Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Judged:

I am sorry that you think Kewanee “sucks”. I think the City of Kewanee has a lot of great shops and people and there is potential for a lot a more. The people of Kewanee are wonderful, I see a lot of fundraising going on to help other families and I think the Relay for Life is gaining more and more members. I think the food drive that the post office did was very admirable. Once the produce start coming on, I believe the Farmer’s Market will be hopping. We have a community college close by and wonderful parks for your kids to play at (with improvements on the way). Little by little Kewanee is doing great things to improve the overall image, it just takes time.
I wish I could help you on whatever it is you think it “sucks”, but I am sure you can overcome it and hopefully think differently about the city you live in. There are many activities that go on and I am sure if you attend some of them, you will find that they are fun for grownups as well as your kids. There is plenty of upcoming activities that you might like to participate in, examples are:
Kewanee Library is having a summer reading program, there is a 90-day trial of Rocket Language learning coming up, there is free music and movies on the agenda and the Adult book club, that is just to name a few. Learning a new language can be fun and exciting.
Health Department is having their Health Check clinic Wed., May 16th from 11:00 – 6:00. Maybe a checkup will make you feel better.
There is a downtown fundraiser in the works to help support the animal shelters, maybe you can get involved in that.
I could go on and on. I hope you will get involved in some of these activities, I think you will think differently about this town if you get involved in an activity. Good Luck!
old fart

Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

No answer the one and only me ment he sucks. I saw him suck the chrome off a bumper of a F-150 one time. He realy sucks and does it well
old fart

Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

The one and only me wrote:
Opps You are right nose picker. I Sucks dicks
See told you
Yuck

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Dear answer, STFU.......you belong here with the rest of the morons!
neighbors

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

Judged:

Kewanee has nothing to offer as far as jobs or decent businesses but yet all kinds of losers find thier way to Kewanee from Chicago. Oh yeah..cheap housing at Fairview!
Small Town Girl

Metamora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Kewanee, like ANY other place to live, is what you make of it!! I am sure your life would be no better if you lived somewhere else. You would still be on the computer bitching about it, instead of living it.
Minnie

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Answer wrote:
The people of Kewanee are wonderful,
I could go on and on.
I doubt you could "go on and on"

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

the town needs cleaned up
Small Town Girl

Metamora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

Judged:

Show me a town that doesn't! Our federal government needs cleaned up far worse than Kewanee.And just who is in charge of deciding what or whom needs to be cleaned up? The same people lining their pockets selling us out? We need Good jobs that allow men & women to make a decent wage that is in-line with cost-of-living& allows them to take care of their families,- they used to be a source of pride around here [and everywhere!] until our government sold us up the river to China & we sold ourselves short by buying that crap hook-line & sinker, and now we can't figure out why we are on the bottom of this merky river of debt,drowning in a cesspool of what-ifs... deterioriating value of the dollar & at the mercy of some pretty awful, large-scale schemes... GMO's, War, the federal reserve, bank bail outs, housing market crash, American companies have & are moving overseas because they cannot make it here being taxed to pieces by our government that spends nothing on it's people (cutting off funding to critical programs and education funds to states, social security benefits spent, etc.and siphons our money off to wars we have no business being in, wars that don't benefit anyone but the big corporate masters like Halliburton, Black Water, Monsanto, etc... meanwhile, China is buying up US banks& Chinese companies are doing business here with tax breaks! WHAt is wrong with that picture??? How can they operate with more profit than our own companies in our own country?? They pay the same, I know people that work for Diamond Star & others... it's not the unions but the government rules, subsidies, taxes, tax breaks, etc that are making the difference for these companies. There are no more "states" independent of the federal government, they have made sure of that by attaching all of their rules to the various programs they designed to get us hooked on... Kewanee is NOT the PROBLEM!! The SAME epidemics are echoing all across out Country... Get off of the computer, quit whining & bitching about how bad things are and GO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! Be the Change you Want! Champions Train, Losers Complain! Be a Champion!GO BIG OR GO HOME! And before you start pointing fingers at anyone or any place, clean-up your own proverbial backyard!:) For goodness sakes, go out to Windmont or Johnsons & enjoy a nice walk in the sunshine around the lake on this gorgeous day. Not every town has places like that!
toucha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2012

old fart wrote:
No answer the one and only me ment he sucks. I can suck the chrome off a bumper of a F-150 on time. I realy suck and do it well as well as being a dumbass.
what!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Small Town Girl wrote:
Show me a town that doesn't! Our federal government needs cleaned up far worse than Kewanee.And just who is in charge of deciding what or whom needs to be cleaned up? The same people lining their pockets selling us out? We need Good jobs that allow men & women to make a decent wage that is in-line with cost-of-living& allows them to take care of their families,- they used to be a source of pride around here [and everywhere!] until our government sold us up the river to China & we sold ourselves short by buying that crap hook-line & sinker, and now we can't figure out why we are on the bottom of this merky river of debt,drowning in a cesspool of what-ifs... deterioriating value of the dollar & at the mercy of some pretty awful, large-scale schemes... GMO's, War, the federal reserve, bank bail outs, housing market crash, American companies have & are moving overseas because they cannot make it here being taxed to pieces by our government that spends nothing on it's people (cutting off funding to critical programs and education funds to states, social security benefits spent, etc.and siphons our money off to wars we have no business being in, wars that don't benefit anyone but the big corporate masters like Halliburton, Black Water, Monsanto, etc... meanwhile, China is buying up US banks& Chinese companies are doing business here with tax breaks! WHAt is wrong with that picture??? How can they operate with more profit than our own companies in our own country?? They pay the same, I know people that work for Diamond Star & others... it's not the unions but the government rules, subsidies, taxes, tax breaks, etc that are making the difference for these companies. There are no more "states" independent of the federal government, they have made sure of that by attaching all of their rules to the various programs they designed to get us hooked on... Kewanee is NOT the PROBLEM!! The SAME epidemics are echoing all across out Country... Get off of the computer, quit whining & bitching about how bad things are and GO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! Be the Change you Want! Champions Train, Losers Complain! Be a Champion!GO BIG OR GO HOME! And before you start pointing fingers at anyone or any place, clean-up your own proverbial backyard!:) For goodness sakes, go out to Windmont or Johnsons & enjoy a nice walk in the sunshine around the lake on this gorgeous day. Not every town has places like that!
You really need to put down the glass pipe and walk away from topix..k? Your post makes no sense at all.. Do you go in the small white bus to put nuts and bolts together? Are you a drooler like most others that go there??????????
Small Town Girl

Metamora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Hahaha! Wow, hit a nerve, huh? I am only responsible for what I say- not for what you understand.(or don't understand) Get out there & educate yourself,fool- you need it!!!
udum

Neponset, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

Judged:

Small Town Girl wrote:
Hahaha! Wow, hit a nerve, huh? I am only responsible for what I say- not for what you understand.(or don't understand) Get out there & educate yourself,fool- you need it!!!
u really should stop living off the state i myslef dont get why u people that live off the state are allowed to have internet
Small Town Girl

Metamora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

WTH r u people talking about? I don't live off the state?! I have a great job, family, friends & own my house & car, you idiots! What a bunch of dramanators! You people are messed- up!
Small Town Girl

Metamora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2012

I PAY for my internet & everything else that I have, oh clueless one! I have never in my life received a dime of money from the government!! I understand you clueless people's inclination to shoot down anything you DO NOT GRASP and obviously do not understand.. and I am not going to argue with IDIOTS... you will beat me with experience!!! Have a great day & do your best not to piss on the Roses :) Some of you ppl could make a gossip column out of a phone book! CLUELESS.
Kewanee girl

Neponset, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

Judged:

yes it is a fact that Kewanee sucks! most people in this town have nothing better to do than talk shit on other people when they really should clean their own back porches first so there for to Small town girl I'd ignore all the retarded people that say stupid shit that live in Kewanee when half the people in Kewanee probably live off the state. the sad thing bout it is there are people that really need it and most get it when they dont need it at all I would call that a loser! I think its great that you got a good job and arent living off the state so ignore udum cause they cant even spell dumb is spelled Dumb. just ignore udum there are good people in Kewanee just sad to say that alot are rud and have nothing better to do then talk bout other people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Kewanee Forum right now

Search the Kewanee Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 7 hr KrisChristie 1,855
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 8 hr Terry rigsby 48,839
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr nuguyntwn 3,826
does anyoneow who the dispachers are at the pol... 13 hr This_n_That 2
preferred healthcare 17 hr in the know 5
new waste disposal business needed Mon Dumpster 5
walmart and telecheck (Jul '13) Sun smdh 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kewanee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••