Ohio school's lunch recipe honored in...

Ohio school's lunch recipe honored in anti-obesity contest | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 23 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Mar 16, 2011, titled Ohio school's lunch recipe honored in anti-obesity contest | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

An Ohio school's "Chicken Alfredo With a Twist" is one of 15 semifinalists in a school lunch competition sponsored by first lady Michelle Obama's campaign to end childhood obesity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fat bastard

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 16, 2011
thank you ms. obama for saving me from myself
Publius

Columbus, OH

#2 Mar 16, 2011
We've got 17% real unemployment and I'm supposed to get excited about low fat chicken alfredo?!?! Really? They announce this B.S. the same day as his Royal Awesomeness releases his NCAA bracket?!?!?! Is it 2013 yet?
Mrs ObamaRamaDingDon g

Fairborn, OH

#3 Mar 16, 2011
You're welcome.
I know what's best for you and the rest of the Nation.
Me, I'll have another slab of ribs and as you can plainly see, BABY GOT BACK!!!!
Jeff

Columbus, OH

#4 Mar 16, 2011
With the budget Kasuck has whipped up, the school will need that prize money to help keep their doors open.
Not rocket science

Dublin, OH

#5 Mar 16, 2011
It's amazing to me that Americans can't figure this out. Whole grains, fruits and veggies good. Hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup and processed food BAD.
char51

Dayton, OH

#6 Mar 16, 2011
first lets say, get the kids out of the house, to run and play. second, make food tast like it used to, and maybe people will fill satafided. no, tasted means people will keep eating. obama needs to keep her noises out of peoples lives.if she wonts people to eat better, then also we have to afford it. two all so is she going to close down the cookies, potato chips, candy, factors. and how many people will that put out of work. there also goes the cheese,also lets not forget about the meat. we will be grazzing like cows, and horses.
say hey willie

Pickerington, OH

#7 Mar 16, 2011
Mr. Kasich's new budget plan...food will not be offered at school, wgo to school all day without lunch.......this will prepare them for their new minimum wage, no benefits, no represenation jobs in the future
Teach

Dublin, OH

#8 Mar 16, 2011
Looks like char51 could have spent a little more time in school from that catastrophe of a paragraph.

Publius obviously thinks the world stops spinning because news articles don't fit his/her criteria. It would appear that every news article on every site should be about unemployment.
WHAT

United States

#9 Mar 16, 2011
char51 wrote:
first lets say, get the kids out of the house, to run and play. second, make food tast like it used to, and maybe people will fill satafided. no, tasted means people will keep eating. obama needs to keep her noises out of peoples lives.if she wonts people to eat better, then also we have to afford it. two all so is she going to close down the cookies, potato chips, candy, factors. and how many people will that put out of work. there also goes the cheese,also lets not forget about the meat. we will be grazzing like cows, and horses.
I normally don't comment on here but this was painful to read!! I hope Dayton does win this contest b/c they obviously need better teachers to educate their people. My brain is boggled!!
Publius

Columbus, OH

#10 Mar 16, 2011
Teach wrote:
Looks like char51 could have spent a little more time in school from that catastrophe of a paragraph.
Publius obviously thinks the world stops spinning because news articles don't fit his/her criteria. It would appear that every news article on every site should be about unemployment.
Teach: If you really do what your name suggests, why are you blogging on the internet during school hours? Probably because you have extra time on your hands since there aren't at SB5 protests down at the State House.
Publius

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 16, 2011
Teach wrote:
...and another thing. I don't have to read about Unemployment, but I could care less about the Wookie's "healthy school" campaign after seeing her slurping on pork ribs.
Publius

Columbus, OH

#12 Mar 16, 2011
...and it would be nice if his Royal Awesomeness spent as much time dealing with unemployment yesterday as he did filling out his bracket. I suppose I should be relieved he didn't bow to any foreign leaders. There's some progress I suppose....
Dude

Columbus, OH

#13 Mar 16, 2011
I'm sure this pasta isn't going to change the world but if it helps one kid stay less fat, the twist did it's job.

Char51, I have no idea what you're trying to tell me but it's hilarious. Keep up the good work and don't stop not using spell check.
Sicilian Guy

New York, NY

#14 Mar 16, 2011
"Fine, go back to Italy you dump Dego"... Let's just head off that inevitable reply to the following post up front...

This is good news! Americans have embraced a seditary lifestyle and high fat, large portion diet for way too long. For the love of Pete, popular restaurants offer DIABETES-FRIENDLY sectoins to menus these days! Folks, when I return back to Italy or visit other countries abroad, you can always spot the American tourist. He/She is the one that wieghs 300lbs and complains about the food portions! Even here, I DARE you to sit down at an Applebees or Chili's and not encounter the token 250 pounder scarfing down a blossom onion with a vat of Ranch dressing and deep fried fritter batter fried main dish... with 10 large diet coke refills. Oh, and fatty Americana will be sure to complain to the 19yr old waitress, make her cry, want the manager, demand something free, make things weird for EVERYONE in earshot, but only AFTER fatty has devoured his/her ENTIRE meal. Folks, if you're 5'8 / 250lbs, and you're bit c hing a scene about your fries being too cold to the point that you threaten to call corporate, then your priorities are way off.

American in a nutshell... Fat, setitary, diabetic, and needs to worry less about things to be dipped in Ranch dressing and more about his $40K in credit card debt, ARM that is ready to adjust with negative equity in the house, and heart that is pumping at the rate of humming bird!

Ciao, biaaaaaaaaatch!
Skinny Ohio girl

Dublin, OH

#15 Mar 16, 2011
So how do you really feel about it?
Sicilian Guy wrote:
"Fine, go back to Italy you dump Dego"... Let's just head off that inevitable reply to the following post up front...
This is good news! Americans have embraced a seditary lifestyle and high fat, large portion diet for way too long. For the love of Pete, popular restaurants offer DIABETES-FRIENDLY sectoins to menus these days! Folks, when I return back to Italy or visit other countries abroad, you can always spot the American tourist. He/She is the one that wieghs 300lbs and complains about the food portions! Even here, I DARE you to sit down at an Applebees or Chili's and not encounter the token 250 pounder scarfing down a blossom onion with a vat of Ranch dressing and deep fried fritter batter fried main dish... with 10 large diet coke refills. Oh, and fatty Americana will be sure to complain to the 19yr old waitress, make her cry, want the manager, demand something free, make things weird for EVERYONE in earshot, but only AFTER fatty has devoured his/her ENTIRE meal. Folks, if you're 5'8 / 250lbs, and you're bit c hing a scene about your fries being too cold to the point that you threaten to call corporate, then your priorities are way off.
American in a nutshell... Fat, setitary, diabetic, and needs to worry less about things to be dipped in Ranch dressing and more about his $40K in credit card debt, ARM that is ready to adjust with negative equity in the house, and heart that is pumping at the rate of humming bird!
Ciao, biaaaaaaaaatch!
BDD

Chicago, IL

#16 Mar 16, 2011
Pure and simple, too many processed foods are being served in schools, and chain restaurants all across the country.
BDD

Chicago, IL

#17 Mar 16, 2011
Exactly. People are lazy to even cook a simple meal any more. If it doesn't come out of a frozen package, a can, or is pre-made, it makes their heads spin.
Sicilian Guy wrote:
Ciao, biaaaaaaaaatch!
BDD

Chicago, IL

#18 Mar 16, 2011
The messiah was on the golf course - he's been busy.
Publius wrote:
...and it would be nice if his Royal Awesomeness spent as much time dealing with unemployment yesterday as he did filling out his bracket. I suppose I should be relieved he didn't bow to any foreign leaders. There's some progress I suppose....
Jeff

Columbus, OH

#19 Mar 16, 2011
BDD wrote:
Pure and simple, too many processed foods are being served in schools, and chain restaurants all across the country.
And parents could do something about that if they wanted to.
Mrs ObamaRamaDingDon g

Fairborn, OH

#20 Mar 16, 2011
The job of being President is a tough one and Barry needs "down time".

They can't blame this Japan thing on him.

So yes there is a lot happening in the world....but golf relaxes Barry.

It's also great for his ears.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kettering Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Greater Dayton RTA 4 hr DAYTON RTA TO AIR... 3
Review: Allison Ann Miller 4 hr ALLISON ANN MILLER 8
Review: Misty Rachael Doyle 5 hr MISTY RACHAEL DOYLE 3
Jarrod Burton 21 hr Truthful 4
Lonnie Burton 21 hr Truthful 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Fitius T Bluster 21,436
anyone know of any dayton women who posed naked... (Jan '14) Feb 16 Please man 22

Kettering Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kettering Mortgages