sympathy for them, they have no sympathy for me and tons of other people who cant get a job because of them, we have mouths to feed and bills to pay too. They should fix their problems in cuba. Cubans try to act like bad asses here but act so cowardly in cuba. Please, send those migrants back, so that 63 of AMERICANS can get jobs!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#13 Sep 8, 2008
100 percent wrote:
What the hell, 63 cubans in custody, well let me break out some champagne and celebrate!!Because I am fatigued with these cubans sneaking out and coming here to Miami. They come here and act so disrespectful and unwilling to learn to speak English. I was born and in The Homestead Air Force Base because my dad served this country for over 20 years and I was raised in Miami, yet I cant get a job because I dont speak spanish, but its so funny how I can go to a store and ask a clerk a question and all I get is "I no speak-e englsh". Im over these ungreatful immigrants from cuba and im tired of feeling like a prisoner in MY OWN COUNTRY. So I feel no sympathy for them, they have no sympathy for me and tons of other people who cant get a job because of them, we have mouths to feed and bills to pay too. They should fix their problems in cuba. Cubans try to act like bad asses here but act so cowardly in cuba. Please, send those migrants back, so that 63 of AMERICANS can get jobs!
Most Cubans are hard-working Americans. They are not illegal immigrants taking jobs away from other Americans. They must work and pay taxes like everyone else. Although I agree that they should all learn to speak English, it takes a while for people to assimilate. They left a communist country where food is rationed and the best hospitals and education is restricted to the military, communist party class. It's hard to "fix their own problem in Cuba" with no weapons and with a huge powerful country (the USA) which forbids it. It's called the "no invasion treaty" thanks to Kennedy. Many of us are sympathetic to Americans who feel like you do. But we're not dealing with only Cubans anymore. We have droves and droves of "other" Hispanics coming here and not wanting to assimilate, especially in Homestead! Are you so sure you're dealing with Cubans?
We need to tighten all borders and stop this insanity so these new arrivals are forced to assimilate or get out!

Location hidden

#14 Sep 8, 2008
I HATE CUBANS TOO wrote:
End "wet foot, dry foot". Cuba is no worse than many other nations in the world, yet we don't allow a "free for all" for immigrants from other nations, e.g. Haiti. Haiti is far worse than Cuba, yet mosst Haitians are deported, while reggaeton-loving, Cuban-ref-scum are allowed in, so that they can ruin South Florida even more. I've got to be honest with you...I am a RACIST towards Cubans. I hate them....to hell with it.
That's awful. I think you hate yourself since a self-declared anchor baby and you hate the fact that Cubans are fair skinned and assimilate easier as white Americans. Are you again, Mexican?
BlueNC

Cary, NC

#15 Sep 8, 2008
Geez, more Cubans!! Why can't they stay home in the land of "milk & honey!"

Ship them back, cause Cuba is going to need to workers to clean up after Ike.

Location hidden

#16 Sep 8, 2008
I HATE CUBANS TOO wrote:
I've got to be honest with you...I am a RACIST towards Cubans. I hate them....to hell with it.
You can't be racist towards a country. Cubans have whites, blacks, etc. You mean you're racist towards white Cubans which is what you have mostly encountered in Miami and they have been racist towards you. You've mentioned this in other blogs. You should learn to love your dark skin. It's OK. I know you said you were born here, but where are your parents from again, Mexican?

Location hidden

#17 Sep 8, 2008
BlueNC wrote:
Do you think Cubans come here because they can't find work in Cuba? Prior to Castro, Cuban immigration to the US was less than 1%. The Cuban peso was equivalent to the American dollar. That's better than many European countries back then. Cuba is not a third world democratic country with a large class of indigenous peasants trying to find migrant work in the US. It's a communist country, with a large population that has European ancestry and now has ties to Russia. Kennedy allowed this communist satellite in the Western hemisphere when he pulled back the aid to Cuban Freedom Fighters during the Bay of Pigs invasion. Cubans come here, assimilate quickly and prosper tremendously.
Cuba is completely communist. It has no free enterprise. Why on earth would they go back to Cuba to find work? It makes absolutely no sense.
Funny gal

Miami, FL

#18 Sep 12, 2008
BlueNC wrote:
I like that!!! Your funny, we need humor here!!!
They'll just use all of the debris as rafts anyways so Miami, expect more drifters here. Miami is a cuban concentration camp.
Mike

Sparks, NV

#19 Sep 18, 2008
Western1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Cubans come here because they can't find work in Cuba? Prior to Castro, Cuban immigration to the US was less than 1%. The Cuban peso was equivalent to the American dollar. That's better than many European countries back then. Cuba is not a third world democratic country with a large class of indigenous peasants trying to find migrant work in the US. It's a communist country, with a large population that has European ancestry and now has ties to Russia. Kennedy allowed this communist satellite in the Western hemisphere when he pulled back the aid to Cuban Freedom Fighters during the Bay of Pigs invasion. Cubans come here, assimilate quickly and prosper tremendously.
Cuba is completely communist. It has no free enterprise. Why on earth would they go back to Cuba to find work? It makes absolutely no sense.
That's right! Kennedy sucked!! In return for the Soviets taking their nukes out of Cuba, Kennedy took our nukes out of Turkey. Too bad we didn't nuke the Nazis and the Soviets in '45 like we did to the Japs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Key-Biscayne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Rainaway Roofing Corp. (May '14) Fri loLaLaw 42
News Miami Beach Luxury Real Estate: Shaq Re-lists S... (Jan '09) Fri Supermans Cape RE 7
News Meet The "Real Housewives Of Miami" (Feb '11) Fri Cape Coral Real E... 10
Marco Rubio - President of the USA - 2016 Thu WE JUST DONT CARE 5
Where the boy at in miami ? Feb 9 FujiRealGood 12
heroin miami (Jun '15) Feb 9 FujiRealGood 57
Miami Area Beach Cruisers - Sikk Bicycles Feb 9 Custom Beach Crui... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Key-Biscayne Mortgages