Sand dunes at Monahans a stopping place for centuries

For more than 12,000 years, the sand dunes of Monahans, Texas, have been traveled through by man. Full Story
Jerry Foster

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Feb 23, 2006
How did they arrive at that figure? I lived in Monahans from 1957-1972, went to the dunes many times. Some say earth is millions years old, some say 6,000 yrs. I just wondered how they figured it. Thanks. Jerry Foster
Debra Hare

Brownwood, TX

#2 Aug 5, 2008
Me too
BizzyBody

United States

#3 Aug 6, 2008
they split the difference...west texas math...
yeh yeh

Austin, TX

#4 Sep 9, 2008
people should visit the monahans sandhills state park. texas State parks are amazing every one is different
okla

United States

#5 Apr 30, 2009
still a fun place to visit
anon

Monahans, TX

#6 Apr 30, 2009
Drawings found in a small cave on the outskirts of the dunes suggest it was frequented as far back as 10,000BC
dork

Monahans, TX

#7 Dec 1, 2010
anon wrote:
Drawings found in a small cave on the outskirts of the dunes suggest it was frequented as far back as 10,000BC
Just goes to show how the internets will corrupt even the sweetest little boys of our community! Check out the politness of one of anon's first posts!
Can't wait to see where your personality will be in 2012. Prior to the end of the Mayan calender of course!
anon

Monahans, TX

#8 Dec 1, 2010
Check the facts.
There are no caves near the dunes.
It's called "misinformation", and it is an enjoyable past time.
Thoughtful posts from me are rarely what they seem.
Check other posts from this time frame and before, I was already causing trouble for a few months before I posted this one.
dork

Monahans, TX

#9 Dec 2, 2010
Jerry Foster wrote:
How did they arrive at that figure? I lived in Monahans from 1957-1972, went to the dunes many times. Some say earth is millions years old, some say 6,000 yrs. I just wondered how they figured it. Thanks. Jerry Foster
This is the way they figured it out. Earth is 13.4 Billion years old!
Stan Peabody Phd., found what appeared to be a crystaline substance dangling right behind anon's tain't. After closer examination it was determined to be from his butt...... it was prehistoric Raptor DNA! It was carbon dated to 13.4 Billion years old...thus the age of the Earth!
Please go to the library if you require more answers to your questions. I have really got to get going now!
dork

Monahans, TX

#10 Dec 2, 2010
P.S. Above information was obtained through public records from WiKiLeaks
anon

Monahans, TX

#11 Dec 2, 2010
For someone that's already left, it sure does seem like you're still around.

“I AM THE ONE”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#12 Dec 2, 2010
I think the way he is saying that he has left, I think he means, he lost his peanut mind. You know his lights are on and nobody's home. Once a dork always a dork, don't change your name, dork.

“Boy Eats Own Foot”

Since: Aug 08

Kermit, Texas - Now Dallas

#13 Dec 3, 2010
Years ago there was a display at the museum in Kermit of a study that was done at the old Indian caves on the caprock right outside of Notrees in Winkler County. I seem to remember it said the drawings on the cave wall were carbon dated back to 13k years ago. About 25 years ago I spent the night out there and got to see the drawings. We built a big fire and drank a case of beer and in general had a pretty good time. Then the rancher ran us off. There are also depressions left in the rock where the Indians would grind corn and grains.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kermit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr fubar 22,579
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr fubar 18,346
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Gasman 566
kermit Sep 15 Joe 2
Old Kermit high school (Feb '08) Sep 14 Kayla 3
The Kermit Texas (Apr '09) Sep 14 Meow 11
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sep 14 That Fart Guy 676
•••
•••
Kermit Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Kermit Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Kermit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE