Walmart May Be Coming to Kerman

Sep 4, 2009 Read more: CBS 47 24

It could mean more jobs for one Valley towna Walmart may be moving into the City of Kerman.The retail giant is looking at a 20 acre site at Whitesbridge and Golden Rod Avenues.It would be a 24-hour store that could bring about 300 new jobs to the area.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Liz

Merced, CA

#1 Oct 5, 2009
Kerman needs this business. We don't want Kerman to die like so many San Joaquin Valley towns.
Adam

United States

#2 Oct 27, 2009
Liz wrote:
Kerman needs this business. We don't want Kerman to die like so many San Joaquin Valley towns.
people move to kerman to live in a small town. Wal mart may bring some jobs but how many people are going to lose their jobs from local bussines having to close because they cannot compete with Walmart.
Bad move on letting Walmart come in. It will destroy what kerman is all about. I thought our motto was community first? Guess not. Kerman leaders get paid way too much and they spend money to benefit themselves. Not the town. Especially when the city manager doesn't even live in kerman.
Kerman resident

Fresno, CA

#3 Oct 27, 2009
Adam wrote:
<quoted
people move to kerman to live in a small town. Wal mart may bring some jobs but how many people are going to lose their jobs from local bussines having to close because they cannot compete with Walmart.
Bad move on letting Walmart come in. It will destroy what kerman is all about. I thought our motto was community first? Guess not. Kerman leaders get paid way too much and they spend money to benefit themselves. Not the town. Especially when the city manager doesn't even live in kerman.
I't time to celebrate im so Happy that Walmart is comming to town.I dont have to drive to Fresno everyweekend.and leave all my tax money over there. as for the local bussines they are all greedy,over charging on all of the items.Kudos to the City of Kerman for thinking about the community .
Adam

United States

#4 Oct 28, 2009
Dumb ass. They are not thinkif about the community. Hats ping to happen to all the empty stores? I hear that looks real nice.

I guarantee crime will go up as well. If you worked in kerman you would feel differently. Dot be greedy!
Resident

United States

#5 Oct 28, 2009
And what are you doing driving to Fresno every weekend. if you had any brains you would grab what you need In one trip.
I havnt been to Fresno in over a month and my family has everything they need. I guess that's what happens when you are smart about things
A Kerman Resident

Kerman, CA

#6 Nov 3, 2009
I try to shop in Kerman, but when you pay almost 50% more for a grocery item, it is cost effective to drive to Fresno to save 10%! If only the local businesses really did have "our town" in mind while they were ripping us off! So I suppose now they will all have to go to the French Riviera and enjoy all that money they made off the good citizens of Kerman. Good riddance I say!
Resident

United States

#7 Nov 6, 2009
They charge more because they are a smaller. I guess some people are just too stupid and selfish to look at the big picture.

I do see one great thing about wal mart coming to town. Takes a bunch of senior citizens off the road! Now that saves lives!
Kerman Lifer

Sacramento, CA

#8 Nov 21, 2009
WalMart is not the answer to our lack of jobs. We need some kind of manufacturing business to come to our town. Something that will be an addition to our community not a replacement for what we already have. There's no guarantee the prices you see at WalMart in Fresno are the same that will be on the products sold in Kerman! There are price differences between the stores in Fresno! You could be paying the same prices we already have but supporting a greedy retail giant that puts the bottom line above the health and welfare of it's backbone, it's employees. And won't it be interesting to see who will support our children's sports teams when WalMart is the only business left in town! We need to look at the big picture. Convinience isn't always the wisest deciding factor!
from kerman

Fresno, CA

#9 Mar 30, 2010
i will be happy for all the job opportunities, kerman 's becoming a hell hold because people don't have jobs and then people have to resort to slanging drugs, and forget local businesses do you think they worry about you
kerman resident

Oklahoma City, OK

#10 Jun 22, 2010
ive been here for years. kerman is makeing a huge mistake letting walmart in. that company hurts every small town it lands in. ive seen the proof.i travel alot and NO BODY likes walmart. but people are stuck with it because they have run all the others down to the ground. Kerman will be sorry. walmart is a very bad company.
Citizen

Folsom, CA

#11 Dec 25, 2010
kerman resident wrote:
ive been here for years. kerman is makeing a huge mistake letting walmart in. that company hurts every small town it lands in. ive seen the proof.i travel alot and NO BODY likes walmart. but people are stuck with it because they have run all the others down to the ground. Kerman will be sorry. walmart is a very bad company.
I think everyone here has the wrong idea. How will this kill our small town nature? I know I'll still go to valley food for groceries and renos or slumbergers. When my grandfather first had his store in Kerman almost 60 years ago, the arrival of (the precursor and chain store) of valley food moved in, people told him he was obsolete, and that his business would die. But business INCREASED. I think that we can use walmart to our advantage. It will only hurt us if we let it. Kerman isn't a small town anymore, we can't get by with what we have. We need walmart.
resident for a long time

Powder Springs, GA

#12 Feb 27, 2011
i agree with the over pricing issue!! have you ever walked into valley food center and looked at the prices, plus they only stay open til 9!! and since savemart left (they were overpriced as well) now vfc can charge whatever they want since its the only store in town, wal mart is a good idea, and people act like its gonna be in the middle of town. change is good, stop being so closed minded and think outside the box. my grandparents love walmart, and their at the age where they cant drive to fresno all the time to do their shopping, so if my grandma likes the idea, i like the idea!!
Recently moved back

Kerman, CA

#13 May 20, 2011
We do need a Walmart here and hopefully it will be our kids that work there, and our grandparents! We are paying increase prices for our groceries and whatever else we need here. I also go to Fresno, every weekend for what I need. I have a nice home and I like to cook, so yea, why not! I also like to shop. Have you seen Dos Palos, Firebaugh and Mendota lately? Hole in the wall places. Kerman is starting to look like like a border town. With the Prison coming in (employees moving here) and Wal Mart, we may be able to put this place back to where it was before the 1900's hit.

Our kids are running back and forth to Fresno, which isn't good, more money for gas, more time on the street! Nope we need jobs here!

If we all do our part, we can do this. As for violence, if you see it, report it. This morning, I had a red truck driving back and forth like a bat out of hell...call it in!

We all need to do our part, plant a flower, grow a tree, mow the lawn, water the lawn. Increase value! Make things happen!

R

Albert Gonzalez

Mount Morris, MI

#14 Jun 6, 2011
we need a walmart in Kerman. Kerman will not be the only one benefiting from this great walmart retail giant. Surrounding areas like San Joaquin Valley just like Tranquility, Biola, Firebaugh, Mendota, Dos Palos, purhaps even Coalinga will be includded in this great need of retail. Kerman needs to concider an take this serious, we need this business this is exactly how towns grow.
Albert Gonzalez

Mount Morris, MI

#15 Jun 6, 2011
And I also live in Kerman. Moved from BIG Salinas, California.....

Since: Jun 11

Kerman, CA

#16 Jun 16, 2011
We all know that walmart is not a place for a career, but if there is a temp. job for our kids, then let it happen.I have lived in Kerman for 14 years and I have found as my kids were growing up that our businesses here don't really strive to help out the kids that are getting ready to hit the job market. I have 2 kids already graduated in 2007 and 2010, both had to move out of town to find a job. They applied at fast food stores,Valley Food, rite aid and afew of the smaller stores. I am surprised that our businesses don't support in helping these kids get some kind of foundation in order to move on to the true careers they seek.I owned a business in the small town I came from and we gave our kids the opportunity to have a job to list on a resume when looking for another job later down the line.We gave each person 6 mon. to a year to work. If they chose to stay on,we created room for others.Employee turnover is something that always happens,so room is created for another kid to get a chance at having a job.They need someplace to start!! If there is a chance my two youngest kids can get a job at walmart, I will explain that there is no latter to climb there,but it will give them something to show for work history. We live in a small community...lets think about what our kids. We have businesses here in Kerman that will not hire them if they don't have a work history.
James

Kerman, CA

#17 Oct 11, 2011
Adam wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe stores should stop being stuck up and lower there prices instead of raising them just cause savemart left
Bad Karma

Kerman, CA

#18 Nov 9, 2011
Let's face it. Valley Food is too small, Save Mart is gone, and Garcia's just plain sucks because not all of us are bi- lingual. If our city leaders would go out and actively recruit a grocery chain to come to Kerman, we wouldn't need a super wal mart. I'll still shop at Slumberger, and I'll still get pizza from Me&Ed's. But Reno can go to hell because he has proven that he does not care one iota about the citizens of K-town.
Jered

Kerman, CA

#19 Nov 22, 2011
Finally.Walmart is coming.
our residents

Kerman, CA

#20 Jan 17, 2013
Im glad wal mart is here. im not from this overpriced town i only work here , THANK GOD...
our residents are looking foward to the opening of this great store. and i guarentee u that all thease blaber mouths that are complaining will b ther on the grand opening or when they want to save some money.. get over it..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kerman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fresnotruth.org (Jul '10) Mar 30 mismarla 4
News Fresno Deputy Chief Makes First Appearance In F... Mar 29 Summer Johnson 3
Vanessa Cerda? Mar 25 rudy 5
Review: Xtreme Auto Collision Mar 25 Benny 1
News Now that IS creepy: &#x27;Octomum&#x2... (Nov '09) Mar 25 huh my ash 2
Horrors behind the City of Fresno water scam / ... Mar 24 MissM of Fresno 1
News Fresno police: Maid finds 4-year-old girl alone... Mar 22 Disgusted 2
More from around the web

Kerman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE