Great Dane = Great Loss

Posted in the Kewanee Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mick

United States

#1 Jan 13, 2013
We are losing Great Dane. Mark my words, the plant will be locked up on Monday, February 4th and will NOT reopen. There is a new plant outside Renosa Mexico that is about to go online and the new employees are getting trained now.

Don't believe me? Go down to McAllen Texas and check it out just over the border. It's a HUGE new plant that says Great Dane all over it. The Kewanee Plant closing is a secret to prevent you workers from stealing from or sabotaging the company or the trailers you make. I talked to a white guy at the Mexico plant and he said they are combining a Indiana and an Illinois plant and moving those operations to Mexico.

Look for signs of the closing and report them here. For example, dwindling work, sudden firings for little/no reason, signing any type of "covenant" to get your check, company property getting packed up, chains stationed by the doors, etc...
laughable

Princeton, IL

#2 Jan 13, 2013
and yet ANOTHER thread about GD closing. scroll down and youll find many throughout the last few years. And yet they are still open!
PinezRat

United States

#3 Jan 13, 2013
The HR made us sing a papor saying we aint gonna talk bad about GD to get out pay. I also seen stuff getting packed up like the thrEe new welders they had for like a week. They gone now. Wanna bet there in Mexico.
yep

Cambridge, IL

#4 Jan 13, 2013
Well if they do move. It will be the worst thing they ever did.
Have you checked that area out?
Looked up some of the stats for the area.
The sell more bullet proof vest than any where else. Not good.
3 major plants close in the area over the last 2.5 yrs. Whats up with that

Lastly I don't think they will close, but you never know. This is kewanee illinois you know.

just saying
yep

Cambridge, IL

#5 Jan 13, 2013
thats 2.5 yrs. can't hardly see the dot.
Matt Leland

United States

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Chuck has been itchin to fire ppl. They don't gotta pay unemployment if ppl git fired. That's why there's camras now.
Guess

Kewanee, IL

#7 Jan 14, 2013
Have you people ever heard of a thing called the Warren Act? The Warren Act is a Federal Law that states if any company Lays off 50% or more of their workforce they have to give 90 days notice. If they plan on closing the doors they have to give employees 180 days notice. If they don't do those things they have to give every employee who losses their jobs the equal amount of pay. So If Great Dane closes their Kewanee Plant and moves to mexico on Feb. 4th like you say. Then they will have to give every employee 6 months of pay. Now do you really see that happening? I don't.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Guess wrote:
Have you people ever heard of a thing called the Warren Act? The Warren Act is a Federal Law that states if any company Lays off 50% or more of their workforce they have to give 90 days notice. If they plan on closing the doors they have to give employees 180 days notice. If they don't do those things they have to give every employee who losses their jobs the equal amount of pay. So If Great Dane closes their Kewanee Plant and moves to mexico on Feb. 4th like you say. Then they will have to give every employee 6 months of pay. Now do you really see that happening? I don't.
Actually it called the W.A.R.N (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification) Act.And it's 60 days notice. Not 90 or 180.
Simon Says

United States

#9 Jan 15, 2013
I heard bout GD plant in Mexico south of the border today from a reliable source. They can pay $1 en hour in mexico an not have to pay benefits. GD only cares about money and profits for fatcats and not bout us workers.

Nice knowing yall but it looks like we gonna need new jobs
BuzzCut

Princeton, IL

#10 Jan 16, 2013
Hey dumbass Mick, aren't you the same moron that said the World was going to end this past December? See how we'll that worked out.
yep

Cambridge, IL

#11 Jan 16, 2013
not happening
durka

Saint Peters, MO

#12 Jan 16, 2013
Your king is making it too expensive and more unprofitable to run a business and manufacture in this country. Elections have consequences.
Done it

Princeton, IL

#13 Jan 17, 2013
Matt Leland wrote:
Chuck has been itchin to fire ppl. They don't gotta pay unemployment if ppl git fired. That's why there's camras now.
Illinois pays out unemployment benefits to people that were fired OR people that quit for good reason. You definitely CAN quit a job in Illinois if you have a good reason and still collect unemployment benefits.
Who is that

Princeton, IL

#14 Jan 17, 2013
Citizen Cain wrote:
<quoted text>Actually it called the W.A.R.N (Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification) Act.And it's 60 days notice. Not 90 or 180.
They might have sent a letter to the city letting them know and not telling employees like Bomag did when they laid off more tan half their employees, they only have to inforn the city not employees
durka

Saint Peters, MO

#15 Jan 17, 2013
Who is that wrote:
<quoted text>
They might have sent a letter to the city letting them know and not telling employees like Bomag did when they laid off more tan half their employees, they only have to inforn the city not employees
It's a Federal reporting to BLS I believe, no letting city know. The city has nothing to do with this. It is a safeguard in place for employees depending on how many they layoff if a mass situation. Tier based on numbers, not percentage of employees I believe.
Simon Says

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2013
Done it wrote:
<quoted text>
Illinois pays out unemployment benefits to people that were fired OR people that quit for good reason. You definitely CAN quit a job in Illinois if you have a good reason and still collect unemployment benefits.
Wrong DUMBASS! Employers pay into the state unemployment insurance fund. If you get fired for cause then you don't get benefits and the employers insurance premiums are not hiked up by the state. I imagine you're one of those people who gets a lot of state benefits and who just thinks it's free money! Guess what DUMBASS someone has to pay for it!
durka

Saint Peters, MO

#17 Jan 18, 2013
Simon Says wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong DUMBASS! Employers pay into the state unemployment insurance fund. If you get fired for cause then you don't get benefits and the employers insurance premiums are not hiked up by the state. I imagine you're one of those people who gets a lot of state benefits and who just thinks it's free money! Guess what DUMBASS someone has to pay for it!
That's funny, I wasn't talking about UEI. I was talking about W.A.R.N......Hey DUMBAZZ, maybe business ownership and entrepreneurship is how I got my knowledge? You are a half cocked, drunk fool.....It's obvious. Now go back to your trailer line and start hammering rivets.
Rocky George

Kewanee, IL

#18 Jan 18, 2013
durka wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a Federal reporting to BLS I believe, no letting city know. The city has nothing to do with this. It is a safeguard in place for employees depending on how many they layoff if a mass situation. Tier based on numbers, not percentage of employees I believe.
They have to report to Black Label Society? What do they think Zakk Wylde is gonna do for them except Rock Their Ass!!!
right on

Princeton, IL

#19 Jan 18, 2013
You people really need to put down the pipes for a change and step into reality..why would GD leave a town where they control what companies come in?????? Another thing is illinois not a right tomwork state? Thus an employer don't need a reason to terminate you???
right on

Princeton, IL

#20 Jan 18, 2013
*right. To work

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kewanee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sexy wife 8 hr confused husband 1
Aldis checkout line 11 hr Kewanee shopper 1
Sinbad Vapors 18 hr Kate Is Broke 2
Kewanee banning Pittbulls Wed Again 6
Old grill and chill (Jul '14) Wed Inn Sest 14
shoe sensation Wed Kate Is Broke 6
WOW COMMITTEE RAISES $7,100 so far Jan 26 yep 27
Kewanee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kewanee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:35 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:35PM
Who Benefits Most from Hiring of Gase?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet