welfare home visits
question

Richmond, VA

#1 Mar 31, 2012
Was wondering what happens during a welfare home visit. I receive benefits and they are going to come out and do a home visit. What do they do? What kinds of questions do they ask? What are they looking for? Etc.
answer

Inez, KY

#2 Apr 1, 2012
Basically they just want to make sure you live where you say you live and who lives in the home I don't think it's a big deal but if they show up without an appointment you don't have to let them in it says so in the questionnaire you fill out at the office
jojo

Rupert, WV

#3 Apr 5, 2012
If you refuse to let them in you will lose your benifits, i know a girl that just lost her rent being paid because she refused, so if you receive housing you better let them in, they are mainly looking for everything to be working.
knows the truth

Switzer, WV

#4 Apr 6, 2012
question wrote:
Was wondering what happens during a welfare home visit. I receive benefits and they are going to come out and do a home visit. What do they do? What kinds of questions do they ask? What are they looking for? Etc.
Honestly ,you sound way to intelligent to stay on welfare...Your sentences and spelling are far better than mostof the post on TOPIX....GOOD LUCK.....

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 8, 2012
If you just are having a home visit for benefits and not housing then you dont have to let them in. they are there to verify that you live there and that there is actually a home where you say you live. But I wouldnt suggest hanging out in the front yard acting like you live there if you dont. They will get suspicious and they also ask the neighbors if that is where you live. They only come out if you draw a check. They also want to know who else lives there. They will ask the neighbors that too.
YEAH YEAH YEAH

Victorville, CA

#6 Jan 15, 2013
I am curious also, They are coming out to my house on the 31st of this month. I am actually super nervous they are checking to see if my husband is living here (which he is not we are currently separated.) He still has unopen mail here and has yet to come get the rest of his stuff. Will that be held against me? We are doing this process slow and while our child is in school since he is able to understand what is going on we do not want to push all this on him at once but eventually he will realize that his dad is not living in the home. I thought they were not allowed to question your neighbors?
BSht

Williamson, WV

#7 Jan 16, 2013
YEAH YEAH YEAH wrote:
I am curious also, They are coming out to my house on the 31st of this month. I am actually super nervous they are checking to see if my husband is living here (which he is not we are currently separated.) He still has unopen mail here and has yet to come get the rest of his stuff. Will that be held against me? We are doing this process slow and while our child is in school since he is able to understand what is going on we do not want to push all this on him at once but eventually he will realize that his dad is not living in the home. I thought they were not allowed to question your neighbors?
Sounds like the classic, Im separated scheme, to defraud the government and more importantly the people who pay taxes! Blast it on topix to make yourself look like a bigger idiot.
parent

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Jan 17, 2013
question wrote:
well i know one thing. they will turn you in to the court if your kids are missing school and then the school board and the court will fine you $500 cause you didn't send your kids to school better get smart and man up
lala

Charleston, WV

#9 Jan 17, 2013
yes and if they want to they will seen them of and if the welfare is coming to your houde i bet aome one call and told lies.but don;t worry if house is clean and u have food and kids go to school.ube ok
Rick

Prestonsburg, KY

#10 Jan 17, 2013
jojo wrote:
If you refuse to let them in you will lose your benifits, i know a girl that just lost her rent being paid because she refused, so if you receive housing you better let them in, they are mainly looking for everything to be working.
Hey, they are strict and check on you often. They also call the school to check on you kids attending school.
Taxpayer

Williamson, WV

#11 Jan 18, 2013
They come in and drug test you and everyone in the household. Then they make you explain why you get to live somewhere free and get everything free while the drug free people who pay your way are busting they're ass and barely paying they're bills while trying to finish school and support they're own family the real American way. Then they take your handouts away and tell you to get a damn job, no wait that's what they should do. I'm sorry.
Taxpayer

Williamson, WV

#12 Jan 18, 2013
This post right here is why we're paying for so many freeloaders. You all get together and trade tips on what they want to see. If you get laid off and draw unemployment you have to try and find a job. Why don't they make people on welfare do this? And when you find a job you should have to pay it back. That might curb away some of these lifers who are setting the example and raising they're kids to follow in they're footsteps. Talking about the kids being in school. Now that's funny. When the person that's supposed to be they're role model is showing them the opposite of what education and hard work can get you. Why do you need that right? Especially when you can rely on the hardworking and educated to pay so much of your way that you live more comfortably than they do. If anyone deserves help its the people who are actually going to be productive citizens.
Bullsht

Peach Creek, WV

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Just because you "paid taxes" you act like your intitled to some type of voice over the population. What are you gonna do if you get injured on the job? file for workers comp, Hell if you ask me its like everyone that "pays taxes" is jealous of the people thats no so fortunate, Thats like looking at a kid in the cancer ward and saying "i wish i had cancer so I can get all the attention" i mean wtf, I bet you was the kid that didn't share his toys growin up right, Yeah theres alotta people that abused the system but thats no different that you *tax payers* claming other peoples children just to get the child credit. Like I said some people abuse the system, but others may no have all the lavish luxuries your so accustom to like a home, not a rented place but a HOME, a vehicle, people that gives a f*ck if your alive or dead, some of us don't have that so stfu about ur b!tch a$$ payin taxes you probably cheated on n e wayz
hey

Williamson, WV

#14 Feb 15, 2013
There is nothing wrong with getting benefits if you need it....any of us could need help at any time, the economy is hard on everyone, especially now...There are numerous families that get "help" from the dhhr in different reasons, such as medical or food stamps...and i dont know about the rest of you, but i dont see a plethra of high paying jobs in the area...nothing wrong with getting help...two adults could work and have kids and still qualify for benefits...if you do qualify, take it, there is nothing wrong with that...as far as visits from the agency, its just a way of checking to make sure you live where you say you do. they dont look in cabinets or drawers or anything like that.....if you have nothing to hide, then don't worry. I don't condone living off the taxes of others and the people that do that, there is a way to know..the system knows who works and who doesnt...cut the ones that never work off, not the rest of us that try to make it...
some ppl are idiots

Cottageville, WV

#15 Mar 9, 2015
question wrote:
I have a home visit tomorrow for my first ever. I am in WV works program. And i think some of these responses are from pure idiots.I am in WV works bc i can no longer work due to hereditary diseases pertaining to my muscles and nerves and my spine and joints. I worked since i was 15 and legal to work, niw 26,i supported my family for 10 years after losing a child from neglect of care from the hospital when my newborn and her twisted bowel was ignored and overseen due to a narsicistic asshole of a dr, ready to go off shift. Unfortunately.. i cant work now.. and have surgery on my back in a few weeks..and yep..on wv works to help my family get by while my husband is a full time student after being severly depressed for 10 years...which school is helping him so much. I have been terrified and horrible anxiety over this home visit.. bc i dont know what to expect. I have a very nice and clean home.. but still the fear of the unknown is horrible. Some of us may just want to know what is going to happen simply for peace of mind...and we have paid and will pay our taxes. Just saying. Sorry for going off topic.:)
Working Man

Charleston, WV

#16 Mar 10, 2015
Bullsht wrote:
Just because you "paid taxes" you act like your intitled to some type of voice over the population. What are you gonna do if you get injured on the job? file for workers comp, Hell if you ask me its like everyone that "pays taxes" is jealous of the people thats no so fortunate, Thats like looking at a kid in the cancer ward and saying "i wish i had cancer so I can get all the attention" i mean wtf, I bet you was the kid that didn't share his toys growin up right, Yeah theres alotta people that abused the system but thats no different that you *tax payers* claming other peoples children just to get the child credit. Like I said some people abuse the system, but others may no have all the lavish luxuries your so accustom to like a home, not a rented place but a HOME, a vehicle, people that gives a f*ck if your alive or dead, some of us don't have that so stfu about ur b!tch a$$ payin taxes you probably cheated on n e wayz
Workers comp is something that workers pay into in case they get hurt.

A lot of people drawing welfare never paid into anything. All they do is take, take, take.

You should not even compare the two.

Jealous? I suppose some people are jealous of people that get to lay at home while they are out working and scraping to get buy every day. Not really fair now is it?
Disbelief

Logan, WV

#17 Mar 21, 2015
Working man I understand what you are saying- my spouse and I both worked for 39 and 40 years full time and both worked summers starting when we were 16 years old. Have seen families from the age of 16 or 18 start having families and never hold down a job or the woman stayed home and drew benefits and had a live in that worked which his income wasn't turned in. All wrong ! They took vacations every year, had nice vehicles, atv's, etc. while my spouse and I struggled just to keep our bills paid and keep two vehicles on the road, do we could work. Those kids on the welfare caught school clothing vouchers but we had to find the extra money or charged our kids school clothes. But their kids had the name brand shoes. Go figure. I know all do not fit into this same scenario but this is what I witness near my home. But I have seen some pretty bad sites of children in the public that could really used help.
bubs

Brooklyn, NY

#18 May 29, 2015
Taxpayer wrote:
This post right here is why we're paying for so many freeloaders. You all get together and trade tips on what they want to see. If you get laid off and draw unemployment you have to try and find a job. Why don't they make people on welfare do this? And when you find a job you should have to pay it back. That might curb away some of these lifers who are setting the example and raising they're kids to follow in they're footsteps. Talking about the kids being in school. Now that's funny. When the person that's supposed to be they're role model is showing them the opposite of what education and hard work can get you. Why do you need that right? Especially when you can rely on the hardworking and educated to pay so much of your way that you live more comfortably than they do. If anyone deserves help its the people who are actually going to be productive citizens.
First off when u go on welfare its mandatory you go to a back to work program everyday from 9-5 . secondly its easy for ppl to say what they say when they are not put in a rough situation . try having kids and not being able to find a baby sitter to be able to work. Not everyone lives home with mommy having free babysitting assholeesssss
breedenman

United States

#19 May 29, 2015
Taxpayer wrote:
They come in and drug test you and everyone in the household. Then they make you explain why you get to live somewhere free and get everything free while the drug free people who pay your way are busting they're ass and barely paying they're bills while trying to finish school and support they're own family the real American way. Then they take your handouts away and tell you to get a damn job, no wait that's what they should do. I'm sorry.
You told the truth there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kermit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swinging on the weekends 25m19f lookin for a co... 2 hr bidh 2
Pedophile Billy Bob fight 5 hr sissy 6
Need dentures 7 hr bobby 2
Ralphy West 13 hr Curious 6
Attention All Kermit Area Residents 17 hr LONGER THE BETTER 5
News Mingo 911 mapping fiasco 19 hr For Sure 5
Kermit pig eyed fat women Jun 28 Breeden 6
More from around the web

Kermit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE