Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Pops

United States

#13810 Nov 17, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously haven't seen the etchings of Africans sweltering in front of the massive pizza ovens on slave ships in the 1500's.
woof
What the bleep does ovens of 400 yrs ago have to do with today in any 1st world country? Nothing.
Sometimes I have 'judged' agree or interesting to a few of your post & CHE's too. But this clearly isn't one since it is so off of topic.
To me personally, it's like so called restitution for slavery to be paid by ALL non-black citizens when my family didn't come here until the 1880's along with many Germans, Irish, Italians, Poles, Chinese, Japanese & others that had absolutely NOTHING to do with U.S. slavery.
Besides, there has been NO credit given to the countless that operated the 'Underground Railroad' & the 100,000's that fought in the Civil War that eventually allowed freedom for those slaves. Then there were of course the countless blacks that owned slaves.
Past time that this subject was brought up to date & put into perspective. WOOF
Now I'll get back onto topic.
walt

Highland, MI

#13811 Nov 17, 2012
So after reading over you alls posts here. I have one question for you. How the hell did the american civil war start if what yall posted is the 100% truth. Stop trying to belittle people off their views
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#13812 Nov 17, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Understood, but we can't live in caves because some people have this climate change theory. And again I ask: when is it enough? There seems to be no end with this GW nonsense. In fact, I believe that there is nothing we can do about it. It's really not our doing.
Last winter was a bit of an odd one. Even here in Cleveland, we had very little snow. But fall has brought us below average temperatures for this time of year. The next several days will be nice ones, but it's nothing but typical fall.
You are not a climate scientist. Perhaps you should try reading some legitimate writing on the subject rather than forming your opinion based on what you see looking out your window or on your route.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#13813 Nov 17, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not a climate scientist. Perhaps you should try reading some legitimate writing on the subject rather than forming your opinion based on what you see looking out your window or on your route.
I have a whole folder on global warming:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientis...

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2006/may/...

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/tops...

Let me know how you like those links. I have dozens more if you like.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#13814 Nov 17, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
I said legitimate writing. The only legitimate piece you cite is the NASA link. The rest are wingnut blogs or right wing propaganda organizations. Even the piece from NASA contains the following,

"Although the inferred increase of solar irradiance in 24 years, about 0.1 percent, is not enough to cause notable climate change, the trend would be important if maintained for a century or more."

If you are serious about learning, you really should try to read articles written by real scientists or journalists and not blogs and cites with obvious agendas.
Pops

United States

#13815 Nov 17, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Loren,
I have not answered any of your posts prior I don't think.
A suggestion.
make your posts about 1/3rd of the current size; and make singular points in them.
Being honest I am unable to tell if we are on the same page, or in a different book all together.
I give up on reading your posts, because they are too long.
Just my opinion.
I have said the same thing in previous post(s) & have given up after replying but NEEDING to delete some of Lorens post to not exceed character limits
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#13816 Nov 17, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I said legitimate writing. The only legitimate piece you cite is the NASA link. The rest are wingnut blogs or right wing propaganda organizations. Even the piece from NASA contains the following,
"Although the inferred increase of solar irradiance in 24 years, about 0.1 percent, is not enough to cause notable climate change, the trend would be important if maintained for a century or more."
If you are serious about learning, you really should try to read articles written by real scientists or journalists and not blogs and cites with obvious agendas.
Yeah, I guess all those scientists who say it's pure BS are nothing more than wingnut scientists too.
Chris

West Chester, OH

#13817 Nov 17, 2012
Kasich is THE ONE his OH unemployment rate is tumbling.
Duke for Mayor

Lakemore, OH

#13818 Nov 17, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>What the bleep does ovens of 400 yrs ago have to do with today in any 1st world country? Nothing.
Sometimes I have 'judged' agree or interesting to a few of your post & CHE's too. But this clearly isn't one since it is so off of topic.
To me personally, it's like so called restitution for slavery to be paid by ALL non-black citizens when my family didn't come here until the 1880's along with many Germans, Irish, Italians, Poles, Chinese, Japanese & others that had absolutely NOTHING to do with U.S. slavery.
Besides, there has been NO credit given to the countless that operated the 'Underground Railroad' & the 100,000's that fought in the Civil War that eventually allowed freedom for those slaves. Then there were of course the countless blacks that owned slaves.
Past time that this subject was brought up to date & put into perspective. WOOF
Now I'll get back onto topic.
Those ovens were hot, Pops.

woof

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13819 Nov 17, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I have said the same thing in previous post(s) & have given up after replying but NEEDING to delete some of Lorens post to not exceed character limits
LEAVE LOREN ALONE!!!
He shouldn't even Post for you bastards. He is much too good for you. Leavvvvvvve him alone.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#13820 Nov 17, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
Odd that you ignored these links.

Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_c... - Similarto Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free ...

A consensus, based on current evidence, now exists within the global scientific community that human activities are the main source of climate change and that ...
Science | Climate Change | US EPA epa.gov/climatechange/science/

From melting glaciers to changing bird migration patterns, the effects of climate change are all around us. Explore information about observed changes to Earth ...
Communicating the science of climate change ...- Physics Today www.physicstoday.org/resource/1/phtoad/v64/i1...

Oct 21, 2011 ... Over the past half century, the powerful new science of climate and climate change has come into being. Research during that period has ...
Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change ... content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/... ...- Similarto Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change ...

Jun 22, 2010 ... Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#13823 Nov 17, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
LEAVE LOREN ALONE!!!
He shouldn't even Post for you bastards. He is much too good for you. Leavvvvvvve him alone.
There is something we can definitely agree on: he shouldn't post for us. ;-D
TaxNoMore

South El Monte, CA

#13824 Nov 17, 2012

Thank you, Mr. President. Let's get to work!

In February, the Congressional Budget Office published its latest report on the "estimated impact" of the stimulus.

Although it had originally estimated the stimulus would cost $787 billion, CBO now says it will cost $831 billion.

In the second quarter of 2012, CBO estimates, somewhere between 200,000 to 1.2 million people have jobs they otherwise would not have were it not for the stimulus.

Assuming, optimistically, that the number is 1.2 million, that means each of those jobs cost taxpayers $692,500.

As time goes on, the maximum number of jobs sustained by Obama's stimulus will decline rapidly.

By the first quarter of 2013, it will sustain between 100,000 and 600,000 jobs, says CBO.

If it is 600,000, each of those jobs will have cost taxpayers $1,385,000.

By the fourth quarter of 2013, the maximum number of jobs it sustains will be 400,000 — at a cost to taxpayers of $2,077,500 per job.

It is true that Obama entered office in the midst of a deep recession.

But, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research, that recession ended in June 2009, almost three years ago.
Pops

United States

#13825 Nov 17, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Those ovens were hot, Pops.
woof
Ovens are supposed to be HOT. It's part of what makes them ovens...your point? Oh, that's right...no point.
Pops

United States

#13826 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
LEAVE LOREN ALONE!!!
Well Cous! Some of us were giving constructive advice. This thread grows faster than Bamboo & IF Loren wants to have people read HIS posts, they need to be brief at least sometimes. Break a 1200 character post into a couple of shorter ones. More will get read & understood. AND if Loren needs an advocate such as you & of such emotion as your post, Loren may need to save his time & quit posting. Loren received objective critique. Geeez! get a grip!
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#13827 Nov 17, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess all those scientists who say it's pure BS are nothing more than wingnut scientists too.
Some of them. Some of them have also been paid to deny the legitimate science. In any science there will always be some small group of outliers who dispute the consensus. All one has to do is look to see where the overwhelming majority of scientist come down on the issue. In the scientific community, it is nowhere close to an open question. You simply choose to align yourself with the tiny minority because it advances your political philosophy.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#13828 Nov 17, 2012
<quoted text>
Odd that you ignored these links.
Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free ... en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_c... - Similarto Scientific opinion on climate change - Wikipedia, the free ...
A consensus, based on current evidence, now exists within the global scientific community that human activities are the main source of climate change and that ...
Science | Climate Change | US EPA epa.gov/climatechange/science/
From melting glaciers to changing bird migration patterns, the effects of climate change are all around us. Explore information about observed changes to Earth ...
Communicating the science of climate change ...- Physics Today www.physicstoday.org/resource/1/phtoad/v64/i1...
Oct 21, 2011 ... Over the past half century, the powerful new science of climate and climate change has come into being. Research during that period has ...
Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change ... content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/... ...- Similarto Report: 97 percent of scientists say man-made climate change ...
Jun 22, 2010 ... Forget the four out of five dentists who recommend Trident…. Try the 97 out of 100 scientists that believe in man-made climate change.
He would rather listen to the 1 dentist who said to chew on raw sugar cane.
Duke for Mayor

Lakemore, OH

#13829 Nov 17, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Ovens are supposed to be HOT. It's part of what makes them ovens...your point? Oh, that's right...no point.
Thanks for makin me chuckle Pops.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#13830 Nov 17, 2012
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Ovens are supposed to be HOT. It's part of what makes them ovens...your point? Oh, that's right...no point.
You have obviously never made a pizza. They didn't even have those long handled spatula things to slide the pizzas in the ovens. They had to walk right up to the ovens. No oven mitts either. You shouldn't talk until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
Duke for Mayor

Lakemore, OH

#13831 Nov 17, 2012
Given the choice between having to scroll through Loren's dissertations and Thrust Boy's extended dioramas, I'll choose Loren every single time.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
steve treen (Jul '14) 2 hr Julian 13
If you post anything negative about vivitrol it... 10 hr Curious 4
Salena Higginbotham 12 hr Fugh 1
Nate dillard 13 hr Allison 4
Franklin st. Drug bust? 14 hr Curious 12
Curtis Morris? Tue Fake 7
Brian Flowers- evidence against him! (Sep '15) Tue Dmw50 4

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance