City Cafe Sold Again
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Wondering

Martin, TN

#1 Sep 19, 2012
Heard they sold again. Wondering if it is true. Also heard they firing all the help and getting new.
Sold

Cordova, TN

#2 Sep 19, 2012
wasn't sold first time, building owners took it back, but are selling it now. I heard Oct 7 or 9th new owners take over.
friend

Waco, TX

#4 Oct 5, 2012
Yes they fired everyone. Isn't that the kinda people u won't to give your business to. Everyone watch out
you ask

Martin, TN

#5 Oct 5, 2012
friend wrote:
Yes they fired everyone. Isn't that the kinda people u won't to give your business to. Everyone watch out
no they did not fire everyone get your facts straight..
guest

Martin, TN

#6 Oct 5, 2012
They did not fire everyone. Now it's called Nana's Cafe.
guest

Martin, TN

#7 Oct 7, 2012
They went up on their prices.
Nasty

Martin, TN

#8 Oct 8, 2012
That place isn't going to make it! The lady is rude! The customers are already talking! So you know what happens when that starts they will find somewhere else to go!

“I will set you to burn.”

Since: Aug 09

Martin, TN

#9 Oct 8, 2012
Nasty wrote:
That place isn't going to make it! The lady is rude! The customers are already talking! So you know what happens when that starts they will find somewhere else to go!
Is that you Donnie?
Nasty

Martin, TN

#10 Oct 8, 2012
No im just a concerned customer! The talk is going around town! That's ok they will start going to RJ's. Terry treated his customers like family! These new people want to change something that been there for years! Well see how long they last!
Guest

Martin, TN

#11 Oct 9, 2012
Nasty wrote:
No im just a concerned customer! The talk is going around town! That's ok they will start going to RJ's. Terry treated his customers like family! These new people want to change something that been there for years! Well see how long they last!
You must be one of the people who stiffed J&T on their tab and now the new owners won't let you run one.
guest

Collierville, TN

#12 Oct 9, 2012
Is it the place they call mommas kitchen?
Guest

Martin, TN

#13 Oct 9, 2012
guest wrote:
Is it the place they call mommas kitchen?
Mom's is a buffet style place just down the street.
Nasty

Martin, TN

#14 Oct 9, 2012
To guest I don't even know what the f''"$k your talking about I know nothing about anyone getting stiffed!
krazy kat

Martin, TN

#15 Oct 9, 2012
the food is nasty,the people are rude and unfriendly and they have raised the prices.i'll be finding me somewhere else to eat and spend my money.its become horrible and will never be like the city cafe we remember. man, even the regulars have had enough .wont be long before they go broke they are just running the customers off like flies.
Nasty

Martin, TN

#16 Oct 9, 2012
It's a shame! People have been going there for years! They like just going in there and eating a greasy hamburger and and talking to longtime friends! The older gentlemen can't even play dominoes up front she put them in the back! People don't like change they have been doing it for years! She will find out who's boss in the end when everyone stops going in there!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#17 Oct 9, 2012
Putting them in the back gives them more quiet to play. Also, when they played up front people would stand around and block the entrance and exit which is a fire hazzard. Those men don't care where they play as long an they play.
The new owners are good cooks. YOU just don't like change and most likely are angry because you can't charge and get away with free stuff.
Yes Terry and Joy are very nice but they did not want the hassel. Joy's health can't take it and Terry just wanted to work and go home. Not babysit and take care of other people all the time..

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#18 Oct 9, 2012
Lily is not rude. She does have a tone but she is one of the nicest person and neighbor anyone can have. After 17 years I should know.
guest

Union City, TN

#19 Oct 10, 2012
People are complaining. I work in another business in town and people are coming in talking about it. Most of the talk is not good. They need to remember they come into a small town and took over an establishment that already had regulars. Change it too much and raise the prices too much, people are going to talk and quit coming.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#20 Oct 11, 2012
guest wrote:
People are complaining. I work in another business in town and people are coming in talking about it. Most of the talk is not good. They need to remember they come into a small town and took over an establishment that already had regulars. Change it too much and raise the prices too much, people are going to talk and quit coming.
The prices did not change so much as taxes are now being added. That started when Terry and Joy took over in June. Have you seen the price of groceries? I know everyone has noticed. All food services have gone up.

As for the card/domino games being moved to the back. Only a few idiots are complaining but THEY complain about everything that pops into the minds and out their uneducated minds. Where there were playing was in violation of fire safety laws.

I like the way it looks. It seems more spacious and organized. Sometimes change is good but I know some don't like it because they feel like they are out of control.

Lily is a good person and sweet as they come. Look pass the tone of voice and see the real woman. I can vouch for her. She has been a neighbor for 17 years. My children and dog were the only one sallowed in her yard because she knows they needed the room to play.

She is a nice woman with a heart of gold but don't ever think you can get one over on her.

New people have to learn the culture. I know they will do every thing they can within reason to please all customers. So tell the ones who are not happy just to talk to them. They will listen.
Passerby

Martin, TN

#21 Oct 16, 2012
dontlikestupidity wrote:
<quoted text>
New people have to learn the culture. I know they will do every thing they can within reason to please all customers. So tell the ones who are not happy just to talk to them. They will listen.
So is that what you call it when they are sitting out front with their aprons on and a dog in their lap. Yeah that is what people wanna see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will pay good money ! (Nov '16) 1 hr Jhonny boy 20
Tiger Express 2 hr hilarious 17
dyer cops 4 hr insanity 25
Houses for rent (Aug '16) 17 hr familyx3 5
Tyson Sun Spinks 10
Mike Baucom Sun Concerned friend 1
shady rest (Apr '10) Sun Depends 11

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenton Mortgages