SW Ohio Teacher Accused Of Harassing,...

SW Ohio Teacher Accused Of Harassing, Bullying Students | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 24 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Aug 3, 2011, titled SW Ohio Teacher Accused Of Harassing, Bullying Students | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A Fairmont High School English teacher is accused of harassing and bullying students, but dozens of other students and colleagues defended him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
World Coming To

Columbus, OH

#1 Aug 3, 2011
I'm sure that since he wasn't a bleeding heart liberal, kissing the kids collective a*ss*es to avoid a lawsuit, he'll be fired.
We wouldn't want to have kids have any clue what the real world is like. They should be shielded from everything, because it could hurt their feelings. Everyone should win in a contest, because we don't want anyone to feel bad or left out.
These kids are going to have reality thrown in their faces like hot coffee. No one will hire them because they'll expect everyone to give them something they didn't earn.
Wake up....get your kids into the real world before it gets into them.
Logan Native

Pearl City, HI

#2 Aug 3, 2011
Ohio once again makes the news! Hilarious!!
Failing Kid

Fostoria, OH

#3 Aug 3, 2011
The kid making the accusations is probably a loser whose parents are failing to raise them right. Giving them everything on a silver platter and giving them their way all the time. Spoiled Brats people are raising today!
Old School

United States

#4 Aug 3, 2011
Quit picking on the kid. In a few years if he is lucky he will be making coffee at Speedway.
Retired Navy 2005

Galloway, OH

#5 Aug 4, 2011
hmmm someone got their feelings hurt so lets pick on the public figure... parents of the kid need to realized the kid is a loser and if he or she doesnt straighten out now they wont get anywhere in the world. seems that is all the teacher is trying to do... guess he shoulda held their hands and sung kumbya and told them to vote dumbocrat..
Antagonist

Newark, OH

#6 Aug 4, 2011
You can think whatever you want about your boss and co workers but it doesn't usually work out well when you run your mouth about them.
This sounds more political than it is about how he treated students.
Terry

Marysville, OH

#7 Aug 4, 2011
We can't "save" every kid. Let's face it. Some kids are dumb. You can't screw the majority because others refuse to learn or do not have the capabilities to learn. Maybe the superintendent is an idiot, or maybe not, but the teacher has a right to his opinion, and as long as his students are learning, he should be able to keep teaching. There a far to few teachers that actually teach kids about the real world. Today it's all about passing that test. They teach what's on the test and nothing more.
REALLY

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Aug 4, 2011
I'd be willing to bet the teacher's comments were warranted, as the child is probably an idiot. Good for the teacher. This kid needs a taste of reality.
Guido

Wilberforce, OH

#9 Aug 4, 2011
Togliatti...oh yea..he is a nice Italian gumba...his mamma makes a good sauce..his dad makes some good dego red wine. He is teaching the boys how to man up. So who's the wimps who can't take it? Tell them go hide behind their mamma's dress.
Real Life

United States

#10 Aug 4, 2011
I think there is always someone who will think that a teacher us right or a teacher is wrong. Then there us always someone who will think the kid is right or wrong. Let's get the facts then we can know what went on here. This us my thoughts did the teacher work with parents or was this a teacher on his own not following school policy's. And what was the grade level here. One other thing if the teacher was trying to teach kids what's right if he/she thought something was wrong then they should show respect by not saying things out just as they didn't want the student to do. Can't have it both ways.
Jerry W

Columbus, OH

#11 Aug 4, 2011
UNION SCUM!!
Marcus

Columbus, OH

#12 Aug 4, 2011
All it takes is one accusation and your life can be ruined - thought about being a Big Brother one time and then I came to my senses! To hell with dat!
Moe

Delaware, OH

#13 Aug 4, 2011
Probably just some black kids complaining who's parents are looking for a free ride.
Real Life

United States

#14 Aug 4, 2011
Once again, you people and your judgements. Need to hear from people who know. Not people who want 5 minutes if fame. Give us some facts 1 kid, 20 kids. What teacher said, what cuss words, talked about other teachers. Is this what you are teaching your kids to judge with out facts. Is this teacher saying you need to keep it to yourself but I don't have to. A lot of judging but little facts to judge. A lot if kid hating. Why?
WKFAN

New York, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2011
Jerry W wrote:
UNION SCUM!!
...and people wonder why there is a teacher's union.

In this day and age, it only takes one kid or parent to ruin a teachers'(or anyone in an 'authority' position) life. Withoug some due process or collectively bargained 'rights' of the teacher, this guy could get railroaded out of a career and have his reputation ruined for the rest fo his life.

Sure, there are things that need to change regarding teacher unions...in terms of salary structure, benefits, tenure, etc. However, this is one very timely example why to vote to repeal Senate Bill 5.
Ms C

Westerville, OH

#16 Aug 4, 2011
I was bullied and harrassed by two different teachers, so this does happen. My family was poor and we didn't have money for school clothes and books, so those teachers felt it was okay to ridicule and embarrass me in front of my classmates.
white juan

Columbus, OH

#17 Aug 4, 2011
Togliatti was not at the school board meeting. A third party will now investigation the allegations and have a hearing on the matter.

See..you don't have to study English to write for a newspaper.
Does anybody read what they have written before it goes to print?
Whatever

Granville, OH

#18 Aug 4, 2011
Nothing to do with student. Call your boss worthless in public. All political. He is gone. Gotta be a team player & kiss butt right:-)
Joker

Hilliard, OH

#19 Aug 4, 2011
Moe wrote:
Probably just some black kids complaining who's parents are looking for a free ride.
WOW!!! and someone actually agreed with your post. You do know public schools are free? Don't see how anyone would get free ride out of this situation, white or black. Sounds like this might be a good teacher and an educational system is going to mess that up by possibly terminating him. In regard to the child, stupidity is free as well. Without a good education, it does not leave much room for success.
Antagonist

Newark, OH

#20 Aug 5, 2011
Joker wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! and someone actually agreed with your post. You do know public schools are free? Don't see how anyone would get free ride out of this situation, white or black. Sounds like this might be a good teacher and an educational system is going to mess that up by possibly terminating him. In regard to the child, stupidity is free as well. Without a good education, it does not leave much room for success.
You actually think public schools are free?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kettering Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Join my Disadvantaged American Victims charity! 3 hr Loony Lib 3
vote for trump 3 hr Loony Lib 4
Sec. of Defense Ash Carter is not among the sma... 3 hr The Old Cold Warrior 4
Lakewoods Apartments, 980 Wilmington Ave, ( BED... (Oct '12) 16 hr Bedbugz 937 10
Why Donald Trump is hated in Scotland... 22 hr Fan of Leon The Man 7
George Will and so-called "conservatives"... 22 hr Fan of Leon The Man 5
Boofuckinhoo! What will Trump and me and you do... 22 hr Fan of Leon The Man 7

Kettering Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kettering Mortgages