Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

God(s) and religion have been around almost as long as humans. The basis of religion is to provide answers to the unknown. This is apparent in the earliest religions, which had separate gods for sun, wind, love, and almost every other aspect of life. As Sigmund Freud said: "The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." But this is not entirely true because religion has sunk its evil teeth into civilization, controlling their entire lives.

Religion is also used to control the common man, who is ignorant and gullible, by promising them a wonderful after-life. Leaders of countries have also used religion to tell their people that the gods have chosen them, cementing their claim to the throne. Now in our somewhat intelligent world we know the answers to the questions that the early religions asked, but the new question of why has created new religions. When monotheistic religions began popping up their main goal was to control the common people and provide cover for intolerance towards groups that did not hold the same beliefs.

God and several other people supposedly wrote the bible. According to religion, god is perfect; but the bible does not mention dinosaurs, any creatures that were not visible, and animals that had long been extinct. If god cared about every creature he created how could he have overlooked the largest portion of the time of the earth. The bible also tells of a man climbing to the top of a mountain, seeing a burning bush and receiving the Ten Commandments. Today people who would tell us this story are not called prophets or Apostles, but schizophrenics.

Another story in the bible is Noahís ark. God grew so mad he killed everyone on earth except for Noah and a handful. If god is such a loving person why did he kill everyone else on earth? If it was because they broke his laws like donít be jealous then god must have been the governor of Texas. People today scream bloody murder if a serial killer is put to death so why is it all right for god to kill the entire planet? If god got mad at the sins happening during Noahís time then why hasnít he killed us today, in a time when sins happen every minute. Instead of questioning my beliefs you should question your own.

Selfishness is the foundation upon which all religions are built. They may claim to be helping others, but it exists so that people have a false feeling of hope. Religion teaches that those who obey the laws will have happiness after they die. That is the only reason why people go to church because they believe that they have happiness after death. The same reason is behind helping others; it makes people feel good when they help the less fortunate.

Religion is also the largest hate and intolerance machine. More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason. Religion caused the Crusades, in which towns of Muslim people were slaughtered, the Holocaust, led by a man who said that he was, "fighting for the work of the Lord." Almost every terrorist attack ever has been in the name of god: 9/11, lynching by KKK, USS Cole etc. The mere fact that Hitler, bin Laden and George W. Bush believes in god is proof that there is no god. How could a god who loves humans give us such horrible people?

Religion goes hand in hand with mental illnesses.

Since: Aug 12

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Religion is not only a mental illness it actually hinders mental health treatment. Many people who are depressed, have ocd etc beleive it is the devil when it is actaully a chemical imbalance or some other brain malfunction.

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

What i meant was actually the second time.

“Top of the world”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy Rants wrote:
God(s) and religion have been around almost as long as humans. The basis of religion is to provide answers to the unknown. This is apparent in the earliest religions, which had separate gods for sun, wind, love, and almost every other aspect of life. As Sigmund Freud said: "The more the fruits of knowledge become accessible to men, the more widespread is the decline of religious belief." But this is not entirely true because religion has sunk its evil teeth into civilization, controlling their entire lives.

Religion is also used to control the common man, who is ignorant and gullible, by promising them a wonderful after-life. Leaders of countries have also used religion to tell their people that the gods have chosen them, cementing their claim to the throne. Now in our somewhat intelligent world we know the answers to the questions that the early religions asked, but the new question of why has created new religions. When monotheistic religions began popping up their main goal was to control the common people and provide cover for intolerance towards groups that did not hold the same beliefs.

God and several other people supposedly wrote the bible. According to religion, god is perfect; but the bible does not mention dinosaurs, any creatures that were not visible, and animals that had long been extinct. If god cared about every creature he created how could he have overlooked the largest portion of the time of the earth. The bible also tells of a man climbing to the top of a mountain, seeing a burning bush and receiving the Ten Commandments. Today people who would tell us this story are not called prophets or Apostles, but schizophrenics.

Another story in the bible is Noah’s ark. God grew so mad he killed everyone on earth except for Noah and a handful. If god is such a loving person why did he kill everyone else on earth? If it was because they broke his laws like don’t be jealous then god must have been the governor of Texas. People today scream bloody murder if a serial killer is put to death so why is it all right for god to kill the entire planet? If god got mad at the sins happening during Noah’s time then why hasn’t he killed us today, in a time when sins happen every minute. Instead of questioning my beliefs you should question your own.

Selfishness is the foundation upon which all religions are built. They may claim to be helping others, but it exists so that people have a false feeling of hope. Religion teaches that those who obey the laws will have happiness after they die. That is the only reason why people go to church because they believe that they have happiness after death. The same reason is behind helping others; it makes people feel good when they help the less fortunate.

Religion is also the largest hate and intolerance machine. More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason. Religion caused the Crusades, in which towns of Muslim people were slaughtered, the Holocaust, led by a man who said that he was, "fighting for the work of the Lord." Almost every terrorist attack ever has been in the name of god: 9/11, lynching by KKK, USS Cole etc. The mere fact that Hitler, bin Laden and George W. Bush believes in god is proof that there is no god. How could a god who loves humans give us such horrible people?

Religion goes hand in hand with mental illnesses.
Just a simple question from a simple person. What if your wrong? Just asking .
lot

Wooton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

mental ill people believe that but in the real world its not true.
yep

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

lot wrote:
mental ill people believe that but in the real world its not true.
yep..

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Jamie Truth wrote:
Religion is not only a mental illness it actually hinders mental health treatment. Many people who are depressed, have ocd etc beleive it is the devil when it is actaully a chemical imbalance or some other brain malfunction.
Very true!!

You get an A + ha.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Arborist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a simple question from a simple person. What if your wrong? Just asking .
Then I have learned this is not the path I should be traveling on.

I do not believe in sin. Only correctable mistakes.

My life is not based on fear of an invisible god, nor a devil that no one ever sees in the modern world.

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true!!
You get an A + ha.
Same to you as usual you have made a very valid point about religion
ohmy

Bearden, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

so let me get this right here, you peoples don't have anybody to listen to your ramblings on about religions so you go and have to put all this nonsense on here so maybe someone will read it and challenge your thoughts...witch is all this is, is YOUR thoughts...hmmm maybe you should write a book and maybe some of your "followers" will read it. good luck monkey man.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

ohmy wrote:
so let me get this right here, you peoples don't have anybody to listen to your ramblings on about religions so you go and have to put all this nonsense on here so maybe someone will read it and challenge your thoughts...witch is all this is, is YOUR thoughts...hmmm maybe you should write a book and maybe some of your "followers" will read it. good luck monkey man.
Would you lump the churches teachings as ramblings as well?

Why do we have to listen to the crap the churches peddle, but the churches are appalled that anyone would question them? They are not privy to world religious information out there.

Some of us do this weird thing called thinking.

Many books have been written about the insanity of religion.

Where have you been?

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you lump the churches teachings as ramblings as well?
Why do we have to listen to the crap the churches peddle, but the churches are appalled that anyone would question them? They are not privy to world religious information out there.
Some of us do this weird thing called thinking.
Many books have been written about the insanity of religion.
Where have you been?
Sounds like he or she has been living in the same neverland the rest of the religous zealots have been
ratso

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

we are creatures dominated by time and space. we cannot grasp a principal such as everlasting life. we cant concieve how it would be possibe. if u can understand the principal of everlasting anything, explain it to me. and right after that explain how it could end???? hows obama doing?? he needs to be reelected.

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Jamie Truth wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds like he or she has been living in the same neverland the rest of the religous zealots have been
Ain't that the truth?

Pure morons. lol

“Survive and Thrive! ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

ratso wrote:
we are creatures dominated by time and space. we cannot grasp a principal such as everlasting life. we cant concieve how it would be possibe. if u can understand the principal of everlasting anything, explain it to me. and right after that explain how it could end???? hows obama doing?? he needs to be reelected.
I am not sure if there is time.(Time is man made). Space, yes. There was never was a time (pardon the pun) when space was a wall of concrete.

Infinity is hard to grasp, more or less explain.

There is no end, perhaps a change of frequency.

Yes, Obama needs to be re-elected for the good of all, not the few.

I wish I had more time to write about this, but I have to pack, leave my city house, and drive to our mountain cabin.

Perhaps later.

“Top of the world”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

Jimmy Rants wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't that the truth?

Pure morons. lol
LMAO. Such an educated man still calling folks grade school names.

“Top of the world”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Arborist wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO. Such an educated man still calling folks grade school names.
My bad, I made a comment in the middle of another conversation. Now I shall back up and punt:)
disagree

Jonesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Hey A what ya doing? I think what causes mental illness is chemical imbalances in the brain and people messin with ya, or the perception that people are messin with ya. The only sane people are us who admit we have a problem. As long as we stay on our meds the general public is probably er somewhat safe. So everyone remember try to be nice to all because you never know when one of us might snap:)

“Top of the world”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

disagree wrote:
Hey A what ya doing? I think what causes mental illness is chemical imbalances in the brain and people messin with ya, or the perception that people are messin with ya. The only sane people are us who admit we have a problem. As long as we stay on our meds the general public is probably er somewhat safe. So everyone remember try to be nice to all because you never know when one of us might snap:)
Hey Disagree I totally agree. LMAO !!!!!!

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2012

Judged:

We should focus on our relationship with each other as humans before we even think about a relationship with god (assuming he exists).

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kenvir Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men!!!!!! 6 min THE TRUTH 15
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Reality 150,018
exaust work done? anyone know someone? 13 min THE TRUTH 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 45 min justice_- 130,285
piano tuned 1 hr hello 2
Shawn s and ruby w 1 hr guest who investi... 2
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr Yoda-byte-me 1,031

Search the Kenvir Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Kenvir Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kenvir People Search