Reminisce of Teachers Past

Posted in the Kermit Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Grassley

Georgia, GA

#1 Jul 16, 2009
Funny the things that pop in your head when you're hard at work. Teachers from elementary school in Monahans. Does anybody remember Mrs. McClanahan? She taught first grade, I was in her class in the early 90's. She would yell and scream at us like we were animals. She had this hideous dress that looked like a parchute, it was bold primary colors, red, blue, yellow and green, its funny thinking of the old hag screaming at the top of her lungs in that dress at a bunch of 6 year olds. Then there was Mrs. Greenfield in 4th grade! YUCK! she was a two faced porker! Oh, and lets not forget Ms. Lindsey in 6th grade, who delighted in calling us heathens and idiots. These were my top 3 wretched elementary teachers of the 90's.
ratsas

Austin, TX

#2 Jul 16, 2009
Grassley wrote:
Funny the things that pop in your head when you're hard at work. Teachers from elementary school in Monahans. Does anybody remember Mrs. McClanahan? She taught first grade, I was in her class in the early 90's. She would yell and scream at us like we were animals. She had this hideous dress that looked like a parchute, it was bold primary colors, red, blue, yellow and green, its funny thinking of the old hag screaming at the top of her lungs in that dress at a bunch of 6 year olds. Then there was Mrs. Greenfield in 4th grade! YUCK! she was a two faced porker! Oh, and lets not forget Ms. Lindsey in 6th grade, who delighted in calling us heathens and idiots. These were my top 3 wretched elementary teachers of the 90's.
thats nothing, frank dotson was a gay nazi
remembering

United States

#4 Jul 16, 2009
Ms. Lindsey in 6th grade was one of my all time favorites!! Her and Mrs. Pevey. I had both of them the year the challenger exploded, Mrs. Pevey was an invited guest of Dick Scobee - one of the astronauts that died that day.:-( And in 3rd grade, Mrs. Scarbourough was awesome! The worst was Mrs Underriner in 4th!! She was a first year teacher and I don't think she was invited back for year 2!

Since: Oct 08

Fort Worth, TX

#5 Jul 16, 2009
OK, all you old timers.......who remembers Mrs. Bright? She taught 1st grade at Middleton.

My second grade teacher was Mrs. Hill. She also taught at Middleton.
anon

Monahans, TX

#6 Jul 16, 2009
Hey, I remember Mrs. Hill.
She never liked me though...
okkkk

United States

#7 Jul 16, 2009
Ms. Lindsey was my teacher in 6th grade ---all time fav...the one i hated was Mrs.Wolfe she was the meanest and the other was Mrs.Rivera and her stupid sidekick I just cant remember her name but she was a bitch (in 7th grade in the 90's) they used to sit in the hallway and talk about all the students..
okkkk

United States

#8 Jul 16, 2009
And Mrs. Hill didnt like anybody............
Painfully Amused

Monahans, TX

#9 Jul 17, 2009
I Will Never Forget The Day I Saw Mr. Hardaway Literally Pick up a Student While He Was Sitting In His Desk and Literally Shook Him Like a RagDoll In The Air Screaming and Yelling LOL - I'm Sure He'll Never Forget Our Faces Peeking Through The Top Glass Window of the Door. It Was Instant Horror!!!! If There Was Ever A Time to Literally SH_IT Your Pants - That Was It!!!! Big Old Monster of a Beast Man LOL

“Enlighten Me”

Since: Dec 08

USA

#10 Jul 17, 2009
The best teachers I ever had was Mrs. Yates at Middleton, Mrs. Dendy at Sudderth, Coach Bell at WJH and Mrs. Spoon in HS.

Austin, TX

#11 Jul 17, 2009
I had Coach Bell in Junior High. He was a great teacher! He was the only teacher I liked....besides Mrs. Zweiger (not sure about the spelling) but she was the art teacher.

I got my first and only spanking from Mrs. Hill.
I know

Monahans, TX

#12 Jul 17, 2009
spanking? sounds kinky

Austin, TX

#13 Jul 18, 2009
I attended elementary school when teachers could spank a student without parental consent and without the fear of being sued.

“Enlighten Me”

Since: Dec 08

USA

#14 Jul 18, 2009
I'm glad the policy has changed. Back then some teachers took their corporal punishment priviliges way out of hand. I remember Mrs. Redmon at Sudderth hurting a student, they had to get medical attention. I'm glad I didn't have her. I know my Mom would have tore her up.
Stormy

Irving, TX

#15 Jul 18, 2009
I had Mrs Lowe for 1st grade at Middleton Elementary and Mrs Hill for 2nd grade, loved them both! My all time favorite teacher was Mr Pearson in 5th grade at Sudderth Elementary. He let us set up our desks in sort of a cube like configuration, let us explore our creativity...he was awesome.

I hated Mrs Roeber's music class the year we had to square dance, yes square dance with the boys. I believe that was 5th grade.

Mr. Price my 6th grade teacher was a sweetheart and the teacher next door, Mr. Hare was the complete opposite. He used to sit at his desk, his cowboy boots up on the desk eating fresh jalapenos with salt. He was scary!

I know Mrs Lowe, Hill and probably Price have passed away, anyone know if Mr Pearson is still around?
Dick Disney

San Angelo, TX

#16 Jul 18, 2009
Tommie Dudley at Jr High, Mrs. Fyrne Estes in High School they were pretty awful.
both good and bad

United States

#17 Jul 18, 2009
Mrs Bullock Kindergarden She was a sweetheart, but firm
Mrs. Moss 1st grade She was a good teacher cot me cheating cuz i didnt understand math and helped alot
Dont remember my 2nd grade teacher I think i blocked her out since she traumatized me. I remember coloring a huge poster and we were all to color in the same direction, well i didnt i changed directions and she screamed and thru a fit in front of everyone,proceeding to humiliate me. I was relieved to go to mrs. Fletchers reading class, she was so pleasant.
Mrs. Lear She was a good teacher but i made myself hate her for sending me to Mr. Keltons Office for a spanking. I cried all day!! It was my fault for not getting my work done though.
School for me went downhill from there!!
Beatles fan 101

Sunnyvale, CA

#18 Jul 18, 2009
Do any of yall remember coach Earle.
anon

Monahans, TX

#19 Jul 18, 2009
Beatles fan 101 wrote:
Do any of yall remember coach Earle.
You must be, what, 20?
Doesn't he still teach here?
wow

Monahans, TX

#20 Jul 18, 2009
both good and bad wrote:
Mrs Bullock Kindergarden She was a sweetheart, but firm
Mrs. Moss 1st grade She was a good teacher cot me cheating cuz i didnt understand math and helped alot
Dont remember my 2nd grade teacher I think i blocked her out since she traumatized me. I remember coloring a huge poster and we were all to color in the same direction, well i didnt i changed directions and she screamed and thru a fit in front of everyone,proceeding to humiliate me. I was relieved to go to mrs. Fletchers reading class, she was so pleasant.
Mrs. Lear She was a good teacher but i made myself hate her for sending me to Mr. Keltons Office for a spanking. I cried all day!! It was my fault for not getting my work done though.
School for me went downhill from there!!
i had Mrs. Moss for readin n the 2nd grade... she gave me licks for breakin the lead on my pencil...

Any one remember Ms Body or brody?? i had her in the 1st grade...
Beatlesfan101

Sunnyvale, CA

#21 Jul 18, 2009
Your exactly right I'm 20 on the dot. But Coach Earle moved my freshman year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kermit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RCS Renovations (Aug '16) Oct 14 Alex 5
Spur motel Oct 13 Henry 7
Ashlie tacy and kenna Oct 13 Fyi 3
Bryan Zubia Oct 13 Maybe 1
HELP!! We need a place to place to rent for our... Oct 8 Jamie 1
child molesters (Jul '14) Oct 4 Henry 45
jimmy rollins (Mar '08) Oct 3 El PoPo 7

Kermit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance