People In SW Ohio Still Dealing With ...

People In SW Ohio Still Dealing With No Power | Ohio News Network (ONN)

There are 4 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jul 15, 2011, titled People In SW Ohio Still Dealing With No Power | Ohio News Network (ONN). In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Gloria Chapman couldn't wait to get to work this week. "I get up in the morning with candlelight and a flashlight and I try to get ready and go to work," said Chapman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

dot

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 16, 2011
there is no excuse for the power to be off for so long. if the power companies had enough employees, they wouldnt have to wait for an out of state company to do their job. now, if the company that had to come in to fix ohio power,if they have a storm and lose power, who will thay call? dumb, dumb, dumb!!
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#2 Jul 16, 2011
Sometimes damage is so wide spread that assistance is needed that's why many of the utilities have developed mutual aid programs. They'll send a couple crews from several different companies to make up the additional manpower needed under special circumstances.

Crews are brought in from areas not expecting any problems. It's a good plan that keeps costs down by not hiring additional people that under normal circumstances would not be needed.

However I agree the DP&L seems to have far to many outages and extended outages.
HooverOhio

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 17, 2011
Hard to imagine that 50 years ago, everyone in Ohio lived without air conditioning in their homes.

With the collapse of the economy and depression ongoing, it wouldn't surprise me if the power companies went out of business. People should prepare for life without electricity.
HooverOhio

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 17, 2011
Conservative wrote:
Sometimes damage is so wide spread that assistance is needed that's why many of the utilities have developed mutual aid programs. They'll send a couple crews from several different companies to make up the additional manpower needed under special circumstances.
Crews are brought in from areas not expecting any problems. It's a good plan that keeps costs down by not hiring additional people that under normal circumstances would not be needed.
However I agree the DP&L seems to have far to many outages and extended outages.
DP&L is broke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kettering Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Zeke the Pinhead 20,201
This is your oasis (Jun '08) 17 hr just me 3,175
We await the "7-11" apologies to Trump... 17 hr Dump the Leon 5
David Paul Buhrman (Jun '11) Mon David_M_B 2
why do white people smell like wet dogs? (Oct '14) Mon Dennis Gannon 39
Brett May 1 missing you 1
Most of us reluctant Republicans... Apr 30 Leon Harrison 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kettering Mortgages