Still No Justice For Murdered Teacher

Still No Justice For Murdered Teacher

Posted in the Kettering Forum

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#1 Sep 6, 2009
On June 12, 1968 Barbara Ann Butler bought a grill and some charcoal from a Ontario store in Kettering. She was found dead the next day nude beneath a blanket in her Volkswagen in the parking lot. She was strangled but was not sexually assaulted. this brutal, senseless crime was never solved. Barbara was 23 years old and taught eighth grade science class at Central Junior High in Fairborn. She was a graduate of Miami University at Oxford. Keith Thompson, of the Kettering Police Department was the lead detective. many people have cashed in on this tragic event. at least one book and one movie was made of the event. after all of these years no justice has been served and no closure for family members. perhaps the animal who was responsible for this brutal attack is dead or living in another country, perhaps he is your neighbor or co-worker. why after all these years and with todays technology has this case not been assigned to a cold case unit ?
Keith Thompson retired from the Kettering Police Department on July 31st 1983 with the rank of LT. COL. someone in the community needs to care about this.
Student

Grafton, OH

#2 Dec 18, 2015
FACTUAL52 wrote:
On June 12, 1968 Barbara Ann Butler bought a grill and some charcoal from a Ontario store in Kettering. She was found dead the next day nude beneath a blanket in her Volkswagen in the parking lot. She was strangled but was not sexually assaulted. this brutal, senseless crime was never solved. Barbara was 23 years old and taught eighth grade science class at Central Junior High in Fairborn. She was a graduate of Miami University at Oxford. Keith Thompson, of the Kettering Police Department was the lead detective. many people have cashed in on this tragic event. at least one book and one movie was made of the event. after all of these years no justice has been served and no closure for family members. perhaps the animal who was responsible for this brutal attack is dead or living in another country, perhaps he is your neighbor or co-worker. why after all these years and with todays technology has this case not been assigned to a cold case unit ?
Keith Thompson retired from the Kettering Police Department on July 31st 1983 with the rank of LT. COL. someone in the community needs to care about this.
I care deeply. I was one of her students. I will never forget her. She was beautiful and very kind. My heart goes out to her family.
BECKYNEWS

Dayton, OH

#3 Mar 8, 2017
FACTUAL52 wrote:
Jimmy Wayne Howard is serving life in prison for the murder of 12 year old Regina Duchknoski that happened 5 months after the Butler murder. Both victims were strangled. He is a suspect in the Butler murders but a decision was made at the time to prosecute him instead in the Duchnowski case.
FACTUAL52

Glendale, AZ

#4 Sep 21, 2017
BECKYNEWS wrote:
<quoted text>

Jimmy Wayne Howard is serving life in prison for the murder of 12 year old Regina Duchknoski that happened 5 months after the Butler murder. Both victims were strangled. He is a suspect in the Butler murders but a decision was made at the time to prosecute him instead in the Duchnowski case.
You are absolutely correct and I apologize for not posting that update. An Un-named police source was kind enough to give me the information that you just posted along with an assurance that the Butler murder is ready and waiting for him in the unlikely event that he should ever be released or paroled he would never make it to the front door before being Re-Arrested and charged with the Butler murder.
Moraine

Middletown, OH

#5 Oct 18, 2017
Their is a lot of miss information in this case.
RollingFields

United States

#6 Oct 30, 2017
I knew J.W. Howard, only from a distance. Was a teenager in the RollingFields neighborhood where he lived. He should have been in jail in 1966/67 time frame for statutory rape. He had a gotten a 14 year old girl pregnant who later became his wife. If maybe he was charged with that statutory rape, maybe He would have been in jail before those murders happened in 1968. How for 48 years he has been locked up. The public can look at his mugshot on the Ohio Department of Corrections, he has aged well. He is now 70 years old.
BLH56

Dayton, OH

#7 Dec 21, 2017
RollingFields wrote:
I knew J.W. Howard, only from a distance. Was a teenager in the RollingFields neighborhood where he lived. He should have been in jail in 1966/67 time frame for statutory rape. He had a gotten a 14 year old girl pregnant who later became his wife. If maybe he was charged with that statutory rape, maybe He would have been in jail before those murders happened in 1968. How for 48 years he has been locked up. The public can look at his mugshot on the Ohio Department of Corrections, he has aged well. He is now 70 years old.
J. W. Howard IS the killer of Barbara Ann Butler.While being questioned about the 12 year olds murder,he gave info that only the killer of the school teacher would know,he kept going back and forth between the two murders,while they were only asking about the 12 year olds case,His Attorney made a deal for a guilty plea,if they only prosecuted him for the 12 year olds murder. Kettering Police are ready to try him if he is released
fogsweptglade

United States

#8 Jan 7, 2018
You‘re simply going to frame an old friend or contact.
In The Know

Louisville, KY

#9 Jan 13, 2018
I remember the book to this day, "The Girl On The Volkswagen Floor". I was early 20's when I read the book and it still comes to my mind to this day. Interesting information in these posts.
Nobody important

Miamisburg, OH

#10 Jan 30, 2018
fogsweptglade wrote:
You‘re simply going to frame an old friend or contact.
Huh??
RollingFields

United States

#11 Feb 1, 2018
Two people know nothing, they said nothing. Fact isJ.W.Howard is still locked up now for 49 years. He is guilty of murder. Two young women are dead because of him at age 19, he killed a 23 year old women & a 12 year old girl.
danishmod19

United States

#12 Jul 27, 2018
RollingFields wrote:
Two people know nothing, they said nothing. Fact isJ.W.Howard is still locked up now for 49 years. He is guilty of murder. Two young women are dead because of him at age 19, he killed a 23 year old women & a 12 year old girl.
I grew up in Kettering. I was only 10 when this happened but my sister was 16. She knew an acquaintance of JW Howard and my sister spoke to him on the phone once when he got on the line and was bugging her to go on a "blind date" with him. Of course, and thank God she didn't, but how creepy to have that connection to a killer. I also remember my mom buying the paperback book as soon as it came out. When she died at 90 in 2015 in Florida, and I was cleaning out her house, I found the book, along with all her other books, including Helter Skelter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kettering Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best phone carrier 14 hr Inquiringwantstoknow 1
News Is It Sinful for Christian Women to Wear Pants ... (Nov '06) Nov 10 Kelah 539
Stacy Burns (May '18) Nov 9 Josh 5
News Ohio's Daniel Best, who led HHS precription dru... Nov 3 d45toledo 1
Nelson Tree Service ownership (Jan '17) Oct 31 Just a tree guy 2
Destiny Mullins Oct 26 Ryan 1
Haunted house. Oct 26 BigMatt01 2

Kettering Jobs

Personal Finance

Kettering Mortgages