Alaska town opens 'road to nowhere'

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Alaska may not have a Bridge to Nowhere, but it now has a Road to Nowhere. The state this week completed a $25 million gravel road that was intended to lead up to the bridge linking the city of Ketchikan to its ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nimby reversed

Scotts Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

If this was about putting a freeway to connect Santa Cruz with Silicon Valley, my guess is we'd be we'd be singing a different tune.
watsonville resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

It seems that nimby reversed doesn't realize that the road just leads up to the water and doesn't take you to the island. His (or her) comparison doesn't make any sense.
Craig C

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Nimby reversed wrote:
If this was about putting a freeway to connect Santa Cruz with Silicon Valley, my guess is we'd be we'd be singing a different tune.
Are you kidding? It's been brought up a few time to widen 17 so there can be more access to the other side and it always gets killed.
Brooke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Will the press ever stop with this stuff? Geez.
Bristol

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Will you ever stop with your blind faith of everything Palin/McCain?
Palin Watch

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

"And instead of people walking through brush, it may be used for hunting in the area."

Which means all the game will soon be hunted out; that's normally what roads into the wilderness are good for.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

This whole Sarah Palin thing is like a bad dream.
Brooke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Bristol wrote:
Will you ever stop with your blind faith of everything Palin/McCain?
Actually, it's McCain/Palin, and guess what: I don't have blind faith. I don't like everything they stand for, but I'm much more comfortable with the ticket than I could ever be with Obama/Biden.

I do find this accusation hilarious from someone who makes it a daily ritual to find any negative article on Sarah Palin and start a thread. Me thinks you're a wee bit obsessed. Jealous?
Ca-Ching

Greenbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2008

Judged:

Sarah Palin is on the Road to Nowhere !! I love it.
Brooke

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

I am a loser and am really bitter that my airheaded idol is losing. Guess most people are too smart to go for BS like "I can see Russia from my state"
Kathy

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Judged:

You can't be a good republican unless you lie, hate everyone who thinks differently than you, are fanatic about some version of what christianity is supposed to be, are against abortion but pro-killing anybody once they are born, support stealing from the poor and no taxes for the rich, and believe that if you are not a republican you are less of an American.
Once Bush, Cheney, Palin and McCain no longer walk this earth the world will be a much better place.
Casey

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Brooke wrote:
I am a loser and am really bitter that my airheaded idol is losing. Guess most people are too smart to go for BS like "I can see Russia from my state"
Another know nothing liberal sticking his 2 cents worth in, and wrong as usual. On a clear day you can see it, it's not that far away moron.
patriot

San Rafael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Brooke wrote:
Actually, it's McCain/Palin...
LOL, I don't think so. By the way, McCain has yet to release his medical records.
Ca-Ching

Greenbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

News flash -- McSame just called his friend Sarah the Puppet and she is going to give the US gov't back the other $275 million, just to help out the $700 billion bailout! naw, I was joshing.
Ca-Ching

Greenbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Casey wrote:
<quoted text>
Another know nothing liberal sticking his 2 cents worth in, and wrong as usual. On a clear day you can see it, it's not that far away moron.

Casey, firstly, let's be civil and not call names. Secondly, the point of the comment is not whether you can see Russia from Alaska. The point is -- seeing Russia from Alaska is a pointless comment in the context of whether one has the ability to understand foreign policy. A pointless and inane comment by Palin.
Porky

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

BFD....she stopped a $400 million bridge, yet still spent $25 million on a gravel road....what's the difference??

Regardless, I still want her to "discipline" me..

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Brooke wrote:
Will the press ever stop with this stuff? Geez.
Intelligent people want to keep informed on all issues - not stick their heads in the sand.

I am certainly interested to know that $25 million was wasted by Palin.

Oh, and Palin herself said it was the "Palin/McCain" ticket.
Ca-Ching

Greenbrae, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Palin continues to lie about this. McCain doesn't comment, but h can’t keep track of all the lies he & Cindy have told over the years. Cindy lying about being an only child (she has 2 half-sisters). Cindy lying about her “family recipe" from Rachel Ray. Cindy lying about Mother Teresa convincing her to adopt orphans, when she wasn't even in the same town.

John lying about his vet voting record. John lying in when he was in Pittsburgh saying it was the Pittsburgh Steelers defensive lineup he named as his squadron mates when he was being interrogated in Vietnam. Everybody knows in his book he wrote it was the Green Bay Packers. He lied about the cross in the sand story being his when he plagiarized it from Solzhenitsyn.

What’s wrong with these people? People who inherently lie and embellish to suit their needs?
Paul

Ketchikan, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

I invite everyone to Nowhere, Alaska 99901. It's a quaint little drinking town with a fishing problem.
Brooke

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Brooke wrote:
Nice try - my isp isn't in San Rafael. Can't even get original with your name?- the REAL Brooke

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ketchikan Discussions

Search the Ketchikan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Ketchikan, AK (Aug '10) Jul 9 kim griffith 31
Parnell signs SB99 to allow POW mine loans Jun '14 Heather Herndon 1
Council rejects proposed smoking ballot proposi... May '14 Dr Basim Elhabashy 2
Bokan Part 1: UCore eyes mine on Prince of Wales (Sep '11) May '14 Heath Herndon BSc MBA Bro 2
brother (Nov '13) Apr '14 sweet1alaska 3
Looking for information Feb '14 Donna 1
Power outage (Oct '13) Oct '13 Bailey 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ketchikan Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••