Review: Annie's Campground

Review: Annie's Campground

Posted in the Keshena Forum

Maria trebz

Casey, IL

#1 Aug 8, 2013
My family stayed at this campground and we all were very disappointed. On top of the $44 nightly fee there was an additional $25 fee per child for the weekend to use the jumping pillow. We attempted to have dinner at the "Irish pub and grub" only to find out there really wasn't a kitchen and they were out of most of the food on the menu, seemed odd for a Friday evening in the middle of the summer. The pond was crawling with tadpoles and had a very foul odor and the bathrooms were filthy as well. there seemed to be constant tractors and heavy machinery running all weekend, so much for relaxing! Overall I would never recommend anyone to stay there unless it falls under new management. Current management does not seem to have a good understanding of what a family campground is.
Frank Stiles

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 8, 2013
My family stayed at Annie's Campground last summer and will definitely not go back. When we arrived we couldn't believe how rundown the grounds looked, there was living room furniture scattered throughout the yard. I got the sense that the couches were outside for some time and looked like they were most likely rat infested. After arriving at our site, there was no picnic table, we called the office several times that night but no one answered, after leaving several messages "Annie" brought us a table during dinner on Saturday night.

The swim pond that looked awesome on the ads was nothing more than some disease carrying swamp hole. The water was green and stunk, we wouldn't let our kids swim in that water, obviously a huge disappointment for them. The bathrooms looked like they hadn't been cleaned in a long time and the trash cans were overflowing.

If you value your health, avoid Annie's Campground.
Happy Camper

De Pere, WI

#3 May 28, 2014
I disagree with both of the above posts. As someone who camps there frequently I find it to be a wonderful campground. The pond is always in great shape, I know of no stench, of nothing floating around in the water, it is shocked and treated as any swimming facility is. 2013 there was a lot of construction as it is a new campground, but this year the campground is done with it's expansion and improvements have been completed. It is a wonderful place for family and friends to visit. And as far as the fee's that you pay to play, I find the same thing anywhere you camp that has similar amenities.
Past Seasonal

Pulaski, WI

#4 May 28, 2014
The 2013 reviews are right on. The place is a little dumpy with no set rules. Food is never stocked when wanted and your camping fee should cover all activities not just your site fee. Kinda a bait and switch. Management is not on the same page as owner. Owner makes huge promises and doesn't deliver, needs to keep up with seasonal request as they are the ones paying the bills. Bartenders never last more than a month or two. Needs to be cleaned up and have the items shown on the website and in working condition. Been to better. Keep looking.
Not A Happy Camper

Medford, WI

#5 Jun 30, 2014
I have been camping for years and have never been so disappointed in a campground as this one. I should have know something was wrong as soon as we arrived and the campground was almost empty. We were the only campers in our area all weekend. Usually campgrounds are booked solid all summer. Their "Irish Pub" is a joke. We had 8 people ordering food at once, but had to eat in shifts because they can only prepare 2 to 3 meals at a time because they only use a George Foreman grill and a deep frying machine to make their food. The mini golf course was also a joke. I guess when they say "mini" they aren't lying! They were also suppose to have "inflatables" on the swimming pond, but the only inflatables they have were a variety of inner tubes! My kids were extremely disappointed!! We bought firewood,$20 worth, and got about 10 pieces of wet wood! I would not recommend this campground to anyone!!!
Harlan H

Little Suamico, WI

#6 Jul 25, 2014
Yup, Annie's Campground is a dump. The "clean" swim pond is nothing more than a breeding swamp for frogs. After witnessing the migration of thousands of tadpoles from the "swimming pond" we wouldn't let our kids swim in the swamp water.
Being that swimming in a swamp is the only thing kids can do without extra charges, it's not worth the higher tham average site fees.
lovin life

De Pere, WI

#7 Apr 30, 2015
I have been camping at Annie's for 3 years now. She did suffer some growing pains, simply because she did grow very fast, but she has come a long way, the place is awesome. So much to do for the kids, the wrist bands are well worth the money! And the prices are right in line with other campsites. All in all a great place to spend the weekend!!! Family fun for all!!!
Uninformed

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2017
I went a couple weeks ago to check out the campgrounds and I was not pleased. I called before hand to ask about bringing our pontoon boat and was told that would be fine only to get there and what to my wondering eyes no lake. I was told I would have to drive to a near by lake anywhere I camp there is a lake and the swimming hole was just a hole! I won't waste my money to stay there.
A very happy camper

Green Bay, WI

#9 Jan 30, 2018
Uninformed wrote:
I went a couple weeks ago to check out the campgrounds and I was not pleased. I called before hand to ask about bringing our pontoon boat and was told that would be fine only to get there and what to my wondering eyes no lake. I was told I would have to drive to a near by lake anywhere I camp there is a lake and the swimming hole was just a hole! I won't waste my money to stay there.
Ok these are LIES. I was camping at Annies all summer 2017! The swimming hole had a water fall that was always running, the inflatables werent in the pond because people dont follow the rules and they have too many people on them at a time. They popped. Do you think money like that just comes out of thin air? And there isnt a lake at the campground and if you would have "Checked it out" like you said you did, you would know that. Maybe next time you wont judge a book just by what YOU have read so far. You dont know the journey that the owner is on. She is trying really hard and she has kids of her own to take care of. Not all the money she makes at the campground goes to more campground stuff. If you dont like it, dont buy it.
Super Happy Camper

United States

#10 Jun 19, 2018
Annie's Campground is AWESOME! I've been bringing my kids here for 2 years now and every weekend they ask if we can go back. Last year there were wristbands that you had to purchase, which was okay with me because it helps to fund the repairs and staffing. But this year everything is included! I am absolutely in love with this campground and the super friendly staff. Will definitely be returning!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keshena Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hoffmaster closing Appleton site, cutting 300 jobs (May '08) Jul '18 Terry 10
The cops in Clintonville are corrupt (Oct '07) May '18 Farmer Friday 41
Murders (Jan '18) Jan '18 So Be It 2
(Nov '17) Nov '17 Mr Cheah 1
Sad, COPS do lie in Shawano (Aug '07) Aug '17 Threeeyes 23
Enjoy the Music at Opie's (Jun '17) Jun '17 The Carburetor 1
Trump Dakota pipeline and arrest of hundreds of... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Not Trump 1

Keshena Jobs

Personal Finance

Keshena Mortgages