Show support by coming together for MCHS

Mar 3, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Williamson Daily News Online

Acceptance is a hard thing for a lot of people, but it's time for many adults in our community to accept the fact that there is NO MORE Williamson High School and sadly, it will never exist again due to all the economic and political events that are taking place in our area.

Comments
1 - 20 of 96 Comments Last updated Apr 8, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
wilson

Prestonsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

okay, just because you fell in love with Mingo Central, please stay off your soap box and do not belittle those of us who choose not to be so defensive over the school. And I assure you, I did not receive quite so many accolades as you from ms. harris. You know you got anything you wanted because of your little camera. And if the school was done correctly, they would have appropriated the funding for all those other fields before they opened the stupid school. It is not the responsibility of the local "supporters" to complete the facility. BTW,support what?? The great fb, bb and bb teams that seem to be pouring out of here? Sorry son, but the crowds are going to get smaller in basketball as we do not have anything coming up for a long time.
1 post removed
LMFAO

Holden, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

MCHS Class of 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>Good god, another loser stuck in the past. Grow up. Those that are stuck in the past never succeed in life. The guy who wrote the article put it as diplomatically as possible, yet still called the adults in the county a bunch of drunken, backwards losers who barely graduated high school themselves, yet think they are experts on the local schools and what's best for the future of the county. He was dead on right.

However, let me give you some fair warning, you simpleton. The best and brightest at the school right now are going to graduate, head off to college, and never look back at this swill of a county. I'm outta here sparky, and quite frankly can't wait to get away from my disgusting family members who couldn't add two plus two if their sorry lives depended on it. I am not alone. Dozens of us walking the halls right now are thinking the same thing.

The local govt leaders in the county are corrupt and ignorant and the school board administration has the combined IQ of an old sow. The school as it is now is adequate but that's still better than nothing. What we had was horrible compared to thousands of other high schools in other states around the country who over the years built bigger and better than the buffoons in our past could ever comprehend.

Face it, this county is dead. The populace is basically stupid, on drugs, and on govt assistance. The graduates who hang around after graduation are too stupid and ignorant to do anything with their lives or to even know better.

I cannot wait for graduation. I will be the one with the huge smile on my face as I know I will be weeks from leaving this dump for good and leaving the likes of people like you in my rear view mirror.
Why am I not surprised? It's another self righteous drone from MCHS.
xxxx

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

First of all, how about when they built the new school at Naugatuck, Tug Valley, they still haven't got the new football field that they where promised too...... Build it first before the new school gets anything, yea right....
old school

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Nothing but a big mistake from the very beginning.
MHS_MCHS

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

xxxx wrote:
First of all, how about when they built the new school at Naugatuck, Tug Valley, they still haven't got the new football field that they where promised too...... Build it first before the new school gets anything, yea right....
The Football Stadium at Mingo Central High School was not built by the county, not one penny of tax payer's money was used. Why haven't TV got sponsor's together like Mingo Central did and raise money for the field or get a local Sponsor to built it for them. James "Buck" Harless Stadium was built by no other than James "Buck" Harless.

As far as the article, Wes was right on, time to move on. You can either sit at home and whine about your school not been open anymore or you can come out and support these kids that come from each area, some maybe from YOUR area. Never know, you might have more school spirit for the Miners than you ever had for the Lions, Tigers, Bulldogs, or the WolfPack. Soo give it a chance. GOOOO MINERS!!!
WONDERING

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

WONDER WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BUTCH WEST CHAINING HIS SELF TO DOORS AT WHS? I KNEW WHEN I READ IT A FEW YEARS AGO IT WAS A POLITICIAN TALKING AN NO WAY WAS HE GOING TO DO THAT. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY CHAINING HIMSELF TO FRONT DOORS AN EVERYBODY JUST LEAVING HIM THERE. NO INTEREST IN WHAT HE WAS DOING NO PICS NO NEWSPAPER ARTICLES NO TV STORYS JUST HIM CHAINED TO THE SCHOOL.LOL AN HOPEFULLY THROWING KEYS AWAY WHEN HE FIRST DONE IT. THEN ABOUT 6 MTHS LATER GIVING HIM ALL THE PUBLICITY HE WANTED BUT HE STILL REFUSES TO LEAVE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A STORY. BUT EVERYONE KNEW HE WOULD NOT DO THAT. JUST A LYING POLITICAN NOT DOING WHAT HE PROMISED. I KNOW FOR SURE HE IS THE ONLY POLITICAN TO LIE. NEVER IN MY DAYS HAVE I EVER HEARD A POLITICAN LIE JUST HIM. NOW IF ANYONE COULD DO A STORY ON THIS WHAT WOULD HE SAY I LYED OR I FIBBED HE SHOULD HAVE CHAINED HIMSELF TO WHS AN THE SCHOOL WOULD BE STILL OPEN. HE LET THE PEOPLE OF WILLIAMSON DOWN. WHAT A RIVALRY WHS VS. MCHS IF ONLY ONE MAN HAD CHAINED HIMSELF TO WHS IT WOULD HAVE NEVER CLOSED. SO SAD ONE CHAIN ONE LOCK N WHS WOULD STILL BE THE TOWNS WOLFPACK THE PRIDE OF WILLIAMSON STILL OPEN.
WolfPack

Apollo, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

WONDERING wrote:
WONDER WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BUTCH WEST CHAINING HIS SELF TO DOORS AT WHS? I KNEW WHEN I READ IT A FEW YEARS AGO IT WAS A POLITICIAN TALKING AN NO WAY WAS HE GOING TO DO THAT. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY CHAINING HIMSELF TO FRONT DOORS AN EVERYBODY JUST LEAVING HIM THERE. NO INTEREST IN WHAT HE WAS DOING NO PICS NO NEWSPAPER ARTICLES NO TV STORYS JUST HIM CHAINED TO THE SCHOOL.LOL AN HOPEFULLY THROWING KEYS AWAY WHEN HE FIRST DONE IT. THEN ABOUT 6 MTHS LATER GIVING HIM ALL THE PUBLICITY HE WANTED BUT HE STILL REFUSES TO LEAVE THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A STORY. BUT EVERYONE KNEW HE WOULD NOT DO THAT. JUST A LYING POLITICAN NOT DOING WHAT HE PROMISED. I KNOW FOR SURE HE IS THE ONLY POLITICAN TO LIE. NEVER IN MY DAYS HAVE I EVER HEARD A POLITICAN LIE JUST HIM. NOW IF ANYONE COULD DO A STORY ON THIS WHAT WOULD HE SAY I LYED OR I FIBBED HE SHOULD HAVE CHAINED HIMSELF TO WHS AN THE SCHOOL WOULD BE STILL OPEN. HE LET THE PEOPLE OF WILLIAMSON DOWN. WHAT A RIVALRY WHS VS. MCHS IF ONLY ONE MAN HAD CHAINED HIMSELF TO WHS IT WOULD HAVE NEVER CLOSED. SO SAD ONE CHAIN ONE LOCK N WHS WOULD STILL BE THE TOWNS WOLFPACK THE PRIDE OF WILLIAMSON STILL OPEN.
The powers that be wanted WHS closed, more so than the other schools. They knew Williamson people would give them a fight though. How can we get over this hurdle, they asked themselves? I know, one of them said one day! It's simple, destroy their school pride by letting the building & sports run down, destroy the curriculum by dropping advanced courses, destroy enrollment forcing kids to leave for Belfry, and the combined tactics will destroy the reputation of WHS. After a few years of this, most of the WHS community will want it closed, too.

As you are well aware-it worked!!!
mingo centrail

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

wes is right on with what he wrote. the kids are getting along great togather. as far as football goes most people dont even know that its hard to start 9,and 10, graders and win . but to go 5and 5and still make the playoffs says a whole lot about these young men .none of them had lifted weights and they were just not as strong as seniors .but that was last year .but now theres about 30 kids lifting hard, a few of them are benching 300lb, and about 12 of the kids are leg pressing over 1,100lbs and about all of them are benching over 200lbs and leg pressing 900lbs so we are going to be better .all the other sports will do better to folks may not belive it but all the kids at mchs has a lot of pride and there all striveing to get better. SO GO MINERS PROVE ALL THE DOUBTERS WRONG.
old tiger

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

i myself was thrilled to see the consolidation and move on to bigger things. but have you noticed that nothing has been done since the first year. the football stadium parking lot is still not paved and is a big mudhole, no baseball field, etc. and did you know the community action program wanted to purchase the old williamson high school but the county commision wanted the building. i would be willing to bet that a private school is in the planning stage somewhere.
mingo centrail

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

old tiger wrote:
i myself was thrilled to see the consolidation and move on to bigger things. but have you noticed that nothing has been done since the first year. the football stadium parking lot is still not paved and is a big mudhole, no baseball field, etc. and did you know the community action program wanted to purchase the old williamson high school but the county commision wanted the building. i would be willing to bet that a private school is in the planning stage somewhere.
i would have to agree with you. i would say that will happen but i dont belive it will amount to much. but on the other hand i hate to matewans school and gym going down i heard that the town did not want it so its hard telling what will happen to it.
WolfPack

Holden, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

old tiger wrote:
The Commission is actually going to use the building to relocate some offices. I think the library & health department will be relocated too. It was in the WDN a while back. I'll try to find the article and post it. I seriously doubt a private school is in the works because the close proximity of BHS is too much competition.
thorough

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

This is for those "special" kind of stupid people. When the state pays for school construction, they NEVER include athletic fields. IF you want athletic fields, pass a bond levy or bake some cookies.

As for TVHS, why waste $2.5 million of a bridge to nowhere? Bus them to the new school and waste your money in one spot.
lol

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

MCHS Class of 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good god, another loser stuck in the past. Grow up. Those that are stuck in the past never succeed in life. The guy who wrote the article put it as diplomatically as possible, yet still called the adults in the county a bunch of drunken, backwards losers who barely graduated high school themselves, yet think they are experts on the local schools and what's best for the future of the county. He was dead on right.
However, let me give you some fair warning, you simpleton. The best and brightest at the school right now are going to graduate, head off to college, and never look back at this swill of a county. I'm outta here sparky, and quite frankly can't wait to get away from my disgusting family members who couldn't add two plus two if their sorry lives depended on it. I am not alone. Dozens of us walking the halls right now are thinking the same thing.
The local govt leaders in the county are corrupt and ignorant and the school board administration has the combined IQ of an old sow. The school as it is now is adequate but that's still better than nothing. What we had was horrible compared to thousands of other high schools in other states around the country who over the years built bigger and better than the buffoons in our past could ever comprehend.
Face it, this county is dead. The populace is basically stupid, on drugs, and on govt assistance. The graduates who hang around after graduation are too stupid and ignorant to do anything with their lives or to even know better.
I cannot wait for graduation. I will be the one with the huge smile on my face as I know I will be weeks from leaving this dump for good and leaving the likes of people like you in my rear view mirror.
While you're not wrong, know that in the grand scheme graduating high school is no achievement, it's a baseline requirement for any type of success. It's easy to feel superior in Mingo if you have half a brain. Everyone everywhere else has a college degree, and they all want the jobs you want. There's always going to be a ton of other "best and brightest," and jobs worth a damn are more and more difficult to find. I don't envy your generation one bit because being intelligent and hard working just isn't enough to guarantee anything anymore. Good luck.
nemesis

Elkview, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

When I graduated, you could go to Cleveland or Detroit, and get a job in the Auto Industry. Now, that "escape valve" is gone, NAFTA sent these jobs to Mexico. There are people from India and China standing in line for the jobs you're going to train for. The competition is intense, get up early and be first out of the starting blocks.
GHS

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

I will always be a lion at heart. However, I will and do back the miners 100%. Things change. People just need to try to accept it.
Please

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

thorough wrote:
This is for those "special" kind of stupid people. When the state pays for school construction, they NEVER include athletic fields. IF you want athletic fields, pass a bond levy or bake some cookies.
As for TVHS, why waste $2.5 million of a bridge to nowhere? Bus them to the new school and waste your money in one spot.
TVHS deserves it, that's why! We will not bus our kids to the end of the earth, we have a great school with great traditions. Thanks
lol

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

The busing issue is just something you going to have to deal with when you live in such a rural area like Mingo. There can't be a school in every town.
nemesis

Elkview, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

You have to ride a cow path from Williamson to the school, and with the funding gone, the road will never be completed in our lifetime. We have a school that's in Oz, and a road that goes to nowhere. Real smart planning-no?
vison

Inez, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Years ago America was not even a name, just a vision and dream. The path was watery and took months but someone had the vision and dream. Road to nowhere will not always be that, the cow path for Williamson kids and others are what others had to take before this school. In today's world schools should be about opportunity. Low number of students required consolidation in order to have more than bare meaningless classes. Why didn't the Williamson people start a school if so against Oz? Of course their way of life would require change because of the cost-----but still, no cow path. Let's see what happens in 10 years to Oz. A dream doesn't happen overnight. Advancement takes time and courage----and even more scarier-----change.
REDBYRD

Lillington, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

As time goes by change is a necessity, however....Had the powers that be, thought through this deal they could have come up with a better solution. Why not have a school on top....under the unbrella have each individual school, Gilbert high, Matewan High, Burch High, etc and run it as individual schools, therefore have teams from the individual schools, and the students can have the opportunity of playing sports, etc.....for their team. Of course, this would only work if the students would cooperate, and not make it out to be an all out war at the school. Keep the spirit and the competition on the fields and do not brawl in the hall ways...Asking to much? Most likely, but why not give it a try. It does work in other places.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kermit Discussions

Search the Kermit Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
4 Letter Word Game lol (Feb '09) 17 min Country Girl 5,796
Last word game (Apr '10) 19 min Country Girl 4,584
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) 20 min Country Girl 6,047
New Game*** Last Word++2 (Mar '12) 20 min Country Girl 2,337
WV How To Open A Beer With A Banana 34 min yezz 112
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Tell me 56,422
Railroaders that cheat 1 hr Horsetrader 7
•••
•••
•••
Kermit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kermit Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••