Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Judged:

Just thought I would see who would like to share some good old memories. I enjoy strolling down memory lane sometimes. so , lets share!!
Some of my favorite teachers were:John Preece, Emmons Maynard, Leonard Crum, Suzanne Preece, LJ stepp,. As you can probably tell, I attended KHS in the late 70's - early 80's. Remember when we could get a sub and a pop at Giovannis for $1.25 ?
Remember the 5 minute breaks in between classes out back to smoke? Gosh!! Those cigarettes were passed around like a joint and would have fire on them 3 inches long from all the hot boxing and sharing ! Remember complaining because your locker was on 1rst floor and most all your classes were on 3rd? i miss the good ole days. I miss the dances, my friends, the teachers,(most of them have passed away now). I recall alot of kissing and hugging going on in the corners of the stairwells in between each floor. mmmm. lol
but it wasn;t ,,,mmmmm... if LJ Stepp caught you !it was,,,,,tighten up the butt cheeks and hang on !!!! lol ahhhh. the good ole days. Lets share. I know you ALL have good memories. Lets hear em!!
Sheila Marcum

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2009

Judged:

On Behalf Of Kermit There Having A Get Together As A Class Reunion From Everyone That Has Went To Kermit High There's Going To be Food Helecopter Ride's And More I Will Find Out The Date And Let You Know But I Hold Many Memorie's Of The Fight's And Great Time's We Shared Smokeing Behind The Stairwell's With my Friend's And Lj Stepp Caught Us And We Got A Hurting Like No Other..
susie yates messer

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Judged:

some of the best friends and a few not so good were made their along with alot of memories, yes i was there in the 70s when school was so much fun you could learn from teacher that you trusted to be teachers. the memories i have will not be on here but hey sheila we really did have fun. and those cigarettes were good to much kissing in the hall did seem to find me in the office oh.{ and jc really enjoyed them} by the way to all you guys that know me love you guys and thanks for the memories.
remembering

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2009

Judged:

even the food in the lunch room was good back then ! REMEMBER THE Pics on the walls when you first went in the doors? Everyone had someone on that wall that was a family member. Wonder who got all that stuff? I hope it wasn't destroyed. I know they are having a reunion, but it will not be the same with the school gone. I would love to stroll down those halls one more time !!
also remembering

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2009

Judged:

I also attended KHS in the 80's. Good times, great memories. Those good ole days are long gone. Sheila please let us know when and where. Thanks for posting.
KHS ALUM

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2009

Judged:

Kermit Centennial & Reunion for any person who ever attended KHS is scheduled for May 23, 2009 starting with a parade @ 11:00am and different activities going on until 8:30p.m. You can go to www.townofkermit.com and find out more. Also they have meetings every Monday @6:00pm at city hall concerning the reunion/centennial.
TSmith

Nashport, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Wow.... I wondered if anyone else ever thought about the old school.. I was so upset when I found out the school wasnt there anymore. I cryed when I drove through. I had moved in my senior year of 1986. I went six years there and had my first love there and my first kiss and used to smoke out back too!! And yes the $1.25 meal at Giovannis was great. My absolute favorite teacher back then was Mr. Maynard (RIP) and I really miss those times. I can honestly say those were the only times I felt like I was "at home". After I moved nothing was ever the same.... I miss those times and those friends. Wonder how everyone turned out too. I cant make it to the reunion but I sure wish I could.... Man that would be nice.
TSmith

Nashport, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Oh and one other thing I was thinking about.. Anyone remember when it was fun to walk to Lundy's during lunch break? You could get a pack of cigs, a candy bar and a soda for $2.00..lol Wow those were the days..lol
khsgrad

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

i was the last graduating class at the old high school and my most fond memories of the old school was watching eddie and james dominate on the hardwood. the old gym would be so packed that people would have to stand along the walls. to bad that tv doesnt have that kind of pride. when we made the state tournament was one of the most exciting and proud times i ever had there. i rode the bench but really enjoyed just being part of that great team
TSmith

Nashport, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

I remember going to the ball games alot too!! And we hollered and cheered and had a blast. And it is a shame, I agree, that there isnt that kind of pride very often anymore. There were standing room only nights in the old gym. Wow. Those were wonderful times. I have thought of them often. And its good to finally know i am not the only one..lol
remembering

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

Yea , I remember the walks to Lundys. And you could buy a pack of cigarettes no matter what age you were, My favorite teacher was also Maynard. I was a pretty decent student in school, I only skipped 1 time and guess where I hid out at? Lundys ! Me and another girl sat behind the counter and played cards all day . lol. The bus drivers.... Hercle Brewer,,, Lonnie Sartin,,,, Hubert May.,,,, Albert Perry,,,, I LOVE going back from time to time. Sweethearts dated FOREVER back then and friends DID NOT take each others lovers ! LOL .., Miss Lacy in home ec. Brenda Sammons in science, remember 3rd floor typing? Remember the office on the 1rst floor then moved to the 2nd? I wouldn't trade my memories for a million bucks. Miss Maggard in the library, I could go on and on and on
shhhhh

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Judged:

be quite.....lol.....j/k
TSmith

Nashport, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

OMG I know.... The first paddling I got was from Herb Muncy. He was out in the old auditorium. And everyone that looked out the school windows could see..lol The whole class got paddled cause no one would tell who spit a wad of paper at him. And I hated biology!!!! But I would not trade those memories for the world. They were what made us what we are today. And yes the typing room on third floor with Ms. Linville in there. I had SOP in there. Secretarial office procedures..lol And then when you had a best friend it was for real. You didnt lie or betray each other. And wow how i miss that now........
TSmith

Nashport, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

Oh and I hear that Mr. Pollinger still teaches choir..lol He is at tolsia high now. My cousin graduates there this year and she had the same teacher for choir that I had and she is 19 and I am 41...lol That blows me away..lol
Former student to

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

khsgrad wrote:
i was the last graduating class at the old high school and my most fond memories of the old school was watching eddie and james dominate on the hardwood. the old gym would be so packed that people would have to stand along the walls. to bad that tv doesnt have that kind of pride. when we made the state tournament was one of the most exciting and proud times i ever had there. i rode the bench but really enjoyed just being part of that great team
I was also in the last graduating class My home room teacher was Brenda Sammons I saw her a while back and she remembered me on sight it brought back so many memories for both of us I really mise all the teachers and all my old friends Linda,Kim,Paula,and all the rest if I left anyone out I miss you to.
debra preston brant

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

i went to kermit high in the 70s and tj hardin was the principal he was rough. ha glass eye and all. phyllis linville was my favorite techer and sue lacy.cecil stepp was a good one too. those were the good ole days . that will not be no more to many drugs now. they were then but we were innocent and didnt know whay a joint was back then

Since: Mar 09

Kinston, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Judged:

can ya remember malta osborne and reno osborne, mr hoke, the blue devils den, oscars,wow those were the days,
former student to

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Judged:

ugotmale wrote:
can ya remember malta osborne and reno osborne, mr hoke, the blue devils den, oscars,wow those were the days,
yes I remember them both I remember when I was in the 7th grade and Frank Brewer I think that was his name took her wig and hung it on the flag pole I felt sorry for her does anyone else remember that?.
remembering

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Judged:

Was that frank or dwayne brewer? That was a couple of years before me but yes I do remember them!! I also remember talk of Oscars ,,, But the Devils den? I never heard that one, please tell me about it. I graqduated in the early 80's so this was before me I suppose.
cool3

Abilene, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

Judged:

the devils den sounded like a cool place to hang. wished we had stuff like that now. we have no fun memories anymore at kermit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Kermit Forum right now

Search the Kermit Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 min Southern Comfort 53,903
Free wiener dog to a good home!!! (Apr '12) 5 hr gina 19
Bee 20 hr bigman 2
lori and jake belt (Feb '12) Sun Jason 18
Messer holler (Sep '10) Sat Butterfly 446
Who is? E Ferguson Newsome? Fri manof1 2
Marrowbone Jul 23 LaWL 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Kermit Jobs

•••