First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Answers Please

Burlington, NC

#1 Apr 2, 2013
So since the commissioners, mayor, and town manager want to get rid of WCPD does that mean that their positions will also be eliminated? Not really going to be a need for them either. I please let me know how much my taxes are going down, I am excited about that.
What

Clemmons, NC

#2 Apr 3, 2013
So they are trying to get rid of our police dept?
yup

Morristown, TN

#3 Apr 3, 2013
its a done deal. Thanks to Town Manager & Mayor
yup

Morristown, TN

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Someone in another topic on here posted it best, about the snake.
What

Clemmons, NC

#5 Apr 3, 2013
what topic is it under
yup

Easley, SC

#6 Apr 3, 2013
I had to go back and look, its under 2013 walnut cove elections
What

Clemmons, NC

#7 Apr 3, 2013
You are absolutely right, just when you think the town might possibly get on track. Nothing but backstabbers and people out for revenge and their own personal gain, they don't care about the citizens or they would have made it a point to make this public so more residents could attened the meeting. I like how they are so cowardly that the next meeting is scheduled for 9 am on a Tuesday, they know that people work so it will be hard for them to attend....just the way they want.
call bs

Kernersville, NC

#8 Apr 3, 2013
Walnut Cove needs to get behind its police department. This is nuts. The reason I live in Town is because I want the services I pay for--otherwise, I'd just live in the county.

Very sneaky, and very underhanded. I am disappointed in our elected officials.
What

Clemmons, NC

#9 Apr 3, 2013
Now we are talking. I don't know what we need to do or where we need to start but I am all for backing our police department. It is nuts, these officials are off of their rockers as well as the sheriff's dept. Mike Marshall is just on a power trip, he couldn't take King over so now he will try for Walnut Cove. I wonder if a petition would do any good?
yup

Walkertown, NC

#10 Apr 3, 2013
nope its a done deal
call bs

Kernersville, NC

#11 Apr 3, 2013
I doubt it. Folks need to write and call our mayor, commissioners, and town manager. Show up for the meetings, write letters to the editor of the Stokes News.

Petitions are useless--they won't pay any attention to them.
What

Clemmons, NC

#12 Apr 4, 2013
I think we should have a Walnut Cove residents meeting and try to inform them about all of the BS that the commissioners, town manager, and sheriff's dept are trying to do to the town.
yup

Walkertown, NC

#13 Apr 4, 2013
The people of this town do not care. Some say they do, but look at the council meetings, no one attends, shows everyone they have no intrest. If you had a residents meeting, the same result would happen, no one would show up.
Get it around town

Clemmons, NC

#14 Apr 4, 2013
I personally called the town hall on Tuesday to ask about things that were going to be discussed and I was assured that the police dept was not an issue. In my opinion more people would turn out if a certian commissioner didn't take everything into a closed session.....seriously. She has tried to fire everyone just because people she knows couldn't keep their job. People go to hear whats going on but she just wants revenge because she is a sorry person. I pray to God that people spread the word and get it around town because this is the craziest thing that I have ever heard. I agree with WHAT they do not care about the citizens or their safety and it is going to be sad that they have to find that out the hard way. Oh 1 question I have: Does our Town Manager even live in Walnut Cove?
LOST CHIEF I TOLD YOU SO

Clemmons, NC

#15 Apr 4, 2013
PEOPLE GET A GRIP UNDERSTAND THAT CHAD WILLIAMS IS THE REASON FOR THE POLICE DEPARTMENT GOING TO HELL. NOT THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT. SO BEFORE YOU PUT THE BLAME ON ANYONE READ THE STOKES NEWS. KIM LEWIS BROUGHT THE TOPIC UP IN A BOARD MEETING AND EVERYONE AGREED TO GET RID OF THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. SO LET ME TELL YOU ITS NOT TO BE BLAME ON THE SHERIFF. I AM A LOCAL BUSINESS OWNER WHO SEES CHAD HARASS PEOPLE. BY STOPPING PEOPLE IN TOWN AND GETTING HIS WHOLE DEPARTMENT TO SURROUND THE CAR IF HES THAT SCARED WHY DONT HE QUIT. I HAVE SEEN HIM STOP NUMEROUS CAR AND GET OTHER OFFICER TO STOP WITH HIM AND ALMOST AS SOON AS THEY ARRIVE HE LETS THE CAR GO. WHY BECAUSE HE GETS A THRILL OUT OF TURNING ON HIS BLUE LIGHTS. I TELL YOU ONE THING CHAD YOU BETTER STOP STOPPING CARS IN FRONT OF MY BUSINESS IM SICK OF YOU AND THE WAY YOU RUN THINGS. THAT'S WHY YOU ARE FIXING TO BE JOBLESS YOU CROCKED BALD HEADED IDIOT. MY LAST THING TO TELL YOU GET LOST YOU NO GOOD FOR NOTHING MAYBE YOU CAN WORK SECURITY WORK. I WILL SEND YOU A ROLL OF QUARTERS SO YOU CAN CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU GET IN A PICKLE. AND BY THE WAY I CANT BELIEVE THE TOWN BOUGHT ANOTHER PATROL VEHICLE IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU THANK YOU ARE A THUG BUT YOU ARE NOT YOU LOSER. GOOOOOOOOOD BYE
Concerned and confused

United States

#16 Apr 4, 2013
I can't believe some of these comments. This is not, at least should not, be personal. This should be about what's good for our town. I'm sure there are many factors to be considered but my number one issue is that as a citizen of this town I feel much safer having our own police department. Since Chief Williams took over I constantly see a much stronger presence. I see officers patrolling on the roads and the businesses.

I had to call them last summer when I was concerned someone had entered my home and the response was quick. How long will it take to come from Danbury IF a deputy is available. Just think about it people, the sheriff has the whole county to worry about. I want a police department that only had to worry about US!
carma

Clemmons, NC

#17 Apr 4, 2013
First of all, Sheriff Marshall is doing an exceptional job as our Stokes County Sheriff and should be commended for the job he's doing and will conti to do. Let it be known to all that do not attend and have probably never attended a town meeting that Sheriff Marshall had nothing to do with the decisions of the town council. "Power Trip", many will beg to differ if you have ever had the opprotunity to meet The Sheriff personally. The police department has dug its own so to speak grave by over spending, firing employees that will work and replacing them with, well you see. If there has ever been anyone on a "Power Trip", then maybe you should turn your cheek towards your town Police Department and its so called Chief. As soon as his reign started and hopefully will soon end, he immediately started the spending. It included just to name a few, hiring all these newcomers that are so green, supplying new uniforms to them all, re-striping all the cars, etc. all of which should and could have been avoided. Now driving around in yet another vehicle that the town did not need. Yes it may be a drug seized vehicle but I'm sure it wasn't wired and equiped with all the lights and get up by the one to whom which once was the proud owner. As previously stated, I knew you're reign wouldn't last long. When you treat people in the manner of professionalism that he does, eventually it comes back to bite. When you step in shit long enough, you start to smell it just under your nose Cove Citizens! Hail to you Sheriff Marshall for the job that you are doing and for getting the drugs and thugs out of our town. You know you're doing something right when youre asked to take it over!! Goodbye Chad Williams! You are an embarrasment to this town...
seriously

Mocksville, NC

#18 Apr 4, 2013
People need to get all their information correct before you start bashing poeple. Let me start off by saying seems like marshall had been contacted prior to this meeting since him, his captin and mr conaway have been seen riding together numerous times in town different locations in business attire. Makes sense if marshall and conaway are together why they want to get rid of wcpd. Also as I drive to work who directs schook traffic... not the sheriff dept wcpd is out there in the rain in the cold. On the stripes of the cars the pd was made to put those on by the town, also uniforms are not new I have been told just had new patches stiched on so the uniforms stood out more.when you loose people from any job you have to replace so it makes sense to hire new people to fill thise positions no need to make foolish comments on having new people.
wow

Mocksville, NC

#19 Apr 4, 2013
I am glad to see someone on here trying to back the police department. Cheif Williams has jumped right in been a wonderful cheif of police, his officers have done a outstanding job in the town keeping an eye out on the town and its businesses there have been several DL checks which I feel like is a wonderful thing. I agree if sheriff and conaway are in connections with each other must be the reason why this subject started since HE is no longer cheif. Let it go, dont mess up the pubic safety and wcpd employees and their familes lively hood over something YOU SCREWED UP. Guess Sheriff thinks since he couldnt take the Kpd over why not mess with wcpd and get conaway involved to help. Also to add information to the above comments if you could take time and talk to the officers you could learn more about whats going on, the "new" car was seized and the eqipment was used that was donated or used in other cars. Now lets get the word out to the town.
Wouldntyouloveto know

Clemmons, NC

#20 Apr 4, 2013
Well Well Well! Lets see, the school is in the city limits! Wouldn't that be the job and responsibility of the WCPD?? Hmmm, when the Sheriff's takes over then they will do the same and you can watch and see how it's done Chad. Now,lets do get the story straight. Face it, Marshall is a very respected Man. Williams not so much so! Being that Barry and Mike grew up together, is that a sin for him to be around one another?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kernersville Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plans Moving Forward for New Mosque in High Point (Sep '10) Fri Dances with wolves 60
Trump's outbursts prove he's unstable (Aug '16) Aug 18 dragos 4
News Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult? (Oct '07) Aug 17 Appalled 8,769
legalizing marijuana in north carolina Aug 11 dragos 1
southern hospitality Jul 27 cil 1
News Pritchard to be paroled (Jun '07) Jul 25 Curious 74
News Winston-Salem Homicide First For 2011 (Jan '11) Jul 22 Anonymous 8

Kernersville Area Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kernersville Area Mortgages