Hundreds of marijuana plants seized i...

Hundreds of marijuana plants seized in Kewanee

Posted in the Kewanee Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
disU

Peoria, IL

#1 Sep 1, 2012
KEWANEE

Hundreds of marijuana plants and several ounces of the drug were seized and a Kewanee man was arrested during a raid at two homes Thursday.

Thomas D. Schaefer, 43, is being held at the Henry County Jail on a preliminary charge of unlawful production of more than 200 marijuana plants, according to a news release. Police said they seized 500 marijuana plants, 12 ounces of marijuana and the equipment used to produce the drug.

The Kewanee Police Department Street Crimes Unit and Black Hawk Area Task force raided a home in the 400 block of Dewey Avenue and one in the 300 block of East Central Boulevard.

In one of the homes, officers found a trap door that led to an underground grow operation, according to the release.
Hmmmm

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2012
disU wrote:
KEWANEE
Hundreds of marijuana plants and several ounces of the drug were seized and a Kewanee man was arrested during a raid at two homes Thursday.
Thomas D. Schaefer, 43, is being held at the Henry County Jail on a preliminary charge of unlawful production of more than 200 marijuana plants, according to a news release. Police said they seized 500 marijuana plants, 12 ounces of marijuana and the equipment used to produce the drug.
The Kewanee Police Department Street Crimes Unit anpod Black Hawk Area Task force raided a home in the 400 block of Dewey Avenue and one in the 300 block of East Central Boulevard.
In one of the homes, officers found a trap door that led to an underground grow operation, according to the release.
Maybe that planting system that he was trying to patent and tried to sell at the farmers market was a big hint he was growing sh*t in his basement. Some of the PVC piping is on his front porch!
Idc

Kewanee, IL

#4 Sep 1, 2012
Bout time they clean up that crap
zest works best

Kewanee, IL

#5 Sep 1, 2012
this guy has been a looser all his life.
wow

Geneseo, IL

#6 Sep 2, 2012
tom has always been a great guy so what it was pot big deal i know if it would of been crack or heroin all of kewanee would be in a frenzy wondering where to get there next fix
oops

Morocco, IN

#7 Sep 2, 2012
Glad to see some arrests are being made. Kewanee is a drug 1aden dump.
wow

Geneseo, IL

#8 Sep 2, 2012
your glad to see a pot bust meanwhile you have crack houses all over kewanee and nobody worries about them how stupid
timetotalk

Kewanee, IL

#9 Sep 2, 2012
wow wrote:
your glad to see a pot bust meanwhile you have crack houses all over kewanee and nobody worries about them how stupid
if you know so much why don't you tell someone instead of running your stupid mouth. ANYONE who has kids and knows about this stuff should speak up or give your kids to someone who cares enough to look out for them.
wow

Geneseo, IL

#10 Sep 2, 2012
it is so obvious that those hard drugs are the problem in kewanee not pot just look around i am just saying and i dont do any of them drugs but like i said look around the town dont have a pot problem it has a crack heroin and meth problem
Anonymous

United States

#11 Sep 2, 2012
One drug leads to another,to another,and a couple of houses down from a school zone,good job KPD street crimes unit./ yes it's only pot,but it could of been your kid buying pot from him.that would be nice.
Now let's get some of those crack and heroin houses,pot was all we had to worry about,when I was a kid,let's clean all this shit up,if not for ourselves ,for our kids.and btw it's not his first drug charge,and it runs in the family.
BHCO

United States

#12 Sep 2, 2012
God listen to u ppl. Its fucking marijuana. Who gives a shit. The kpd didnt clean anything up. Whoo hoo u got that devils lettuce off the street. Man they prevented so many overdoses by gettin this big time criminal off the streets.NOT. all they did was arrrest one crusty dude that grows dirt weed.congrats thanks for makin the street bettet for my kids.fucking idiots
kewanite

United States

#13 Sep 2, 2012
BHCO wrote:
God listen to u ppl. Its fucking marijuana. Who gives a shit. The kpd didnt clean anything up. Whoo hoo u got that devils lettuce off the street. Man they prevented so many overdoses by gettin this big time criminal off the streets.NOT. all they did was arrrest one crusty dude that grows dirt weed.congrats thanks for makin the street bettet for my kids.fucking idiots
smokin a little too much devils lettuce moron!! Just the thought of you having kids made me vomit..... Thank god for the blue pill huh!
say what

United States

#14 Sep 2, 2012
I just searched the internet for this but got tired of cutting and pasting. Also mark jennning, weir, cone, Jackie johnson and six guys from Chicago that were in kewanee have all been arrested recently for harder drugs so I guess they will go after anyone for any drug.

Kewanee men charged in heroin conspiracy

Posted on 2012-05-25 00:16:00 from Quad-Cities Online

READ FULL ARTICLE AT QUAD-CITIES ONLINE National News

Click here for More Updates Video Updates Leave Comments

CAMBRIDGE -- Felony drug charges have been filed against Brandon Padilla, 33, and Justin Padilla, 36, both of Kewanee. Charges include Class 1 felony criminal drug conspiracy, Class 1 felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance containing heroin

http://m.qctimes.com/mobile-touch-2/...

Two men have been charged in Henry County Circuit Court with criminal drug conspiracy to sell cocaine.

John Ensley, 51, of Kewanee, and Qubid Coleman, 27, of Chicago, were charged Tuesday with Class 2 felony criminal drug conspiracy, Class 2 felony delivery of a controlled substance, less than one gram of cocaine, and Class 4 felony possession of a controlled substance.

In addition, Mr. Ensley was charged with Class 4 felony permitting the unlawful use of a building at 509 E. 8th St., in Kewanee, and Class A misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, a crack pipe.

Both were in jail Tuesday afternoon on $250,000 bond, with preliminary hearings set for July 23.
who cares

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#15 Sep 2, 2012
what they should do is make pot legal and outlaw alcohol that would also solve alot of thr trouble in kewanee
Brandon

United States

#16 Sep 2, 2012
who cares wrote:
what they should do is make pot legal and outlaw alcohol that would also solve alot of thr trouble in kewanee
that is the smartest comment I have read on here so far.
Cheech and Chong

Princeton, IL

#17 Sep 2, 2012
wow wrote:
it is so obvious that those hard drugs are the problem in kewanee not pot just look around i am just saying and i dont do any of them drugs but like i said look around the town dont have a pot problem it has a crack heroin and meth problem
YES !!!!!!!!! Leave the pot heads alone... Get the REAL DRUGS off the streets !!!! Pot is the CURE ALL miracle drug. I know lots of old people that use it for glaucoma.. arthritis.. etc..... Its like busting somebody for having aspirin !!!! Get real Kpd !!!!!!
Anonymous

United States

#19 Sep 3, 2012
say what wrote:
I just searched the internet for this but got tired of cutting and pasting. Also mark jennning, weir, cone, Jackie johnson and six guys from Chicago that were in kewanee have all been arrested recently for harder drugs so I guess they will go after anyone for any drug.
Kewanee men charged in heroin conspiracy
Posted on 2012-05-25 00:16:00 from Quad-Cities Online
READ FULL ARTICLE AT QUAD-CITIES ONLINE National News
Click here for More Updates Video Updates Leave Comments
CAMBRIDGE -- Felony drug charges have been filed against Brandon Padilla, 33, and Justin Padilla, 36, both of Kewanee. Charges include Class 1 felony criminal drug conspiracy, Class 1 felony manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance containing heroin
http://m.qctimes.com/mobile-touch-2/...
Two men have been charged in Henry County Circuit Court with criminal drug conspiracy to sell cocaine.
John Ensley, 51, of Kewanee, and Qubid Coleman, 27, of Chicago, were charged Tuesday with Class 2 felony criminal drug conspiracy, Class 2 felony delivery of a controlled substance, less than one gram of cocaine, and Class 4 felony possession of a controlled substance.
In addition, Mr. Ensley was charged with Class 4 felony permitting the unlawful use of a building at 509 E. 8th St., in Kewanee, and Class A misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, a crack pipe.
Both were in jail Tuesday afternoon on $250,000 bond, with preliminary hearings set for July 23.
Kudos to you,you've done your homework,you have to remember,this is kewanee,they aren't very brite,around here.good job pointing out the facts.
Anonymous

United States

#20 Sep 3, 2012
Brandon wrote:
<quoted text> that is the smartest comment I have read on here so far.
Yes I agree
neverhaveIever

United States

#22 Sep 3, 2012
I get so sick of people saying "pot is the gateway drug." I have smoked pot off and on (sometimes on a daily basis, and then months/years without it) for 13 years....never ONCE have I ever considered doing anything BUT pot. I have been around someone, while after smoking a hitter, has said "well....I feel pretty good now, but lets go get some meth to top the night off." Maybe its the people I hang out with, but like I said I have NEVER done/tried anything but pot in all my years.
BCHO

Spring Grove, IL

#23 Sep 3, 2012
and I mean it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kewanee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bring back the bees (Aug '14) Sat Anthony 11
Whatever Apr 27 WOW 2
Unemployment benefits deposit issues. (Jun '14) Apr 26 freynamber 39
News Man wanted for attempted murder in Galva Apr 24 justme 4
walmart and telecheck (Jul '13) Apr 22 China42 71
Kpd is the armpit of henry county Apr 22 Phantom 8
election (Nov '10) Apr 21 hammy 14

Kewanee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance