arnette family information

arnette family information

Posted in the Keokee Forum

michigan arnettes

Spring Hill, FL

#1 Aug 21, 2011
Our mother Edith Bell Arnette Smith will most likely not make it through the night. She is the youngest child of the Rev Daniel G. Arnette and Emily Cordelia Arnette. The sister of Arville, Wentz, Clyde, John, Earnest Arnette, Ethel Wells, Ida Reynolds, Ruth Wade and Blanche Townsend. She is two months shy of her 94th birthday. Her death represents the end of the first Keokee Arnette family. Her children will miss hearing all the stories of her beloved Keokee. RIP moma we love you
great grandchild

Gallatin, TN

#2 Sep 8, 2011
is she still living?Ethel was my great grandma..
michigan arnettes

Spring Hill, FL

#3 Sep 23, 2011
She died August 22. We buried her in Johnson City Tennessee with our father. I knew my Aunt Ethel but not very well. How old was Aunt Ethel when she died?
great grandchild

Gallatin, TN

#4 Sep 28, 2011
I Really Cant Remember I Think She Was In Her 80s,My GrandMother Was Wilma Garrett Which Was Ethels Daughter.
Alabama Arnettes

Altoona, AL

#5 Oct 11, 2011
I am the daughter of Kelsie, granddaughter of Wentz. Edith was my great aunt. The only one's in Wentz's family left is Kelsie, Roger, Bobby and June.
great grandchild

Gallatin, TN

#6 Oct 21, 2011
Grandma Wells(Ethel)& Grandpa Wells(Garfield) Had Almost 10 kids here are the ones i can think of at the moment sorry:Cecil,Robert"Bob ",Gene,Larry,Helen,Nell,W ilma( my grandmother,brenda.not sure if thats all.
sorrytohearit

Jonesville, VA

#7 Oct 21, 2011
we were told that aunt edith died before my mom helen wells mallory.about 3 years ago.
michigan arnettes wrote:
Our mother Edith Bell Arnette Smith will most likely not make it through the night. She is the youngest child of the Rev Daniel G. Arnette and Emily Cordelia Arnette. The sister of Arville, Wentz, Clyde, John, Earnest Arnette, Ethel Wells, Ida Reynolds, Ruth Wade and Blanche Townsend. She is two months shy of her 94th birthday. Her death represents the end of the first Keokee Arnette family. Her children will miss hearing all the stories of her beloved Keokee. RIP moma we love you
Michigan Arnettes

Spring Hill, FL

#8 Oct 22, 2011
Thank you Cousins for your kind thoughts. I can't believe she has been gone two months today. Mom had five children. Jerrell who is deceased, Jack Smith who is 62 has two children and lives in Connecticut Mary Ann Finn(me)I am 59 have three children and live in Florida, Linda Karadsheh who is 58 has two children and lives in Michigan Sherry Vizciano who has two children is 54 and lives in the state of Washington. We also have a brother named Bobby Sparks my Mom and Dad raised him from birth he was the child of Patricia Witt her family is from Keokee he has no children and lives in Michigan.
I grew up knowing I had this large family in VA but unfortunately our parents could not afford trips with 5 kids. I took a trip with my Mom to Keokee about 35 years ago and we went to see Aunt Ethel, Uncle Clyde and Aunt Dorothy we stayed only for a little while. I hope one day to visit with my children.
Deb Flynn

Charleston, SC

#9 Nov 10, 2011
My condolences to you Mary and Linda.I was blessed to know your mom for a short while.She would try to keep us girls straight by reading the Bible to us. I wish I would of listened more.
great grandchild

Gallatin, TN

#10 Nov 18, 2011
i would love to have a family reunion with our family some we know some we dont.unfortunatly Ott is the last of the Arnettes living in keokee.he is around 80 years old now,would like to meet all my relatives.coldolences are with you all losing your mother,grandmother,aunt etc.its hard to deal with this time of the year with the holidays around the corner.
roger arnett

United States

#11 Mar 16, 2012
great grandchild wrote:
is she still living?Ethel was my great grandma..
ethel is my aunt wentz is my dad
David Wells

Farmington, MI

#12 May 23, 2014
My Grandmother was Ethel, my father is Cecil. My dad is not doing real well.
Grandma died in the mid-late nineties (1996, 97, or 98). I attended her funeral along with a lot of others.
It is good to here I have other relatives in Michigan, and maybe on day i could meet them. I live in Taylor Michigan

Since: Sep 16

Westland, MI

#13 Sep 27, 2016
michigan arnettes wrote:
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I was on the computer again trying to piece together information and came across this article. I am the granddaughter of Ethel Wells. Would you contact me via email [email protected]?

Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Keokee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rename miners park 9 hr Concerned 48
stereo for sale $275 obo (Jan '13) Sep 15 Antiques 7
Where is Allen Rivers? (Aug '11) Sep 6 Milklos 4
Keokee Music Thread (Aug '14) Aug '17 Musikologist 10
Silver 2 dr GT Pontiac (Apr '16) Apr '16 Shannon 1
police at a market on 606. (Jan '16) Jan '16 on scanner 1
Who wrecked (Oct '15) Oct '15 Wondering 1

Keokee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance