Letters on Homestead Heritage: Commun...

Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

There are 8631 comments on the Waco Tribune-Herald story from May 20, 2007, titled Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?. In it, Waco Tribune-Herald reports that:

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waco Tribune-Herald.

Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6729 Apr 8, 2013
1) God called these to whom the word of God came: elohim
2) I have not even claimed this as me (elohim)
3) As SON of elohim I give you my evidence for this claim
4) If ye believe not on this, consider my miraculous works which came from my God.

And (5)

5) How can you say I've made myself YHWH elohim...

when I've only said I am the Son of Elohim??

Like, where are you from, Alexandria? I didn't even claim ELOHIM which the Judges of Torah had...
(being supernatural entities).

As Son of Elohim I will show you signs and wonders.
Consider them, that either I have a demon or am from God himself. As emissary, shaliach, agent of God.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6730 Apr 8, 2013
Once you solve the riddle of John 10

you solved the riddle of Jesus' divinity.

Why? Because he answers them directly over this riddle is why. I would say we are in context here.

Wouldn't you? Does ANY other interpretaion make sense? This event stymied me for 20 years plus.

YE ARE GODS?? What are we polytheist? HOW MANY gods Gods or GODS are up there, anyway??

Oh, I forgot, three. Two were judges of Torah and one was the Father??

Then why are they gonna 'die like men'??
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6731 Apr 8, 2013
Oh, Jesus DID die like a man.

So what happened to Mr. Holy Spirit? He had his own special cross somewhere?

Kind of a mystery, what?

So are you, my dears. Kind of a mystery to me.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6732 Apr 8, 2013
Once you solve the riddle of Jesus' divinity

all of scripture starts to make a heck of a lot more sense.

No dual-natured Jesus who seems to be God always talking as a man...

No dual-natured Godhead, sometimes acting as the Father and sometimes as the Son...

and for some of you sometimes as the Holy Spirit, whatever THAT means since God is spirit...

One mind, one will, one God-soul or nephesh which he transfers some ontology of onto US...us who are made 'in his image'...

This is YHWH Elohim. Patient, merciful, kind and gracious.

Also all-powerful, the Judge of us, a killer of men and too One who says to kill...at least way back when in more terrible times...

One set of characteristics, one name.
This is the One True God of the Hebrew nation.
As grafted-in Jews take heed of whom you worship.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6733 Apr 8, 2013
How do we tie in ELOHIM to the HH saying,

the one the leadership uses to describe themselves?

"We are Jesus in the flesh, to YOU (who have covenanted with us)."

"I AM Jesus in the flesh, to you who have covenanted to me."

This terminology is not quite biblical, but lets say it WAS in the Bible...what could it mean objectively?

"I am annointed of God, and you had better recognize it."

"We are annointed of God, and you who covenanted to us had better heed this."

Okay then. I have no problem with these as stated.
As long as YOU understand that this 'annointedness' comes short of the first and second generations.

For you still worship a two-headed God, or one which changed heads, from the OT God to the new Jesus-God.

And your magnifying glass which would have been held over me if I had covenanted to you isn't my cup of tea...not even with my pinky down.

As puppetmasters you made squirrels out of men. Let a man be a man and stand up to God his own self.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6734 Apr 8, 2013
Just as he will at the Judgement Seat, Selah.

This is the secret: the Covenant to HH does not exist. All believers covenant to YHWH through Jesus and this is true unequivocally.

Directly. We may need mentors who can help us get to the point to where we can stand up to God our own self.

But this is the end scenario. The final denouement.
And the continuing covenant is in the here and now.

We stand before God directly and in relationship NOW and HERE where we stand.

NO mediator except the Comforter who is God's presence. We are ALL Christ in the flesh for those with discernment.

Just some more than others. Some with other gifts. Some who are under wraps. Some who are not yet potentiated.

Some who will blossom out and fulfill his destiny when the time comes.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6735 Apr 8, 2013
All a covenant to HH is, is a membership card to your club.

And this is true for any Church, any denomination and any club of Jesus.

The Universal Church has no such membership. And it especially cannot be the fence lines of salvation.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6736 Apr 8, 2013
Certain PRINCIPLES within the club can be salvific.

And here my vast expertise ends. I only state the Bible's gospel. The parameters of the written word.

As best we can extract. But investigating the various options and not getting stuck in our little boxes, especially of ignorance.

The Word is Life if interpreted correctly. But just accepting someone else's opinion is not advisable.

You cannot use this as an excuse when you meet your Maker. Amen.

Let's start this ball rolling. I know there are lurkers out there reading. You don't agree say why.

Work it out. This trumps mere acceptance of another's opinion. If your opinion is solid, you will be able to say why. Isn't this reasonable?
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6737 Apr 8, 2013
What about Ruth and Naomi, she covenanted to her mentor and this was explicitly said.

What about her? Naomi covenants to one whom she has special God-given relationship to...

so this is a paradigm for a Church? NO, we all covenant to YHWH in the name of His Son. The event in the Bible mirrors THIS not a universal covenant to any certain locale or name or group of believers with the ONE True Light. And especially not a small group of One man with his minions annointed from him.

True light shines to some degree and in some way from ALL believers in the faith. Even Baptists.
Even Cheap Grace Lutherans. Even Jehovah's Witnesses.

Even me and you. HH's light may be a certain spectrum or in a certain manner or of a certain intensity.

But all light from YHWH comes from faith, and all faith comes from seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Truth and light is a universal force.

Impending upon us all.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6738 Apr 8, 2013
Naomi covenants to one, I CAN'T covenant to Blair?

You CAN. If you feel led to do so.

But this covenant should not be seen as

1) universally defining one's entrance to heaven or hell
2) a covenant into God's Will or not, as a community.
Blair fudges a little here, because he has built a covenant based upon his own revelation.

When he dies this covenant to his 'revelations' will take a hit.

Because no one can explain it as well as him.
Little Red Hen

Fredericksburg, TX

#6739 Apr 8, 2013
*Yawn*

I never knew that insanity could be so... boring.

Thankfully,

sorta like the annoying occurrence of a dripping faucet, or the continuous stench of garbage...

Eventually that wonderful human physiological phenomenon called,

"synaptic fatigue" kicks in.

Who knew that synaptic fatigue was such a beautiful thing?

Turns out even synaptic fatigue is a gift from Jesus.

All replies from the resident Arianist will fall into the comforting abyss of synaptic fatigue, and so will be duly ignored.

Thank you, Jesus.
Mountainrose

Waco, TX

#6740 Apr 8, 2013
Little Red Hen wrote:
*Yawn*
Thankfully,
sorta like the annoying occurrence of a dripping faucet, or the continuous stench of garbage...
All replies from the resident Arianist will fall into the comforting abyss of synaptic fatigue, and so will be duly ignored.
Thank you, Jesus.
Absolutely wonderful--couldn't have said it better myself! Yawn...I'm still tired from having to scroll down 3 miles to get to the end of the dripping faucet!
Mountainrose

Waco, TX

#6741 Apr 8, 2013
Baaah wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you so offended if no one reads it?
Scroll down at your will. I can't make you read. I can lead a horse to water. Are you a horse?
Offended because as one said on the next page, you are annoying like a dripping faucet! I scroll down to see the words of sane persons!
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6742 Apr 9, 2013
Little Red Hen wrote:
*Yawn*
Thankfully,
Thank you, Jesus.
Well at least you know what you DON'T like. I know many people like that.

Some people know what they WANT to like. They just can't quite get there. And some know like me what they do like and what they do not like since I have thought about it once or twice.

I am not an Arian since I believe both sides of the Arian/Athanasian debate only used Greek terms to define and solve for each side the problem, the problem being what exactly IS Jesus in the order of things...

But since you are not really paying attention, I know you don't understand OR like this, my own POV.

Well, good thing I'm not a politician. A few might read and be edified. I am going after the sheep Jesus calls. These are the ones the Father has set aside for him.

Don't agree? Say WHY.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6743 Apr 9, 2013
So then what was the big deal, the Greek speakers in Jesus' day saying HO THEOS instead of YHWH Elohim when they spoke of God? This YHWH elohim being the words in the Hebrew themselves, more than 2000 times in the OT?

THE GOD? Would not they be speaking of the same God we all know and love?

First of all,'YHWH elohim' was not said out loud in the synagogue, rather 'the Lord' or 'the Word' or 'Hashem' nowadays...

these all being secondary terms, INFORMED by the primal term, YHWH Elohim. They just didn't SAY it because of reverent respect for the name.

So then HO THEOS would not be any worse than these secondary terms, although it has a more GENERIC quality, not mentioning the NAME of God within.
In fact, arguably BETTER since HO THEOS refers to one God and one God only, and 'the Lord' or 'the lord' can refer to many different entities.

The problem I am pointing out between translations, is that HO THEOS got applied to Jesus by you all, and there must be a bridge of connection back then.
How did the FATHER become or come beside the Son in Godhead?

My theory is that Greek terminology is quite conducive toward the idea that HO THEOS is a GodHEAD, whereas YHWH Elohim is and only will be one Being. The NAME of this entity making all the difference.

Now, if you can connect the name YHWH to Jesus, then you have a valid argument that Jesus is God.
But if you cannot, then of course, Jesus cannot be God.

Why is this necessary? Cannot the name YHWH be applied to two Beings just as 'Jesus' is a name for many beings, most human?

Um, reading the OT as few times as I have, at LEAST
we should know clearly that YHWH is only one entity. ALL the some 11,0000 personal SINGULAR pronouns will attest to this, and ALL know the two verses trins use for proof text amount to 3 personal plural pronouns, NOT EVEN among Jews translated as God speaking to God(2)or God(3).

Let US make man in our image.
Let US confound their language.

So if you are right and God was speaking to God(s)
then now we have a contradiction.

God SINGULAR cannot speak to another God 11,000 times

God PLURAL cannot be described with singular pronouns 11,0000 times accurately.

But if you are wrong, then YHWH Elohim is only One God.

Um, isn't that what the Great Command says?
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6744 Apr 9, 2013
The secret is, when a BELIEVER said in the first or second generations, HO THEOS, they meant the One God only.

When GENTILES said the words, they meant a number of things...

and when a later believer said 'ho theos' he could have meant either/or.

Just as when a 'Christian' NOW says God he means the God(s)
of the Christian faith...

but if a heathen says God, he could mean a number of things, ALL of them probably wrong.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6745 Apr 9, 2013
And the problem is, a secret to yourself

'ho theos' according to you is ALSO entirely wrong.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6746 Apr 9, 2013
The reason I don't blog is that as a poster online, my blog has no market segment, no audience at all.

The few responses here are certainly more than my blog will get at least initially.

Having no market segment, I am speaking essentially to myself...

here I speak and at least my detractors gnash their teeth.

I tried a blog and got immediate poster's cramp. Who was I writing TO but some imaginary audience.

Here I write to any ex of HH. And readers interested in HH. The leadership or at least the Waco Forum MONITOR(s) of HH.

Cool. My potential market segment is defined. Now I write with passion and grace...

or at least passion. Or at least something similar to.
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6747 Apr 9, 2013
And the final question on this forum is, as it always was...

what defines a Christian, and what defines the valid Christian Body of Christ?
Baaah

San Antonio, TX

#6748 Apr 9, 2013
Because when you answer this question, you can then answer the stated question, IS HH cult or valid community.

Selah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kernersville Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pritchard to be paroled (Jun '07) Sat 1tiger 72
News Aggressive Dog Ordinance Possible In Forsyth Co... (Oct '07) May 21 Bug 16
Need a good landlord May 19 Young m 1
Crotch rocket riders May 16 Jotae 1
Amber Alert-Need your help May 8 figured out 2
How can we stop forced, unwanted help by strang... May 7 Courtney 5
Girl from Kentucky looking for tree May 2 wow 4

Kernersville Area Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance