Taxpayer

Charleston, WV

#1 Feb 21, 2013
Please go to the polls on March 23 and vote NO on the tax levys.
IT WILL RAISE YOUR TAXES. We do not need the politicians with their hands on anymore of our tax dollars. VOTE NO ON MARCH 23.
Floyd

Logan, WV

#2 Feb 21, 2013
I will be there to cast my NO vote, hope everyone else pays attention to there local government. If you don't and you don't vote when you get your property taxes in July don't cry about it. Get out and vote, they get enough of the peoples money. I would also like to warn people to be sure and check your tax tickets when they send them out for you to pay they had someone's 2 vehicles added on to my taxes and didn't ask ,notify me or anything until they sent out my tax ticket. They just took taxes from someone with the same last name put them over onto mine. It took 2 trips of going to the tax dept to finally get it removed.
hey

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Feb 25, 2013
Taxpayer wrote:
Please go to the polls on March 23 and vote NO on the tax levys.
IT WILL RAISE YOUR TAXES. We do not need the politicians with their hands on anymore of our tax dollars. VOTE NO ON MARCH 23.
ok
Taxpayer

Charleston, WV

#4 Feb 28, 2013
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
ok
Before casting a vote either way for the bond levy, please see the article in today's WDN by Mr. Duty, President of the Mingo County Board of Education. As for me, I will VOTE NO. But I think his article will shed some light on where our money goes to and who has the control on how the money is spent. I personally do not want anymore of my tax dollars in the hands of the politicians. They have enough control over us already.
Mingo Citizen

Bruno, WV

#5 Mar 2, 2013
would like to let everyone know what is in the Fire Levy and the School Bond Levy proposed for vote on March 23, 2013.
The Fire Levy is the exact levy that was proposed last year. The rates are 2.34 cents for every $1000.00 value of Class I property, 4.68 cents per $1000.00 value of Class II property, 9.36 cents for every $1000.00 value of Class III property and 9.36 cents for every $1000.00 values of Class IV property. Assume you own your home and it is valued at $75,000.00 which includes all your household goods you will have to pay a fee of $35.10 on your home and household goods, then assume you just purchased a new vehicle for $36,000 you will have to pay an additional $33.69 for this. Adding these together you will be paying $68.79 additional in taxes just for the fire levy fees. How many homes are only worth $75,000 including everything in your home and out buildings? If yours are worth more then your tax would be greater.

Now let look at the School Levy. The first page says this levy is not an increase in taxes, but if you go to the second page it says "additional money derived from and increase in levy funds", then on to the last paragraph is says " The proposed additional rate of levy on each class of property per $100.00 of valuation of such property shall be as follows: Class I 22.95 cents, Class II 45.90, Class III 91.80, and Class IV 91.80"
Let's assume then we own the same property as in the fire levy then we will have a tax rate on our homes of $258.82, on our vehicle $330.48. This would give us a new tax of $589.30 just of the School levy. If we add these together we will be hit with a new tax on our property of $658.09, and that is only if your property is worth what I have listed.
Why do you think Williamson is keeping this election hide and not letting our the information contained in these new levies? They don't want us to know what is being voted on in hopes no one will get out and vote. If you don't want higher taxes then get out and vote. I for one will be voting NO on both !!!
Mingo Citizen

Bruno, WV

#6 Mar 5, 2013
Mingo Citizen wrote:
would like to let everyone know what is in the Fire Levy and the School Bond Levy proposed for vote on March 23, 2013.
The Fire Levy is the exact levy that was proposed last year. The rates are 2.34 cents for every $1000.00 value of Class I property, 4.68 cents per $1000.00 value of Class II property, 9.36 cents for every $1000.00 value of Class III property and 9.36 cents for every $1000.00 values of Class IV property. Assume you own your home and it is valued at $75,000.00 which includes all your household goods you will have to pay a fee of $35.10 on your home and household goods, then assume you just purchased a new vehicle for $36,000 you will have to pay an additional $33.69 for this. Adding these together you will be paying $68.79 additional in taxes just for the fire levy fees. How many homes are only worth $75,000 including everything in your home and out buildings? If yours are worth more then your tax would be greater.
Now let look at the School Levy. The first page says this levy is not an increase in taxes, but if you go to the second page it says "additional money derived from and increase in levy funds", then on to the last paragraph is says " The proposed additional rate of levy on each class of property per $100.00 of valuation of such property shall be as follows: Class I 22.95 cents, Class II 45.90, Class III 91.80, and Class IV 91.80"
Let's assume then we own the same property as in the fire levy then we will have a tax rate on our homes of $258.82, on our vehicle $330.48. This would give us a new tax of $589.30 just of the School levy. If we add these together we will be hit with a new tax on our property of $658.09, and that is only if your property is worth what I have listed.
Why do you think Williamson is keeping this election hide and not letting our the information contained in these new levies? They don't want us to know what is being voted on in hopes no one will get out and vote. If you don't want higher taxes then get out and vote. I for one will be voting NO on both !!!
I am sorry but I listed the fire levy tax as being on every $1000.00 value, that should have read on every $100.00 value.
The Rat

Elkview, WV

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Don't give these SSI drawing fire fighters who can't even keep traffic flowing a red cent. As for the BOE that main office is loaded down with useless, overpaid thieves. Your kids won't see one cent of the increase. You would come out cheaper if you had to buy books. When is enough enough. Unfortunately, it will pass anyway.
come on

Elkview, WV

#8 Mar 8, 2013
you people kill me,, what the hell is $100.00 a year gonna hurt any of us when your dam house is burning down, don't start crying cause our local VOLUNTEER FD don't have any decent equipment to fight the fire with !!!! You expect prompt service when u need it, but to dam tight to give a little outta your pockets to help keep the FD up in half way decent equipment !!!!! Sorry asses !!!
Floyd

Logan, WV

#9 Mar 9, 2013
come on wrote:
you people kill me,, what the hell is $100.00 a year gonna hurt any of us when your dam house is burning down, don't start crying cause our local VOLUNTEER FD don't have any decent equipment to fight the fire with !!!! You expect prompt service when u need it, but to dam tight to give a little outta your pockets to help keep the FD up in half way decent equipment !!!!! Sorry asses !!!
And people like your sorry ass make me sick. Since when does the fire dept. not have equipment? Every damn time you turn around they are getting grants and they get money from peoples insurance companies when they are called out to a wreck or a house fire. This is not about equipment, that is a frigging joke. The politicians are just wanting the people of this county to provide a payday for the political favors they owe from the election. And by the way by the time they get out to most houses they are burnt to the damn ground already. Tell me how many houses they have saved and it is not because they don't have equipment. If you think they need so much more money and equipment then since you seem to be so well off then donate your pay check to them a couple times a year or 1 x a month. That is your prerogative but don't expect everyone else to do it by passing a levy. Most people in this county probably agree that we pay enough to Williamson. So feel free to donate all you want.
The Rat

Elkview, WV

#10 Mar 11, 2013
I agree with you Floyd.
creeker2

Bruno, WV

#11 Mar 11, 2013
Floyd you are so right, let's just hope more thinks the same way you do.
Taxpayer

Charleston, WV

#12 Mar 12, 2013
Keep this going until after the election on March 23. Just VOTE NO on both. Early voting has already started and will last until the 20th. SHOW the politicians we are not going to freely give them anymore money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kermit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal Cassell (Jun '14) 4 hr The one to slap y... 11
John rouse 7 hr The Past 10
Tug Fork Apts 7 hr Curious 3
News Emotional final meeting for current city council - 10 hr WontMissYa 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 12 hr Wotan 4,142
Jen tidwell 20 hr Why 9
maranda bowling (Dec '14) Fri Jenny 5

Kermit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance