SW Ohio Teacher Accused Of Harassing, Bullying Students | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS

A Fairmont High School English teacher is accused of harassing and bullying students, but dozens of other students and colleagues defended him.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Real Life

Lanham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

WKFAN wrote:
<quoted text>
...and people wonder why there is a teacher's union.
In this day and age, it only takes one kid or parent to ruin a teachers'(or anyone in an 'authority' position) life. Withoug some due process or collectively bargained 'rights' of the teacher, this guy could get railroaded out of a career and have his reputation ruined for the rest fo his life.
Sure, there are things that need to change regarding teacher unions...in terms of salary structure, benefits, tenure, etc. However, this is one very timely example why to vote to repeal Senate Bill 5.
Does the article not say students. I believe that means more than 1. I know I have been out of school for some time now, so why do we keep saying student. Once again it would be nice to hear from someone who knows not those who think they know!!!
Stormy

Troy, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Probably a spoiled bratt making accusations to cover up being a slacker & putting blame on the teacher for his bad grades.
Does anyone raise kids to live with honor & decency anymore?
I agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2011

Marcus wrote:
All it takes is one accusation and your life can be ruined - thought about being a Big Brother one time and then I came to my senses! To hell with dat!
I thought about that too. And changed my mind.
Nickels

Piketon, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2011

Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know public schools are free?
The property owners being bled dry would disagree with you. Why don't you say that idiotic statement to someone from Pickerington or Dublin?

""When we have students step forward and tell us things that are not right, then it's our duty to investigate. When we investigate and find some things, it's our job to keep our kids safe and that's our No. 1 priority," said Jim Justice with Kettering Schools."

Im confused I thought your number 1 priority was education of children? I don't even know this teacher or this district, but I almost 100% guarantee this is political. The teacher probably has been around for a long time and does not like the current administration so they make a story up about him harassing students and coworkers to get him fired. I've seen this plenty of times. Higher education has some of the worst politics. The things I've seen happen in working at the university level has permanently turned me off to the education field. It's not how talented or good of a teacher you are, it's how good you can kiss your boss' ass and join the mob when they want to railroad someone out they don't like.

If I was this teacher I would sue the district for harrassment and intimidation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 24 of24
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kettering Discussions

Search the Kettering Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr full frontal nudity 28,479
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 10 hr lol 31,007
Veterans Day 2013 (Nov '13) 13 hr Janet Harrison 10
Dennis Gannon, repeat felon 13 hr Janet Harrison 1
Why can't we post photos any more? 13 hr Janet Harrison 2
looking for a text buddy (Nov '12) 22 hr julian 39
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kettering Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Kettering People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••