First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Kenton, OH

#1 Sep 12, 2011
does anyone know what the starting pay is at honda? just trying to think if it would benefit me to take the offered position or stay where i am at (we havent dicussed pay yet)
Wondering

Kenton, OH

#2 Sep 12, 2011
The starting pay could depend if you're going to go through a temp agency or directly through HONDA. Not sure of the start salary now, but I do know the top pay is well worth the effort.

However if you are not ready to work your arse off and be to work ON time. HONDA is not the place for you. Their attendence policy is the strictest I have ever heard of.
none

Napoleon, OH

#3 Sep 12, 2011
I work at honda. Unless you are hiring into a engineer position or a management position you will have to go through a temp. agency. Their starting pay is somewhere around 10 or 11 dollars a hour.If thats what you want, now would be a good time. They are out-sourcing a lot of the departments to temp agencys and putting the honda associates that have been there a long time on the hardest jobs. So, if you were a temporary worker, you would get a easy job.
Lol

Napoleon, OH

#4 Sep 12, 2011
guest wrote:
does anyone know what the starting pay is at honda? just trying to think if it would benefit me to take the offered position or stay where i am at (we havent dicussed pay yet)
That would depend on what type of job you are offerred. Production, engineering, maintenance, or clerical, admin. And yes you can get hired off the street into clerical without going through a temp agency. I did
loyaltothegray

Kenton, OH

#6 Sep 12, 2011
You ain't got no job at Honda stupid !! And if you did you would know the pay, didn't the temp service tell ya !
depends

Minster, OH

#7 Sep 12, 2011
There is a couple of things here to think about. What position are you applying for? Are you being hired full-time through Honda or a Temp service?(Honda does now have their own temp service) Clerical, Line, or Engineer? Let's say you are going to be a temporary. You will start out at 9 for clerical and 10 for line.(depending on what temp service). Full-time at Honda Clerical will be at 12 and line will be 15-16. Depending on what shift you work. For all of you on here saying be prepared to work you butts off if you are on line. BOOHOO. I work at International Paper and work 12 hour shifts at least 3 days aweek. Making way less then you that have robots to do your heavy lifting for you. Glad to hear that Honda is finally starting to get rid of some of their jobs online. Maybe you guys will finally have to work for what you get paid.
loyaltothegray

Kenton, OH

#8 Sep 12, 2011
I work for the pony express and they ride my a$$
concerned kenton

Marysville, OH

#9 Sep 13, 2011
DEpends== I have worked at honda IN ASSEMBLY for over 20 years and have never had a robot do any work for me. Only thing we have are lift arms that lift objects over 20lbs. It is obivious that you have never worked the assembly line these people do more walking,twisting, bending, and manual labor in 1 hour than you probably do in a day. These people earn their money. My daughter worked at International paper she worked 12 hour shifts said it was the easist job she ever had. left for better pay and benefits
none

Napoleon, OH

#10 Sep 13, 2011
depends wrote:
There is a couple of things here to think about. What position are you applying for? Are you being hired full-time through Honda or a Temp service?(Honda does now have their own temp service) Clerical, Line, or Engineer? Let's say you are going to be a temporary. You will start out at 9 for clerical and 10 for line.(depending on what temp service). Full-time at Honda Clerical will be at 12 and line will be 15-16. Depending on what shift you work. For all of you on here saying be prepared to work you butts off if you are on line. BOOHOO. I work at International Paper and work 12 hour shifts at least 3 days aweek. Making way less then you that have robots to do your heavy lifting for you. Glad to hear that Honda is finally starting to get rid of some of their jobs online. Maybe you guys will finally have to work for what you get paid.
I work at ELP AF. I dont have any robots do my job for me. I earn every penny. If you dont know what you're talking about-shut up.
none

Napoleon, OH

#11 Sep 13, 2011
concerned kenton wrote:
DEpends== I have worked at honda IN ASSEMBLY for over 20 years and have never had a robot do any work for me. Only thing we have are lift arms that lift objects over 20lbs. It is obivious that you have never worked the assembly line these people do more walking,twisting, bending, and manual labor in 1 hour than you probably do in a day. These people earn their money. My daughter worked at International paper she worked 12 hour shifts said it was the easist job she ever had. left for better pay and benefits
Could not have saisd it better. Thank You.
worker

Decatur, IN

#12 Sep 13, 2011
depends wrote:
sounds likevyou are jealous of HONDA!
just knew a honda worker

United States

#13 Sep 13, 2011
none wrote:
I work at honda. Unless you are hiring into a engineer position or a management position you will have to go through a temp. agency. Their starting pay is somewhere around 10 or 11 dollars a hour.If thats what you want, now would be a good time. They are out-sourcing a lot of the departments to temp agencys and putting the honda associates that have been there a long time on the hardest jobs. So, if you were a temporary worker, you would get a easy job.
temps dont get the easy jobs get the ones noone else wants.wouldnt work there if they paid me 40 dollars an hour.onve u r an emplayee they think they own u.no family nothing al honda honda honda.
just knew a honda worker

United States

#14 Sep 13, 2011
just knew a honda worker wrote:
<quoted text>temps dont get the easy jobs get the ones noone else wants.wouldnt work there if they paid me 40 dollars an hour.onve u r an emplayee they think they own u.no family nothing al honda honda honda.
meant to spell once u r working there they tink they own u.they say stupid americans
just knew a honda worker

United States

#15 Sep 13, 2011
just knew a honda worker wrote:
<quoted text>meant to spell once u r working there they tink they own u.they say stupid americans
crap just having hard time hitting righ keys i can spell lol
just knew a honda worker

United States

#16 Sep 13, 2011
u know what i mean.they work hard for the money.but nevermind if u have a family dont care just be at work.for years i worked inside and saw how tired those guys and women were at the end of the day.ok im done maybe spelled everything right this time hehehehe.well im gettin old thats what honda does to ya lol
Tour the plant

Minster, OH

#17 Sep 13, 2011
For all of you thinking that the Honda line workers deserve their pay. They don't. I worked there as a Temp. Let me explain some stuff to you. Full-time associates in certain areas work their butts off. As far as the assembly line, they find the smallest person to fit into the cars. So what you have to put a tire on a car. OMG that's going to really deserve getting paid 25.00 an hour. NOT.

United States

#18 Sep 14, 2011
Bottom line all you complainers, there are plenty of people out there that would love to have your job. If you want to keep it then shut the heck up. If the job is to much for you, then step aside and let someone else have it.
bosco73 kenton

Marysville, OH

#19 Sep 14, 2011
for those of you who say temps get the harder jobs your wrong, they are in the same rotation that everyone else is in their area. Everyone in every area does every job in that area unless they have restrictions (temps included). You say so what if you put a tire onm a car. ITS not 1 tire, I slammed tires for 5 years,job is different depending on which side you are on, you put both tires on plus lug bolts and then shhot lug nuts and either set trim and hand brake cables or put spare tire in back. You do this for 2 hours not just 1 car thats 115 cars a quarter adds up to 330 tires, 3,300 lug nuts, 115 trim, 115 handbrakes set and 115 spare tires In just 2 hours. OOHH don't forget the car is not sitting still you have about 52 seconds for your process. So please don't get on here and act like you know what it is like to work there. These people do earn their money. Those who think different are either jeolous of the ones who work yhere or worked there and couldn't handle it.
bosco73 kenton

Marysville, OH

#20 Sep 14, 2011
TOUR and oh by the way I climbed in, leaned in, and worked under cars and I am 6 foot 5. Again you are wrong you must not of been able to cut it there
Just Me

Kenton, OH

#21 Sep 14, 2011
bosco73 kenton wrote:
TOUR and oh by the way I climbed in, leaned in, and worked under cars and I am 6 foot 5. Again you are wrong you must not of been able to cut it there
I worked at Honda for a very short time. I'm only 5 foot 3, and can say it's not easy for short people either. One of my jobs was putting something into the center section of the car. With my height (or lack of) it was sometimes a stuggle to reach parts of the car. I had to virtually crawl in the car for jobs that someone with longer arms could have easily reached. I had to also do something with the back seat belts that required putting your arm through the back window. With my height, plus the car being a little taller I had to stand on tip toe to reach.

On my rotation I also had a job where I had to crawl into the car, because unlike some I couldn't just lean in, or use the floor as a brace. I had to crawl in and out. Which doesn't sound like much, but jumping in a car doing your job, jumping back out, and being ready for the next car is tough in 45-50 seconds per car. After doing those jobs for a couple hours you feel muscles you didn't even know you had.

I am not ashamed to admit, I could not handle the physical demands that working for Honda requires. Those saying Honda employees don't earn their pay either haven't worked there, or don't know anyone who does. I do to both. I envy their pay, but not what is done to their bodies.

A question for you Bosco. Since working for Honda how many job related injuries or surgeries have you had?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trashy moms in this town 1 hr Amk 18
chyeanna beardsly 1 hr Sad 3
Chris Herrera 3 hr Melissa 6
taylor badertscher (Jun '14) 11 hr Hit dat 13
Chris Chamberlain 12 hr Alicia 1
Curtis Morris 19 hr Fhfgf 29
Jason Hughes Tue jjj 6

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance