One killed, two injured in Kewanee ca...

One killed, two injured in Kewanee car crash

There are 138 comments on the KWQC-TV Davenport story from Oct 14, 2012, titled One killed, two injured in Kewanee car crash. In it, KWQC-TV Davenport reports that:

Kewanee Police received a 911 call around one AM Sunday that a vehicle had run off the road and into a yard in the 500 block of East Division Street.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KWQC-TV Davenport.

yelm2

Kewanee, IL

#63 Oct 19, 2012
so by your reply (yelm yelm telm)if you were in a bar and seen people getting slammed knowing they shouldn't be driving you would let them walk out..FRIENDS or NOT.just remember this kind of accident could happen to your family,and when it does(I pray it don't)get ready to be talked about.
enufsaid

Cicero, IL

#64 Oct 19, 2012
madashell

United States

#65 Oct 19, 2012
For the pain some of these men have caused their family. Not all are that great at being a family member choosing booze over those who need to b ur #1. And for those who make excuses for this behavior, well your part of the problem. My heart goes to the families that this behavior has again brought tears n anguish to their lives. May you u somehow find a way to live in peace
freelancer

Secor, IL

#66 Oct 19, 2012
Think it's time for everybody to give it a rest.
Yelm

Princeton, IL

#67 Oct 19, 2012
yelm yelm telm wrote:
<quoted text>
u really gunna put this on patrons at mistys? it's not there responsibility to take the keys from no one. they sure as hell ain't gunna disconnect a battery. these guys are grown men. it's there choice to drive drunk. I'm not there to babysit them.
You morons really love to twist people's words to make yourselves victims don't you? Wow.
R Yelm

Princeton, IL

#68 Oct 19, 2012
madashell wrote:
For the pain some of these men have caused their family. Not all are that great at being a family member choosing booze over those who need to b ur #1. And for those who make excuses for this behavior, well your part of the problem. My heart goes to the families that this behavior has again brought tears n anguish to their lives. May you u somehow find a way to live in peace
Are you a family member of any 3 of these men? If not who are you to say what kind of family member they are to their families? Seriously all of you need to stop talking like your holier than thou!!!! 1 horrible mistake....that now means all 3 of these men chose booze over their families?! You people are ridiculous!!! Who is making excuses for their behavior? None of them should of gotten back in that vehicle. Plain and simple. But do you not think the 2 who are still alive don't realize that?!!! Since when did any of you idiots become God?! Like none of you had made mistakes before? None of you have drank in your life? Or been to a bar? Well why don't you take your judgmental ass up in a bar and tell every single person in there that because they're in a bar drinking then they're choosing booze over everything else?! Seems legit right? I mean it apparently sounds logical in your head doesn't it? Have any of you used drugs and then drove? Taken medication and then drove? Those are also considered driving under the influence as well. So if you'd like to get technical then let's get technical. These men made a mistake...and NOTHING any of you judgmental fucks say is going is going to make this situation better whatsoever. Your opinions and rumors....aren't doing a damn thing to bring peace to the Vancil family is it? No judge,jury,attorney or damn pope is going to make my uncle feel any worse than he already does! He's sentenced to life. A lifetime of guilt. He doesn't need any of you telling him what he did wrong. So until any of you can judge with out ever doing a SINGLE THING WRONG IN YOUR LIFE....then...SHUT THE F**K UP!!!!!!
GoodQuestion

Herndon, VA

#69 Oct 19, 2012
madashell wrote:
Agree 100%. What pisses me off is some of the attitudes expressed on here by their friends annd family towards not only repeated heavy drinking, but drinking and driving. What if a hybrid with a mom behind the wheel and her 3-month old baby in the back were turning left onto East from Division? Is the picture getting any more clear? THEY, and I mean all 3 of those sauceketeers, COULD HAVE KILLED ANY OF US!!! THANK GOD THAT THIS TIME NO INNOCENT LIVES WERE LOST! SO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYONE HEAP ANY PRAISE ON ANY OF THOSE 3 DOUCHEBAGS! THEY DIDN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR OWN FAMILIES LET ALONE ANYONE ELSE OUT ON THE ROAD THAT NIGHT! ALL THE CARED ABOUT WAS GETTING DRUNK WITH THEIR BUDDIES! THE EVIDENCE IS THAT THEY WORKED JUST TO FEED THEIR ADDICTION, NOT THINKING OF BEING REAL MEN, OF BEING REAL FATHERS BY TAKING CARE OF THEIR FAMILIES! SCREW THEM! I HOPE VANCIL ROTS IN HELL WHERE HE BELONGS AND IS JOINED SOON BY HIS BUDDIES FOR THE MESS THAT THEY DECIDED TO LEAVE THEIR FAMILIES IN AND THE TAB US TAXPAYERS WILL NOW HAVE TO PICK UP!
For anyone who feels sorry for any of those 3, I say this: you and your attiitudes are why people look down on Kewanee. You can join Gary, too.

The children are the only victims here.
Yelm

Princeton, IL

#70 Oct 19, 2012
GoodQuestion wrote:
<quoted text>Agree 100%. What pisses me off is some of the attitudes expressed on here by their friends annd family towards not only repeated heavy drinking, but drinking and driving. What if a hybrid with a mom behind the wheel and her 3-month old baby in the back were turning left onto East from Division? Is the picture getting any more clear? THEY, and I mean all 3 of those sauceketeers, COULD HAVE KILLED ANY OF US!!! THANK GOD THAT THIS TIME NO INNOCENT LIVES WERE LOST! SO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYONE HEAP ANY PRAISE ON ANY OF THOSE 3 DOUCHEBAGS! THEY DIDN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR OWN FAMILIES LET ALONE ANYONE ELSE OUT ON THE ROAD THAT NIGHT! ALL THE CARED ABOUT WAS GETTING DRUNK WITH THEIR BUDDIES! THE EVIDENCE IS THAT THEY WORKED JUST TO FEED THEIR ADDICTION, NOT THINKING OF BEING REAL MEN, OF BEING REAL FATHERS BY TAKING CARE OF THEIR FAMILIES! SCREW THEM! I HOPE VANCIL ROTS IN HELL WHERE HE BELONGS AND IS JOINED SOON BY HIS BUDDIES FOR THE MESS THAT THEY DECIDED TO LEAVE THEIR FAMILIES IN AND THE TAB US TAXPAYERS WILL NOW HAVE TO PICK UP!
For anyone who feels sorry for any of those 3, I say this: you and your attiitudes are why people look down on Kewanee. You can join Gary, too.
At 1 am? What the hell would a mother be out at 1 am with a 3month old baby for? Had this happened during normal hours before 9 pm...10pm even that would be a valid argument. But you're stretching a bit for for a solid defense ground. Smh what a low thing to do to disrespect the dead...no matter how they died. The children are the victims? So why speak ill of the father of 2 girls..whom you agree are victims? Do you think those 2 girls would appreciate that? do you think they'd agree their father should rot in hell? I highly doubt it. If you don't want to hear any heap or praise for these 3 then why don't you stay off topix? Or even better if none of these 3 men are related to you or friends of yours....then move about your business. You don't think any of these 3 men are tax payers? Your argument is pathetic. So again if you don't want to hear anything about it....stop talking about it. It's truly that simple.
Yelm

Princeton, IL

#71 Oct 19, 2012
Oh wait I get it...instead of us saying it's wrong of them to even get back in the vehicle after drinking and attempting to drive...we should bash them as much as possible and drown them in "what ifs"? That's what you think would make them pay? That's what you think would get them or any of their family or friends to "see the clearer picture"? That's what you think would be appropriate? That's what would make this situation any better than what it is now? So enlighten us...how far has your bashing or wishing hell on the dead gotten you? Seems to be your answer for it all...so please enlighten us.
what a waste

Geneseo, IL

#72 Oct 19, 2012
Yelm wrote:
Oh wait I get it...instead of us saying it's wrong of them to even get back in the vehicle after drinking and attempting to drive...we should bash them as much as possible and drown them in "what ifs"? That's what you think would make them pay? That's what you think would get them or any of their family or friends to "see the clearer picture"? That's what you think would be appropriate? That's what would make this situation any better than what it is now? So enlighten us...how far has your bashing or wishing hell on the dead gotten you? Seems to be your answer for it all...so please enlighten us.
Hun, dont encourage that forest gump idiot to spew any more stupid out of his brain.....STUPID IS AS STUPID TYPES!
stupid

United States

#74 Oct 19, 2012
GoodQuestion wrote:
<quoted text>Agree 100%. What pisses me off is some of the attitudes expressed on here by their friends annd family towards not only repeated heavy drinking, but drinking and driving. What if a hybrid with a mom behind the wheel and her 3-month old baby in the back were turning left onto East from Division? Is the picture getting any more clear? THEY, and I mean all 3 of those sauceketeers, COULD HAVE KILLED ANY OF US!!! THANK GOD THAT THIS TIME NO INNOCENT LIVES WERE LOST! SO I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYONE HEAP ANY PRAISE ON ANY OF THOSE 3 DOUCHEBAGS! THEY DIDN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THEIR OWN FAMILIES LET ALONE ANYONE ELSE OUT ON THE ROAD THAT NIGHT! ALL THE CARED ABOUT WAS GETTING DRUNK WITH THEIR BUDDIES! THE EVIDENCE IS THAT THEY WORKED JUST TO FEED THEIR ADDICTION, NOT THINKING OF BEING REAL MEN, OF BEING REAL FATHERS BY TAKING CARE OF THEIR FAMILIES! SCREW THEM! I HOPE VANCIL ROTS IN HELL WHERE HE BELONGS AND IS JOINED SOON BY HIS BUDDIES FOR THE MESS THAT THEY DECIDED TO LEAVE THEIR FAMILIES IN AND THE TAB US TAXPAYERS WILL NOW HAVE TO PICK UP!
I say you and huah need to get together for some serious butt lovin. With all your combined hatred maybe you will spawn a demon ass baby that eats drunk people.
yes sir

United States

#75 Oct 19, 2012
GoodQuestion wrote:
I agree 100%.
We as taxpayers will be picking up the tab when is all said and done.
As far as a mother with children out at that time of the night.
Have you never heard of people working night shift and wife picking them up?
Or going to get something at wal-mart late at night because you ran out of diapers or formula.
I feel sorry for the kids.
These idiots knew the risk they were taking drinking and driving.
They will now pay that price.
There is no words coming from anyones mouth that will make this right.
Anyone that trys to defend drinking and driving are the biggest idiot of all times.
I don't know any of these people, but have had a family memeber injured in car wreck with drinking.

Bottom line is if you choose to drink and drive.
I hope you kill yourself and not someone else if you have a wreck.
Thats the only good thing to come from this wreck.
No innocent people were hurt.
Just the stupid people that decided to do it.
Yelm

United States

#76 Oct 19, 2012
yes sir wrote:
<quoted text>I agree 100%.
We as taxpayers will be picking up the tab when is all said and done.
As far as a mother with children out at that time of the night.
Have you never heard of people working night shift and wife picking them up?
Or going to get something at wal-mart late at night because you ran out of diapers or formula.
I feel sorry for the kids.
These idiots knew the risk they were taking drinking and driving.
They will now pay that price.
There is no words coming from anyones mouth that will make this right.
Anyone that trys to defend drinking and driving are the biggest idiot of all times.
I don't know any of these people, but have had a family memeber injured in car wreck with drinking.
Bottom line is if you choose to drink and drive.
I hope you kill yourself and not someone else if you have a wreck.
Thats the only good thing to come from this wreck.
No innocent people were hurt.
Just the stupid people that decided to do it.
"there are no words coming from anyones mouth that can make this right"....EXACTLY....so no matter the amount of shit you idgits keep talking....IT'S NOT GOING TO MAKE IT RIGHT. Nobody has defended them for drinking then driving. If you people who keep bashing these 3 weren't so simple minded you would of gotten that by now.....and as far as running out of diapers or formula at 1 am....I'm a mother...so a mother doesn't realize at 1 am she's out of diapers or formula. You people can say whatever you please...but as you said...nothing we say to stand by these 3 will make it right....nothing you idiots say that are bashing them will make it right either. If no innocent lives were lost...then why do you people keep dwelling on this? What's done is done.....let it be. Any consequences to be paid will be paid. Quite amusing how people who aren't involved are trying to pin themselves as a victim in this situation.
Citizen Jane

United States

#77 Oct 19, 2012
Yelm wrote:
<quoted text>"there are no words coming from anyones mouth that can make this right"....EXACTLY....so no matter the amount of shit you idgits keep talking....IT'S NOT GOING TO MAKE IT RIGHT. Nobody has defended them for drinking then driving. If you people who keep bashing these 3 weren't so simple minded you would of gotten that by now.....and as far as running out of diapers or formula at 1 am....I'm a mother...so a mother doesn't realize at 1 am she's out of diapers or formula. You people can say whatever you please...but as you said...nothing we say to stand by these 3 will make it right....nothing you idiots say that are bashing them will make it right either. If no innocent lives were lost...then why do you people keep dwelling on this? What's done is done.....let it be. Any consequences to be paid will be paid. Quite amusing how people who aren't involved are trying to pin themselves as a victim in this situation.
ANYONE could have been hit and killed by that vehicle so it doesn't matter whether it was a mother and child, someone walking their dog, the homeowners or whomever. And I would bet a MILLION dollars (if I had it) that this is not the first time this guy has driven drunk. I'm not bashing anyone here but just pointing out a fact. "1 horrible mistake" sure became the ultimate mistake. There are entire campaigns against drunk driving but no one ever thinks it will happen to them.
Yelm

United States

#78 Oct 19, 2012
What if....could have been....same thing. But there wasnt was there? There was no other motorists or pedestrians were there? So why throw in the what ifs or there could have beens? So there's another fact for ya. So why keep dwelling on this? Why keep trying to add your could have beens or what ifs? Do you not think these men are aware of what happened? Do you not think these men feel guilty and know they made a horrible decision that turned tragic? So why keep trying to add "facts" or theories that aren't relevant to this situation? This situation isn't bad enough? You just think it'd make it better or "clearer" by adding theories to it. It's clear as day to these men. They know what they did. They know where they went wrong. So leave it alone already!!! Especially with these bullshit what ifs or could have beens!!! That's only a pathetic attempt to continue to drag it out. If you're trying to make these men feel worse...it won't work. Nobody can make them feel any worse than what they already do. Yes they have REMORSE. Yes they have A CONSCIENCE. And I can tell you my uncle's conscience is eating him alive!!!! So fuck off with your what ifs and could have beens. This shit is getting way beyond fucking ridiculous.
Steve

Kewanee, IL

#79 Oct 19, 2012
Even if a bartender cuts someone off, does that mean he/her stops drinking? Maybe he/her has a friend that is buying a round or a shot? In a busy bar, a bartender can only do so much. If someone asks for a drink and slurs their words or stumbles over, that's one thing. Cut them off. But some ppl seem sober sitting on a bar stool and talking, but when it comes to doing other things....whoa.
Gomez

Princeton, IL

#80 Oct 19, 2012
I hope Mr. Yelm doesn't mind spending a few years in jail. Because I would bet that's exactly what he'll be doing.
Yelm

United States

#81 Oct 19, 2012
Gomez wrote:
I hope Mr. Yelm doesn't mind spending a few years in jail. Because I would bet that's exactly what he'll be doing.
If that does happen...it still wouldn't be a worse punishment than losing his best friend. Or the guilt he is and will be living with the rest of his life.
Yelm

United States

#82 Oct 19, 2012
Steve wrote:
Even if a bartender cuts someone off, does that mean he/her stops drinking? Maybe he/her has a friend that is buying a round or a shot? In a busy bar, a bartender can only do so much. If someone asks for a drink and slurs their words or stumbles over, that's one thing. Cut them off. But some ppl seem sober sitting on a bar stool and talking, but when it comes to doing other things....whoa.
Seriously I dont know why anyone would try and blame the bartenders or homeowners. Yes a bartender can cut people off...but your point is right. Just because a bartender cuts soneone off doesn't mean they'll quit drinking for the night. And yes some alcohol can sneak up on you as soon as you stand up. But these men aren't blaming the bartenders or the homeowners whatsoever. I know some people have come on here to defend these men...Bless them for doing so...but to defend them by pointing the finger at the homeowners ( I myself was like wtf??) Or the bartenders isnt right or fair. These men know where they went wrong and they arent trying to push the blame off on anyone else. I love my uncle and this situation is tragic but it doesnt make him a bad or horrible person and I dont think any less of him. Thats what any judgemental shrude wants to try and make people to believe. These mens family and friends arent saying them drinking and driving was ok...it wasnt. We know it..they know it. The whole world knows it. Were standing by them because we know theyre good people. We know them!!!! Thats why were standing by them.
Huah

Cambridge, MA

#83 Oct 20, 2012
Yelm wrote:
<quoted text> If that does happen...
20 years. That means 20, not 2. MINIMUM! Not "if," but MUST "happen"!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kewanee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jokers Wild (Oct '14) 8 hr Johnny Hilt 11
Attention idiots worried about me Kevin Kate 8 hr Johnny Hilt 2
Kevin Kate goes to Menards Sat Chewy Boi 74 26
Proof Isis is CIA mossad Fri The more you know 1
Kewanee during the 1950's & 60's (Jul '12) Jun 18 Loner 43
Patty's Barber Shop Jun 18 Short Hair 1
walmart and telecheck (Jul '13) Jun 14 IvvvvvyGraaaace 61
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kewanee Mortgages