Police ID officer & victim in fatal s...

Police ID officer & victim in fatal shooting; No gun found at the scene

There are 47 comments on the WDTN Dayton story from May 6, 2008, titled Police ID officer & victim in fatal shooting; No gun found at the scene. In it, WDTN Dayton reports that:

Dayton police chief Richard Biehl identified the victim of Tuesday's fatal police shooting as 44-year-old Lary Labensky of Kettering.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WDTN Dayton.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jen Lemaster

AOL

#42 May 14, 2008
HELL YEAH nicely put!!!!!!
Dave

United States

#43 May 15, 2008
"Same life-style as my own"

You pegged me. I am typing this from my computer, in the front seat of a stolen car, while smoking crack...
none

Dayton, OH

#44 May 15, 2008
My heart goes out to the Labenskys and I feel for the Smiths. It is a tragedy for everyone that was affected. Let's just move forward.

Peace & Love
darrin

Amelia, OH

#45 May 15, 2008
none wrote:
My heart goes out to the Labenskys and I feel for the Smiths. It is a tragedy for everyone that was affected. Let's just move forward.
Peace & Love
Now thats alot better attitude than calling em a loser wtg great job
Ashley Smith

United States

#46 May 15, 2008
I didnt comment on here to start a fight or lay blame in my original post I just wanted to voice my feelings on the effects to me. The sad part is I know a little more about all this than some of you and I completely agree that he didnt deserve to be shot nor do I feel with the information I have that there was reasonable cause to shoot at that moment. I really hope the truth comes out for the sake of everyone involved. If any of you are close to the family I would like to share with you some facts but please dont belittle my feelings or thoughts, I may not have lost a friend or family member but thats not to say it didnt cost me or my family anything. I hope Lary can RIP and to the family I am sorry for you loss and if I can be of any assistance in heping you understand what happened that night please let me know. Like I said earlier the car was released to my within hours of the event so the police missed a lot that I had to demand they get and process so I may have a few of the missing clues for you.
my email is [email protected] Just write if you have any ?'s. Thanks and God Bless Ashley Mark Dylan Tyler and Madalynn Smith!!!
Long-time Friend of Lary

AOL

#47 May 9, 2011
Lary wasn't a "wonderful" person all the time....nor are any of us. Lary was an addict. It started in junior high school....(Kettering, good schools, good drugs, I mean, community.) It went from marijauna, pills, alcohol to cocaine to crack. His worst enemy was crack-cocaine which lead to some very poor decisions in his life which lead to many years of incarceration which did NOT lead to any kind of rehabilitation....it lead to forming associations with other career criminals, of which, he associated with when he was not incarcerated. Yes, it is supposed to be a parole violation for fraternizing with other convicted felons, however, who is monitoring fraternization? I am not condoning Lary's choices in life. I simply want all to know that, regardless of his poor choices, he was still someone's son, brother, uncle, father and friend. And he is missed by those of us that knew him. All in all, a tragic ending for a tragic life....
none

Cincinnati, OH

#48 May 6, 2014
Just a guy wrote:
"truthfully if I was in the same position I would more than likely do the same thing but not shoot to kill nor shoot 5 times. Actually i would have used my taser because that is what they are for."
To you, all i have to say is prove it. You dont have the balls to go out there and do what they do every single day. And as for your uneducated, ignorant comment about the taser...one major flaw in your theory of "What YOU would have done"... his window was rolled up...those cartridges wont go through glass idiot. He did what he had to do.
Another quote...
"This particular cop is probably still spooked from the last time he got shot and dramatically over-reacted with excessive force.
He should not have been on the police force in any capacity other than a desk job.
Now he needs to be tried, criminally!"
Once again, you dont know what you are talking about. If you knew anything about this particular officer, which i do, you would know that he was shot during the first incident and responded properly. It is not like he is going around looking for people to shoot...im sure while he is working, he draws his gun on people nearly on a daily basis, but he doesnt shoot everyone...he uses his discretion...and very well at that. Labinsky was a serious threat...a threat that needed to be stopped, and he was.
And last but certainly not least...this one takes the idiotic quote of the day...
"Idea
--- cops don't approach from directly behind the car
--- shoot out the tires
--- block the yard with your patrol cars"
All i have to say to this is you watch WAY too much television.
Of the three quotes i pulled from the last 12 hours or so, im not sure which one sounds the dumbest to me, but i assure you, Officer Cornwell is a great officer. I personally am proud to have his serving the city of dayton. If you happen to read this...thank you Officer Chris Cornwell
right, let's thank this murderer, Thanks Cornwell. Why are you no longer an officer???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kettering Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: LKQ Pick Your Part - Dayton 8 hr jblanton 1
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) Thu Kent Grind 40
Today's Leon Harrison Quotation Wed Leon Harrison 29
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 28 Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
7-26-15 Updated sincere form letter Jul 28 The Old Cold Warrior 3
Trump was a draft dodger Jul 28 The Old Cold Warrior 8
Donate to Disadvantaged American Victims! Jul 25 Disadvantaged Victim 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kettering Mortgages