You opinion on them appointing Crums ...

You opinion on them appointing Crums Widow as New Sheriff?

Posted in the Kermit Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yourthoughts

Inez, KY

#1 Apr 4, 2013
wow,in shock
because

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2013
I thought u had to go to police academy to become an officer of the law
gina

Catlettsburg, KY

#3 Apr 4, 2013
It's not the first time that has happened...and no you don't...it's an elected official, how about showing some respect..she did just lose her husband.
Still

Inez, KY

#4 Apr 4, 2013
I know she lost her husband and I am sorry for that but you don't see all these miners wife's going and taking their hubby's job in the mines
gina

Catlettsburg, KY

#5 Apr 4, 2013
Still wrote:
I know she lost her husband and I am sorry for that but you don't see all these miners wife's going and taking their hubby's job in the mines
With all due respect to miners...they don't lay their lives down for the whole community, mostly their families...I'm saying I agree, I was pointing out that it is common.
josh

Williamson, WV

#6 Apr 4, 2013
she will do what is right and i rightfullly think it is the right thing to do is let her
Well

Logan, WV

#7 Apr 4, 2013
because wrote:
I thought u had to go to police academy to become an officer of the law
I believe that Sheriff Crum was the first Sheriff of Mingo County who had been to the Academy actually.

To be a Deputy you have to go. To be a Town Policeman you have to go.

To be a Sheriff or a Chief, you do not have to go.

What is wrong with that picture?
duh

Logan, WV

#8 Apr 4, 2013
politics as usual, nothing changes
FTW

Charleston, WV

#9 Apr 4, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that Sheriff Crum was the first Sheriff of Mingo County who had been to the Academy actually.
To be a Deputy you have to go. To be a Town Policeman you have to go.
To be a Sheriff or a Chief, you do not have to go.
What is wrong with that picture?
That is some crazy shit. You have to be trained to be a "soldier" but to be the boss all you have to be is a "good ol boy".
Daughter

Charleston, WV

#10 Apr 4, 2013
gina wrote:
<quoted text>
With all due respect to miners...they don't lay their lives down for the whole community, mostly their families...I'm saying I agree, I was pointing out that it is common.
I am a coal miner's Daughter. My dad passed away several years ago. He worked his whole life in the Coal mines so that we could have the conveniences that we have. And for you to say that coal miners do not lay down their lives for a community is just totally ignorant. Everyday that they entered into the mines their lives were in jeopardy, so that we could have what we have today.
Daughter

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 4, 2013
Oh and by the way to get back to the subject at hand here, I DO NOT AGREE with the appointment of Rosie Crum as sheriff. Most ignorant decision that the Mingo County Commission could ever have made. No disrespect the the family, I just think that they should at this time of turmoil, they should have chosen one the Deputies.
gina

Catlettsburg, KY

#12 Apr 5, 2013
Daughter wrote:
<quoted text>I am a coal miner's Daughter. My dad passed away several years ago. He worked his whole life in the Coal mines so that we could have the conveniences that we have. And for you to say that coal miners do not lay down their lives for a community is just totally ignorant. Everyday that they entered into the mines their lives were in jeopardy, so that we could have what we have today.
I'm sorry for your lose and didn't explain very good I guess...these people are who we call when we are being robbed or our house is burning or we've been in a wreck..then we bitch cause it took so long...public service men and women are very unappreciated and under paid...there's no doubt she is not calling all the shots and the people will RE-Elect a new sheriff, so I think of EMS,firefighters and police as the same as soldiers and should have the same respect...they are the ones fighting here at home and the ones we call on...again I'm sorry for your lose.
Well

Logan, WV

#13 Apr 5, 2013
What people fail to acknowledge about Policeman and Correctional Officers is that they face the scum of the earth every day so that we don't have to.

There are always a few bad apples here and there that give any group of people a bad name.

Nobody likes getting pulled over for speeding.

But all things considered, we should be very thankful for our men in uniform here at home.
True Dat

Charleston, WV

#14 Apr 5, 2013
Well wrote:
What people fail to acknowledge about Policeman and Correctional Officers is that they face the scum of the earth every day so that we don't have to.
There are always a few bad apples here and there that give any group of people a bad name.
Nobody likes getting pulled over for speeding.
But all things considered, we should be very thankful for our men in uniform here at home.
That's the reason why a real cop should be made sheriff. I think it's not only an insult to our intelligence by the county commissioners to appoint someone that is untrained and unqualified, its also an insult to the officers that work hard everyday to suggest that any housewife could do their job. Reminds me of the scene in the Clint Eastwood movie where he pins a badge and puts a hat on the midget, and the midget says, "look at me, I'm the sheriff and the mayor."
whats wrong

Whitman, WV

#15 Apr 5, 2013
The mingo county court house is a joke. The commissoners that appointed a house wife for a sheriff is a joke. What the hell is going on in mingo county. Is everybody in the court house got the mentality of a child. You don't put someone like that as a sheriff... there's is something wrong with the whole deal and after the sheriff's funeral the people in the county need to do something.....
gina

Catlettsburg, KY

#16 Apr 5, 2013
You people kill me..the sheriffs association and 2 deputies are running things, not the wife...it's only because her husband got murdered...you'll get your chance to vote a new one in.
INFO

Williamson, WV

#17 Apr 5, 2013
I agree with most of the above post that we needed someone within the law enforcement community to step in and continue business as usual. I am very simpathetic to her situation and feel for her family but in no way is she qualified to run the sheriffs office and one would have to think that she would make decisions on pure emotion having just lost her husband that is just human nature, clearly a bad decision for Mingo county.
Well

Logan, WV

#18 Apr 5, 2013
Nobody said anything before.

Mingo County has had a lot of Sheriffs with no law enforcement experience and didn't attend the academy.
info

Williamson, WV

#19 Apr 5, 2013
Well wrote:
Nobody said anything before.
Mingo County has had a lot of Sheriffs with no law enforcement experience and didn't attend the academy.
I'm not saying its never happened before but in my opinion they made a decision based on emotion and they are more qualified people within the force that should have been considered for the position. Just my opinion you know what they say about opinions they are like A__holes everybody has one.
Well

Logan, WV

#20 Apr 6, 2013
info wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not saying its never happened before but in my opinion they made a decision based on emotion and they are more qualified people within the force that should have been considered for the position. Just my opinion you know what they say about opinions they are like A__holes everybody has one.
True.

I don't think it was purely out of emotion though.

I think it was a symbolic measure to the drug dealers and druggies that nothing is going to stop the pressure on them.

Mingo County is devoted now more than ever to crack down on them with all the authority and resources they have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kermit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victoria Courts (Aug '10) 5 hr RainMan666 49
goodwill ,outrageous high priced 10 hr HUH 11
Create your own Forum 10 hr Truthful 314
New Game*** Last Word++2 (Mar '12) 18 hr Country Girl 3,097
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) 18 hr Country Girl 6,408
Woman in white car 23 hr Exxon woman 4
jennifer smith (Apr '12) Mon PantherPower77 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kermit Mortgages