Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14086 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe not, but it does tell the story of how we lost work here in Ohio.
Didn't you just get done telling me how many new jobs there are in Ohio?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14087 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps that is why you are always wrong.
You benefit from unions your entire life and then you slander them. What an honorable guy.
I've suffered more from unions than what I ever got out of them.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14088 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
No. They decided to find other jobs.
Not much choice when they close down a company.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14089 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you just get done telling me how many new jobs there are in Ohio?
Yes I did. But I've been doing this for a long time now. I've seen quite a few things in my time.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14090 Nov 21, 2012
titonton duvaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> lol your second hand smoke comment was made without reading what the article was about or what I even referenced from it. I didn't vote because I couldn't see enough of a difference in the two. Everybody said romney was parroting obama. I would say there was a bigger difference between obama in 07 campaign and obama in 2012 campaign, than there was a difference between romney and obama. No? Obama is more like bush
And the neo cons this time around. http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/eye-opening-...
http://www.thenation.com/blog/36756/blackwate...
I hear what you say about the simularities & don't strongly but if we looked forward B4 voting we would realize that Obama may be nominating 1-3 NEW Justices. SCARY to me. Then there is at least 1 more point/difference...Obama divides & creates animosity. Doing that isn't even in Romneys DNA. To me, those are TWO HUGH differences. HUGH
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14091 Nov 21, 2012
UdintBuildThat wrote:
Good to see Duke and Che will be thankful for their massive level of envy for CEO pay tommarow.
I'm thankful that you are not my neighbor.

woof
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14092 Nov 21, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're close, but you've got it a little screwed up.
They don't like the Chinese either.
What they like, is wealth, status, ego, and power.
woof
And China doesn't have wealth?? LOL
WOOOOOF
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14093 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Pop have a pension?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14094 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That company died from years of mismanagement.
I am interested in hearing your theories on how the union destroyed the jobs.
The company died because Union greed was reaching for too much while the company was already in reorganization bankruptcy since Jan 2012.
The Union did create some jobs, basically job redundancy. Seperate loading dock workers to load ONLY snack cakes & others to load ONLY Rainbow bread even IF one or the other was just standing around. Then there's the FACT that snack cakes & bread could NOT be delivered from the same truck by the same driver. This created MORE jobs by basically doubling the delivery fleet.
This M.O. went throughout the entire operation creating inefficient duplication of staffing.
So YES, the union created jobs, AND a job pyramid that fell in on itself financially.
So IF management was 'mismanaging' under those circumstances, I guess you're right.
Another mistake of the union was not realizing the flexibility of a family owned company that is already in reorganization compared to a company that has a hugh slow moving board of directors.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14095 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much choice when they close down a company.
You seem to misunderstand. The company wanted them to work for less money and benefits. So the workers made a decision. They decided not to work under those conditions. Exactly what you advocated.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14096 Nov 21, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you say about the simularities & don't strongly but if we looked forward B4 voting we would realize that Obama may be nominating 1-3 NEW Justices. SCARY to me. Then there is at least 1 more point/difference...Obama divides & creates animosity. Doing that isn't even in Romneys DNA. To me, those are TWO HUGH differences. HUGH
Who is Hugh?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14097 Nov 21, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I hear what you say about the simularities & don't strongly but if we looked forward B4 voting we would realize that Obama may be nominating 1-3 NEW Justices. SCARY to me. Then there is at least 1 more point/difference...Obama divides & creates animosity. Doing that isn't even in Romneys DNA. To me, those are TWO HUGH differences. HUGH
Keeping Obama in office to make nominations of SC justices was one of the primary reasons I voted for him.

As for your opinion that he creates division, I vehemently disagree.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#14098 Nov 21, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>And China doesn't have wealth?? LOL
WOOOOOF
that went right over your head Pops.

woof
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#14099 Nov 21, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you sum up the treatment of hard working Americans and the concern of "job creators" for the worker's safety in these factories before there were unions? Justify the top guys at Hostess giving themselves bonuses for running a failing company. Explain the years when Hostess was union but the company was still making money.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14100 Nov 21, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
The non-Union companies I have worked for go as follows. Rich old man buys company for pocket lint and a whistle, way back when. Old man puts his inept son in charge. We work on Christmas day while the owners and their families give themselves a nice bonus and have dinner together. Inept son has no clue how to run the company, grinds every penny he can from it and then the company goes under. You see it all the time. The person running the show is so damn stupid that anyone could walk off the floor and instantly do a better job. Now if only they were born with the right last name...Those are the facts. Everyone I know has seen this first hand and unions had nothing to do with it. The only reason you guys are anti-union is because some rich old man told you to think that and you did.(Also see climate change)
You're not too far off. Historic & banking stats show that most family owned companies do survive the 3rd generation. There's an further explaination for this but the summary is still true.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14101 Nov 21, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
that went right over your head Pops.
woof
Maybe that is why I am bald! It clipped my hair off. WOOF
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14102 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to misunderstand. The company wanted them to work for less money and benefits. So the workers made a decision. They decided not to work under those conditions. Exactly what you advocated.
No, that's not what I advocated. What I said is that if they don't like the financial changes, leave the company and work somewhere else. That's the problem with unions; you can't just say "leave and find a better job." They won't, and then they go on strike and cause the company to close down anyway.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#14103 Nov 21, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you sum up the treatment of hard working Americans and the concern of "job creators" for the worker's safety in these factories before there were unions? Justify the top guys at Hostess giving themselves bonuses for running a failing company. Explain the years when Hostess was union but the company was still making money.
For starters, CEO's don't have hourly or salary jobs. They have contract jobs. The only way a company can get these CEO's is to meet them on their terms. It's no different than an actress or a baseball player. If a pitcher is getting paid 4 million a year, but gets injured or has a bad year, he still gets the contracted money. Same for a CEO.

Government adopted many if not all of the safety provisions that the unions came up with. So the question is, how long are we indebted to unions because they were the first to come up with the idea many, many years ago?

I can't tell you what went wrong at Hostess that caused them to want to scale back wages or benefits. But I will remind you that we've had a suck economy for over five years now. Hostess products are not cheap. They have been putting on sales such as buy one box of X and get the second box free. I know because again, I purchased their products every week.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#14104 Nov 21, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Hugh?
TYPO ...HUGE
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#14105 Nov 21, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>The company died because Union greed was reaching for too much while the company was already in reorganization bankruptcy since Jan 2012.
The Union did create some jobs, basically job redundancy. Seperate loading dock workers to load ONLY snack cakes & others to load ONLY Rainbow bread even IF one or the other was just standing around. Then there's the FACT that snack cakes & bread could NOT be delivered from the same truck by the same driver. This created MORE jobs by basically doubling the delivery fleet.
This M.O. went throughout the entire operation creating inefficient duplication of staffing.
So YES, the union created jobs, AND a job pyramid that fell in on itself financially.
So IF management was 'mismanaging' under those circumstances, I guess you're right.
Another mistake of the union was not realizing the flexibility of a family owned company that is already in reorganization compared to a company that has a hugh slow moving board of directors.
Who is this Hugh you keep blamming everything on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kettering Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Despite this Hannity Insanity: 8 hr FOVR 5
Diversity Perversity (Apr '11) 13 hr The New Cool Warrior 7
What happens when traffic cameras go away? 13 hr Fan of Leon The Man 3
The Dayton Mall shoe-thief shooter: 15 hr Fan of Leon The Man 12
Don't drive your cars to and from bars! 17 hr Dayton Taxpayer 11
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Bently 19,559
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 23 hr One Voice Many Co... 31,515
Kettering Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Kettering People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Kettering News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Kettering

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:08 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:08PM