Seccession - A pyric gesture but...

Posted in the Kenton Forum

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Ohio is nearly 1/3 of the way and other states have exceeded the minimum requirements for consideration. If the Federal Government, known as the corporation of the UNITED STATES were like any other legitimate business, it would have been bankrupted and dissolved decades ago. Practically speaking, it's really not a bad idea. There's a good deal of bad debt that could be expunged.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#2 Nov 13, 2012
To anyone curious, here's a link to all of the petitions, several of which already meet the requirements of a response from the current dictator.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv...

Petitions are little more than begging and even with the level of responses, I doubt any of them will be responded to because the government will do what it wants to anyway. Peaceful protests will fail, simply because the gangs with clubs and badges aren't peaceful. Violent protests will fail too, because they also have guns. The best we can hope for is a complete default on debt, which will give the Federal Reserve note international junk status and force us back to depending on ourselves for goods. That last part is inevitable.

This petition bomb is little more than a protest, but I wouldn't say that it's just Romnney supporters. 9% less people voted in 2012 than voted in 2008. From the perspective of that 9%, I agree with it because, like any corporation, which is what THE UNITED STATES, a Delaware corporation, actually is, has consistently overspent, has become too overbearing, and violated the constitution on numerous occasions and has strangled local businesses with its policies. Any corporation that owed more than 5 times its annual surplus revenue would normally go bankrupt, especially if their credit rating suggested they would never catch up. By design, the monetary system assures failure at some point, because debt can never be fully repaid, because money is actually debt. The irony to this fact is that we think of money as wealth, when really, it's a promise to pay back to the very people who print it. That the government is borrowing 1/3 of what it spends every year would suggest further meltdowns, and we will be the ones who suffer most, one way or another.

Another thing to consider, is that of the more than 8 billion dollars per day in debt being generated on a DAILY basis, international private debt is more than 5.5 billion/day. WE ARE THE BIGGEST PART OF THE PROBLEM. When we buy foreign goods, private debt increases. When we buy locally manufactured goods, that money stays in the country. In order to simply balance international trade, per capita, we would have to spend $20.00 per day less on foreign goods and buy local instead, but even that wouldn't fix the government spending.

As for that wealthy 1%, I wonder how many of you know that that group has twice the national debt in offshore accounts in banks in the Cayman Islands. Even if the government were to seize those assets to pay its deficit, the hyperinflation alone would hurt us more than anything else has, to date. Basically, we're all pretty much screwed and hopefully when it all goes down, we'll have already learned to see each other as equals and learn to help each other as much as we can.
catbird

Ada, OH

#3 Nov 14, 2012
The petitions are nonsense. Obama is in office for 4 more years and the United States will not be dissolved, period. Lots of strange people out there. Signs of the times I guess. Best bet at this point is to stockpile ammo.
whatever

Tiffin, OH

#4 Nov 14, 2012
So if these states leave what happens to the military people from those states. will they no longer have a job because they are no longer citizens of the US. Who will fund Ohios military. That social security you paid into gone. The agreements that the US has with foreign companies gone. We will have to import and export basic goods.Even the most basic things when is the last time you saw Ohio grown orange juice. Ohio cannot sustain and economy without the federal government.we might as well step back into the dark ages.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#6 Nov 14, 2012
whatever wrote:
So if these states leave what happens to the military people from those states. will they no longer have a job because they are no longer citizens of the US. Who will fund Ohios military. That social security you paid into gone. The agreements that the US has with foreign companies gone. We will have to import and export basic goods.Even the most basic things when is the last time you saw Ohio grown orange juice. Ohio cannot sustain and economy without the federal government.we might as well step back into the dark ages.
Actually, you're wrong about a few things, but it's not one of those things that falls under common knowledge. The US Treasury is only an administrator of funds controlled by the IMF, as is social security. In a post Federal government world, interstate taxes would be more competitive than many realize. Yes, each state would be responsible for their own defense, or agree to treaties for a common defense. Without the Federal government mismanaging funds, there would be more money available, not less. As far as international trade goes, it would actually be beneficial to not be locked into a federal mandate on international trade. More competition means lower taxes. As for the military, I'm extremely bored with being lied to about why we fight, and think George Orwell should be laid to rest, once and for all. Providing for a common defense is considerably cheaper than bombing brown people.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#7 Nov 14, 2012
catbird wrote:
The petitions are nonsense. Obama is in office for 4 more years and the United States will not be dissolved, period. Lots of strange people out there. Signs of the times I guess. Best bet at this point is to stockpile ammo.
I think so as well, but these petitions points out the hypocrisy of begging to the government. You wont have any trouble getting an Obama recipe, but where it matters, it's only a delusion of voice.

Legally, any state has the right to secede, as the union is voluntary. However, the outcome would likely be the same as the previous attempt, Americans killing Americans. Every so often, Quebec votes on whether or not to continue as a commonwealth province or to secede.
Elohel

Kenton, OH

#8 Nov 14, 2012
Pure non-sense. Nothing will come out of this other than media sensationalism.
whatever

Fenton, MI

#9 Nov 14, 2012
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're wrong about a few things, but it's not one of those things that falls under common knowledge. The US Treasury is only an administrator of funds controlled by the IMF, as is social security. In a post Federal government world, interstate taxes would be more competitive than many realize. Yes, each state would be responsible for their own defense, or agree to treaties for a common defense. Without the Federal government mismanaging funds, there would be more money available, not less. As far as international trade goes, it would actually be beneficial to not be locked into a federal mandate on international trade. More competition means lower taxes. As for the military, I'm extremely bored with being lied to about why we fight, and think George Orwell should be laid to rest, once and for all. Providing for a common defense is considerably cheaper than bombing brown people.
So u think the US treasury Ian going to look up what each person has paid in and divide it out. Nope. Those funds will be lost and the people that paid them will be out of luck. Please explain how more funds will be available? Because I don't see it. I see where we would be paying out more.If we are an independent country what is stopping anyone from coming in and waging war against us for control.It certainly won't be our Ohio military. You my friend are a conspiracy type. I am not happy with the way things are going but look around the world its no better anywhere else. All this is going to do is make a whole new problem and lead people to act ignorant and eventually violent.
whatever

Fenton, MI

#10 Nov 14, 2012
Basically if someone doesn't agree with you they are wrong. its not about common knowledge Its about common sense. The US government doesn't have to gives us a damn thing if we leave.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#11 Nov 14, 2012
whatever wrote:
<quoted text> So u think the US treasury Ian going to look up what each person has paid in and divide it out. Nope. Those funds will be lost and the people that paid them will be out of luck. Please explain how more funds will be available?
I'd like to suggest that you read the Bretton Woods Agreement act. As for retirement, There really isn't any certainty that retirement will continue with or without the Federal government, and already, it's nothing like the retirement my grandfather received. As for the Federal reserve, it exists almost entirely separate from the Federal Government, although it can be abolished by executive order or congress. As for conspiracies, there are plenty that are not worth following, and no, I'm not a big fan of Alex Jones. However, the Federal Reserve system is anything but American, as are most things connected to it, such as the IMF.

http://www.house.gov/legcoun/Comps/bretton.pd...
Smartass

Kenton, OH

#12 Nov 14, 2012
I think the whole thing is ridiculous and shameful to be honest. The whole point of an election is so the people have a voice, and as soon as someone wins that some states don't like we want to throw a fit and have their own country. Sounds like a teenager when mom and dad say no, well I will run away or move out. Country's full of immature idiots. You didn't get your way so put on your big kid panties and deal with it.
Yep

Kenton, OH

#13 Nov 14, 2012
Its called sore Losers! wa wa wa
Crap Town

Kenton, OH

#14 Nov 17, 2012
Joe,

Obviously people are not going to care that freedoms are lost daily. Their bellies are full, and they have a roof over their head. They are capable of independent thought, but chose to act like cattle. The statement, "look around it is worse in other parts of the world" is a ignorant comment. We should not settle for "okay" ever. The moment freedoms were lost for the "feeling" of security through fear, was the point of when our society was lost.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#16 Nov 17, 2012
ohio with out government or any other state with out government is plain out stupid

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#17 Nov 18, 2012
cool_daddy_is_back wrote:
ohio with out government or any other state with out government is plain out stupid
Secession doesn't mean abolishing all government. It also wouldn't have nearly enough of an effect to matter, as the US dollar is an international currency, be it all so worthless. The positive effects would have more to do with the agencies that trample on the states than anything else, as those agencies would no longer have authority, such as the EPA, FDA, Department of Indoctrination (er education), et al.

Real change to the government actually has nothing what-so-ever to do with seceding from the overbearing corporation known as the UNITED STATES, as that is not the core of the problem. The central problem of this nation is the Federal Reserve, which is what really controls this country. It has been given an unfair monopoly on the exchange of goods and is the printing press of our owners. While some call it the Petrol-dollar, even that link can not be justified, simply because it is based on disposable goods, and because it really isn't wealth, but rather, a promissory note, or debt based currency.

George Carlin wasn't always saying things to make people laugh. Sometimes he told the truth and people laughed because it sounded so ridiculous. He wasn't lying in this video.



A video worth watching: http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brian flowers main suspect in missing patti adk... (Jan '11) 5 hr Tut 2,190
Kenton police officers 7 hr my ninja 3
international paper (Oct '10) 18 hr Lmao 289
Jeremy sons Fri annie 1
Autumn sexton (Dec '11) Fri sam 8
who she Fri clams 2
Oh Terry Hord..... Fri Adam Kadmon 2
Why did terry price resign?? Fri Adam Kadmon 30
More from around the web

Kenton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]