Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?

There are 20 comments on the May 20, 2007, Waco Tribune-Herald story titled Letters on Homestead Heritage: Community or cult?. In it, Waco Tribune-Herald reports that:

For seven years, we've shared fence lines with members of Homestead Heritage on three sides of our land.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waco Tribune-Herald.

Baaah

Austin, TX

#5742 Feb 5, 2013
Fact is, youall were just playing around.

Experimenting. And we were the guinea pigs.

That's cool. I forgive you and all. At the same time
I post the truth.

True Reformation is getting down to the nitty gritty.
Shema is a good start.

Just my opinion. This is the online way. Opinions of the ones typing.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5743 Feb 5, 2013
The proud heart will fail.

But pride is an ongoing sin, as pervasive almost as it's opposite, humility...

Those who think they are humble will fall again in their pride, it rears up among the greatest among us, even the most talented and gifted.

King David was the symbol and the type and shadow of one of the great ones.

I am not even to his level or the top ones in HH. All I know is that I had something to offer in the Body and this was rejected.

And is now. This is my destiny. To be humbled once again.

So too all of us. God chastises the ones whom He will take under His wing. The high ones and the low ones.

Paul, Peter, the two greatest ones in our history with the exception of the Son...

chastised like the sons of God they were.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5744 Feb 5, 2013
So you know this dynamic, that God chastises the ones He loves...

And you manufacture your own rebukes and make this part of the holy system...

manufacturings of men; the gift will be self-evident if true.

Not manufactured, not drummed up. Not dramatized and not screamed out.

It is like clubbing the dog which bites your hand...
although a cardinal sin you will either kill it, or
beat it into submission.

God is in fact more patient. His club is more in line with Paul's 'goads'. And what was the rebuke for? Murder, is this like the member who does not see his 'Lord' as 'Lord'??
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5745 Feb 5, 2013
When the drama occurs all will be in awe.

Ananias and Saphira. High drama.

But life is like Armando's example. Here today doing his best for God.

Gone tomorrow in a flash. A flash of no apparent reason. Of no drama we know of, only him.

Now he is with God. Thus I hope to see all there in one place, someday. Brothers and sisters. Even
John. Even Ralph. Even Ricardo.

Even Pilgrim (whoever he is).

Even Iltttt. Bless her soul.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5746 Feb 5, 2013
I have an idea. Try washing the new guy's feet.

Then he will know your humbleness. And his heart will be quickened...

to someday wash the feet of a new guy.

Selah. Just a thought.

Can't do it, can you? Challenge.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5747 Feb 5, 2013
Tell you what, I could do it for anyone, right now.

Buddy, his youngest. Blair. Tomorrow. Just tell me when.

We'll have a bash. I mean a wash. A big shin-dig foot wash.

Does this make me more humble than you? Or just a peon?

Give me an invite. Like I said. I don't just yap.

Have your people call mine. We'll set it up.

Tell you right now, though. My feet are ticklish.
Mountainrose

Waco, TX

#5748 Feb 5, 2013
Oh, no, bah bah black sheep is at it again! It was like a breath of fresh air during his absence!
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5750 Feb 5, 2013
Mountainrose wrote:
Oh, no, bah bah black sheep is at it again! It was like a breath of fresh air during his absence!
Actually my idea is every bit as good as their rebuking shenanigans.

Of course you have no idea what this is all about. Being not normally granted to the general public...

My dynamic (foot washing) is actually precedented in the Bible

2) Jesus himself did it
3) he did it as example of something important
4) as far as anyone knows, no one has gotten a complex from getting his feet washed, rubbed licked or whatever you do when you wash someone elses feet...
5) I can't think of the downside really
6) So what, let's do it!! Invite all the exes, we'll have a
feet-dig!!
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5751 Feb 5, 2013
Hey if that was my only contribution to HH while I was there...

that's better than nothing, yes? Foot washing?

Hail, let's do it!! I have a burden!! I REALLY have a burden for FOOT WASHING, Halleluyah!

Pass it up the chain of authority! See what they say!

Baaah lives! His cup of water to the disciples will not go unrewarded!!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5752 Feb 5, 2013
Methinks that someone's been drinking.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5753 Feb 5, 2013
Abbe Faria wrote:
Methinks that someone's been drinking.
NO! It's only the third hour of the day! That reminds me.

By the way, James White, most famous noted scholar among trinitarians today thinks the revelation of Jesus' divinity came in the upper room!

This means as spokesperson, Peter standing up and shouting down the crowd would have mentioned it!

Yeah he does. The famous black hole, the NON-issue of Jesus being God in his time is now solved!

As soon as I can find it...it must be in there somewhere!!
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5754 Feb 6, 2013
UPC POSITIONAL PAPERS:

God
There is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4). He is the creator of heaven and earth, and of all living beings. He has
revealed Himself to humanity as the Father (Creator), in the son (Savior), and as the Holy Ghost (indwelling
Spirit).
Father
God is a Spirit (John 4:24). He is the Eternal One, the Creator of all things, and the Father of all humanity by
creation.
He is the First and the Last, and beside Him there is no God (Isaiah 44:6).
There was no God formed before Him; neither shall be there any after Him (Isaiah 43:10).
Son
Jesus is the Son of God according to the flesh (Romans 1:3) and the very God Himself according to the Spirit
(Matthew 1:23). Jesus is the Christ (Matthew 16:16); the creator of all things (Colossians 1:16-17); God with us
(Matthew 1:23); God made flesh (John 1:1-14); God manifested in the flesh (I Timothy 3:16);He which was,
which is, and which is to come, the Almighty (Revelation 1:8);the mighty God, everlasting Father, and Prince of
peace (Isaiah 9:6).
Jesus Himself testified of His identity as God when He said, "He that hath seen me hath seen the Father" (John
14:7-11) and "I and my Father are one" (John 10:30).
It took shedding of blood for the remission of the sins of the world (Hebrews 9:22), but God the Father was a
Spirit and had no blood to shed. Thus He prepared a body of flesh and blood (Hebrews 10:5)and came to earth
as a man in order to save us, for in Isaiah 43:11 He said, "Beside me there is no Saviour." When He came in
flesh the angels sang, "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord" (Luke
2:11).
Holy Ghost
The Holy Ghost is not a third person in the Godhead, but rather the Spirit of God (the Creator), the Spirit of the
resurrected Christ. The Holy Ghost comes to dwell in the hearts and lives of everyone who believes and obeys
the gospel, as the comforter, Sustainer, and keeper (John 14:16-26; Romans 8:9-11).

Notice the tremendous improvement over the Nicean Creed: the HOMOOUSIAS in Constantine's Creed is replaced in the United Pentecostal Church with the line,

Jesus is the Son of God according to the flesh (Romans 1:3) and the very God Himself ACCORDING TO THE SPIRIT.
(Matthew 1:23).

Two and a half inaccuracies:
1) Jesus did not create all things. Creation Account will naturally refute this, as the Father did all of this. Jesus was not mentioned there, was he?
2) God did not become flesh. This rendition and terp for John's prologue ignores the 1200 times the LOGOS is used not as a person but rather as something God or someone else SAID. John too, is using this word in an orthodox Jewish sense.
3) The half inaccuracy: God is Spirit. Yes, to us He comes as the Comforter. But the premise is neither one-to-one or equivalent. God is MORE than spirit by Himself. Like the statement, God is Love.

Overall, I feel the United Pentecostal Church is well on the way to true Reformation. And I commend this. The movement that started in 1914 as a break from the trinitarian pentecostal tradition will eventually come full circle...

to the first generational world view. That of the rabbinical orthodox Jew who was converted in Spirit and in Truth.
I lived to tell the truth

Jackson, NJ

#5755 Feb 6, 2013
REVELATION 22:
8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me,“Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”

How can the HH elder’s set themselves up to be Jesus coming in the flesh on this earth when the Holy Scriptures forbid anyone from doing such a blasphemous act?

There is not one Holy Scripture that states a man will take the place of Jesus Christ. Not one of the Apostles ever went near such a thought.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5756 Feb 6, 2013
How do I know that John did not mean for the Word to equal Jesus to equal another God in God having glory with God before the creation of the world?

He harkens to the Creation Account EN ARCHE which has it's own rendition of word or logos...repeated some 13 times for the cadence to embed forever
the Hebrew words...uiamr aleim...HE SAID...(and it was done).

And before the word was SAID it was thought. And this word went forth unto men and some prophesied of it. And this word was a living force which John uses to testify of Jesus of Nazareth being the Christ, that which John the Baptist also testifies.
And this word was thought of even before anything was created in our cosmos. And so in a real sense, Jesus claims this possession of glory 'before the foundation of the world' when he asks YHWH for the glory promised him, before his greatest trial. "The glory I had with you," was the "glory you promised me." Stated by the elohim Jesus was, a
being "to whom the word of God came."

Naturally he spoke differently from the way we do.
Was Jesus playing as a small son in the Father's presence, sharing glory in heaven before the foundation of the world? No indication of this.
Besides being in every way an unorthodox byte of Jewish world view.
But the glory of YHWH he would naturally ask for, since he knew the Cross was coming. He sweat great drops of blood, remember?
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5757 Feb 6, 2013
Jesus created all things?

Genesis account: YHWH created all things. So either:

1) Jesus was in there somehow also creating, the story just neglected to mention him...
2) Maybe Col 1 means something else.

15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

The word 'by' in the Koine means more prominently,
'by means of' or 'by agency of'.

By the agency of Christ all things in the new creation will be harmonized by and through Christ.
The lamb will sleep next to the lion.

But Christ did not create all things. He created maybe 50 gallons of wine from water once. That one I concede.

Genesis says the Father created all things. Genesis is correct. And it is the whole story too, at least of the beginning of the cosmos.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5758 Feb 6, 2013
I lived to tell the truth wrote:
REVELATION 22:
8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me. 9 But he said to me,“Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your fellow prophets and with all who keep the words of this scroll. Worship God!”
How can the HH elder’s set themselves up to be Jesus coming in the flesh on this earth when the Holy Scriptures forbid anyone from doing such a blasphemous act?
There is not one Holy Scripture that states a man will take the place of Jesus Christ. Not one of the Apostles ever went near such a thought.
If Jesus was God in Spirit, rather the Holy Spirit encased in flesh, although not gnostically, but substantially...

meaning that Jesus was a man unprecedentedly annointed to be a prophet of prophets, the highest priest among successive high priests, a king of kings and a Lord of lords...

it is theoretically possible for annointed men to claim they are 'Jesus in the flesh'.

It is only to the absolute degree we take this. Paul said to fear in his absence as if he were present...working out our salvation with fear and trembling, the trembling taking out any semblance of rationalizing away this fear which he really meant.

The question is whether or not we equate HH leaders with the actual annointing of Paul. I say this is a faith thingy, and somewhat idealistic from both ends.

From the perspective of the acolyte who WANTS an annointed leader.

From the perspective of the leader who WANTS submission to himself and unity among his 'sheep'.

It is a matter of degree. And I think they have the pot cooking too hot, personally. Even among UPC this concept though is consistent. Also the Apostolics believe in leadership annointing.
But neither take this concept as far as HH.

All know inherently the faith of each one will vary in accordance to their consciences.

"Jesus in the flesh" is not biblical as they state it. But the concept underlying is also not entirely false.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5759 Feb 6, 2013
In other words, "Jesus in the flesh" is really the "Comforter indwelling among us," the leaders having
the annointing to at least say,'go left','go right','stop','go fast'.

This Comforter being "Jesus" because it comes in the name of Jesus.

This Comforter being owned and operated firstly by YHWH.

UPC:

The Holy Ghost is not a third person in the Godhead, but rather the Spirit of God (the Creator), the Spirit of the
resurrected Christ. The Holy Ghost comes to dwell in the hearts and lives of everyone who believes and obeys
the gospel, as the comforter, Sustainer, and keeper (John 14:16-26; Romans 8:9-11).

They have it almost correct, the only problem being that if Christ is not YHWH, then how is the Spirit of both?

Baaah don't know everything. He only knows Jesus is not YHWH. YHWH is a personal name for our One True God. Who has one mind and will. God-mind. God-will.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5760 Feb 6, 2013
Think on this: What would the greatest man-given catalyst for Reformation in the SPIRIT be, in this age?

How about returning to the One True God of the Hebrews?

Did not Jesus AFFIRM SHEMA in Mark 12? Was there ANY
implication that he was claiming deity in this passage??

Shema is key today as it ever was. Recite it a few times...your whole world will change.

And YHWH will bless us back. Amen.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5761 Feb 6, 2013
Don't take MY word for it...

Among UPC Joel Hemphill was the man annointed
to bring this revelation of the age to all who will listen...

A bona fide pastor registered and laid hands on.

The voice of Reformation for this age.
Baaah

Austin, TX

#5762 Feb 6, 2013
And a Remnant of the remnant will be together

in one place where the Righteous Ones reside.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kernersville Area Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sunshine littrell aka sunny (Jul '13) Apr 24 may 5
News Former Sheriff Gerald Hege Files to Run Again (Feb '10) Apr 22 Sherman 149
News Filling the Need: Orthodontist one of few who a... (Sep '06) Apr 21 sweet 1 336
Melody Ann Shepherd Apr 19 Good deed is puni... 1
I am looking for the best divorce attorney I ca... (Aug '13) Apr 17 calebhart54 10
michelle Apr 15 hello 1
rev.Williams (Aug '13) Apr 15 Jacquelyn 7
More from around the web

Kernersville Area People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]