concerned mom

United States

#1 Aug 7, 2012
There have been at least 5 deaths that I recall in the last 9 months due to our kids not wearing seatbelts. Front seat or back seat we need to drill it in their heads to wear them. I challenge KPD to do more seat belt checks and ticket them. There are 5 heartbroken mothers out there who would have gladly paid a ticket over a funeral. Parents can do their part too. Dont drive without all passengers belted. Set the example and hope they follow.
say what

United States

#2 Aug 7, 2012
I would challenge yourself as a parent to teach your children to always wear a seatbelt and other responsibilities.
concerned mom

United States

#3 Aug 7, 2012
Oh, I do. But I can't be with them when they walk out that door. An extra set of eyes would be great!
Steve

Kewanee, IL

#4 Aug 7, 2012
I just read the Star Courier story about a girl outside of Galva being ejected from her car and died. I was going to start a "Who actually wears a seatbelt?" topic. Sorry if I seem like I'm stealing your idea, but it would be an interesting topic....until someone starts posting stupid sh*t.
agreed

United States

#5 Aug 7, 2012
My cousin was in a severe car accident, she's very lucky to be alive today. After that I've always wore a seatbelt and encourage my children. I make them think its cool because i wear one lol. Their only 2 & 4 so i make it fun for them. I wish more people, especially young ones would wear they seat belt.
hmmmm

Kewanee, IL

#6 Aug 7, 2012
Wear your damnn seat belt
DCC

Kewanee, IL

#7 Aug 7, 2012
I just got a seatbelt ticket not too long ago, and I'm 16, so yes, they are on the lookout. But..it was a state cop, not a kewanee cop.
Too Funny

Princeton, IL

#8 Aug 7, 2012
What does the Kewanee Park District have to do with kids not wearing their seatbelts?
agreed

United States

#9 Aug 8, 2012
Too Funny wrote:
What does the Kewanee Park District have to do with kids not wearing their seatbelts?
Not Kewanee Park District, but Kewanee Police Department.. you must not be a kewanee resident, everyone refers to the police as KPD.
yep

Kewanee, IL

#10 Aug 8, 2012
people should always wear a seatbelt before this year they talked about people drinking and driving now this year they are cracking down on texting and driving no text is worth loosing your life over just like a few drinks isnt worth loosing your life over also
Really Now

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2012
Don't the police have better things they should be doing?....I could go on and on and rant about this unbelievable post but not now.
TOAD

Princeton, IL

#12 Sep 29, 2012
Just wondering, is one of the cops car not running, why on earth would 2 cops ride together. This is our tax payers money. If you don't need them get rid of them. I want my town patrolled.
skanklvr

Cambridge, IL

#13 Sep 29, 2012
TOAD wrote:
Just wondering, is one of the cops car not running, why on earth would 2 cops ride together. This is our tax payers money. If you don't need them get rid of them. I want my town patrolled.
doubt if any of that "taxpayer money" came from you.
greg m

Kewanee, IL

#14 Oct 1, 2012
concerned mom wrote:
Oh, I do. But I can't be with them when they walk out that door. An extra set of eyes would be great!
Those deaths were outside of Kewanee. The girl that died from galva was doing 99mph and 3 times the limit on alcohol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kewanee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr D-U-H 49,897
still seeking Susan 9 hr oldcrazy 18
Kewanee Police 10 hr Phantom 7
Cops At Walmart 10 hr Phantom 6
School consolidation 17 hr Tequila Mockingbird 18
Wethersfield Schools and Favortism 18 hr LOL 13
shoe sensation 19 hr Yes 2
•••
•••
Kewanee Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••