Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

Letís have a talk about the best tenderloin in town. I think that I've tried them all and have my favorite. Maybe someone knows about a sandwich someplace that I have missed. I'm open to trying someplace new and hope to hear about something I can go try out. Maybe there are some folks out there who would like to know where the best tenderloin sandwiches can be found. Myself, I like the old fashioned style tenderloin that is hand pounded from a solid piece of pork loin and not the ground and pressed sandwich or one that has been run through a machine. I also like a traditional sandwich that has some corn flour in the batter. Like what we used to get at the old maid rite in town. The best tenderloin that I've ever had was at Uncle Joes place on Tremont street near the railroad tracks. I was in there for breakfast today and they were hand pounding the tenderloins for the day. They pound them out fresh every day in there and when they are gone you are out of luck. At Uncle Joes itís all about the great pork taste from very fresh meat and the tenderness that you get from hand pounding them that counts and not some big paper thin dry thing. They cook them perfectly and never dry them out or have that old freezer burn taste that you get at some of the other places who have them made at some out of town supplier. Next time you order one at those other places ask if you think I'm kidding. If you haven't been to Uncle Joe's you ought to give them a try. I think that you will be surprised with that sandwich and how fast the service is there. BTW they have great chili too. They are only open for breakfast and lunch and worth your time.
warm milk

Chillicothe, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

Judged:

i couldnt agree more. they have excellent cheeseburgers as well
bearlover

Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2011

I totally agree--all the food there is great but especially the tenderloins----best I have ever had--breakfast is good there also.and the coffee--so much better then any fast food dive.
Kim

Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

I also agree,they have great food
Lincoln

Dekalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

i have had some tenderloins from many places in kewanee such as Uncle joe's, Casey, Butlers, pioneer, and Mr T's. I gotta say that Mr T's makes the best tenderloins in town.
meatluvr

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2012

its a toss up between Mr, T and Uncle Joe but I have to side with Mr. T
Todd

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Judged:

For being fast food and processed pork, dairy queen has a pretty tastey tenderloin
Farmer

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Judged:

Your mom has some tender loins!
Hungryman

La Salle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2012

Thanks for the input! I eat at Uncle Joe's every now and then but always get the cheese burger. I have NEVER had a bad bite of food there! Im going to try the tenderloin next time. IN fact I'm looking forward to it!
Answer

Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

I don't know, but I think Mr. T's had the best in town.
Will

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

Did not know about Uncle Joes. I usually just get the cheeseburger.
Joe Standard

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Old Fart wrote:
<quoted text>
Tried Uncle Joe's tenderloin...... Decent size piece of real meat, cooked as should be, chili was unremarkable, the great part was the small town service. Something missing in most places anymore. They make you feel welcome and seem to appreciate the fact that you can eat anywhere but chose to stop in there. 3 spoons up!
Uncle Joes also has killer spagetti, made from a recipe thats been passed down from generation to generation. They also have killer rootbeer, that is actually made scratch.....
have a brain

Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Uncle Joes has soda pop from a can and no made from scratch rootbeer. They don't have pasta either.
coffeelover

Waterman, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

didn't know uncle joes had pasta--have been there often and don't ever see it--or rootbeer--they just have can soda. if u can get the blonde girl to wait on you it's good--the dark haired on is a witch sometimes--kinda snotty and abrupt--blonde one is really nice.cook is a nice guy to. I've been to mr t's a lot of times--never open--what's his story??????????
tip well

Dekalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2012

Judged:

they in fact do not have pasta nor do they have rootbeer. joe standard is either confused, or retarded.
In The Know

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

tip well wrote:
they in fact do not have pasta nor do they have rootbeer. joe standard is either confused, or retarded.
Yes they do !!! Its not on the menu yet, you have to ask for it !!
coffeelover

Waterman, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2012

ate there today--food was good as usual
Will

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2012

Caseys blows. Dairy Queens is pretty decent. I think the worst one ever was Mr. Ks that was so thin you could see through it. Then he put crappy cheese, peppers and onions on it.
Loin Man

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Has anyone tried Country Fried Chickens Tenderloin ???? If so, how was it ?
omg

Kewanee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Wing-n-Things has an Amazing Tenderloin

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Kewanee Forum right now

Search the Kewanee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr truth 48,894
preferred healthcare 8 hr miss interial 8
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 12 hr AnyCommieWillDoCantBWorse 3,829
expired foods 13 hr saving grace 9
White 4 door car 13 hr your mom 2
does anyoneow who the dispachers are at the pol... 13 hr class of 87 3
murphy's laundering money through the humane so... (Dec '13) 15 hr saving grace 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kewanee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kewanee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••