Meet the Candidate Night

Meet the Candidate Night

Posted in the Kenton Forum

Voter 2013

United States

#1 Oct 2, 2012
Very interesting. The last time I checked Ada was a part of Hardin County. Mr Chris Rogers made it clear he wants to bring industry to Kenton and compete against Ada. It is also improper to use Masonic affiliation to promote yourself in a political campaign. There are other Masons at that table. The Masons need to remember that because of the generosity of Mr Randall Rogers they have a beautiful pipe organ that is played by Mr. Randall Rogers, tuned and maintained by Mr. Randall Rogers.
natas

Versailles, OH

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Some are stuck in the '60's. Nothing will happen in K-Troit except decay. Ada and places near and along Rt 30 will do OK. The last I looked, K-Troit wasn't along Rt 30. Should've brought a four lane here long ago, but this is a "farming community."

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#3 Oct 3, 2012
natas wrote:
Some are stuck in the '60's. Nothing will happen in K-Troit except decay. Ada and places near and along Rt 30 will do OK. The last I looked, K-Troit wasn't along Rt 30. Should've brought a four lane here long ago, but this is a "farming community."
First, the debate itself was mediocre and lacked creativity. This is a community of people. Many have problems and some have ideas and lack opportunities. It doesn't have to stay primarily a farming community. It also doesn't have to go outside the town to create industry. Everything we need is already here, or could be built, in town.

From my side, I'm more than willing to help and join any cooperative effort that has the intention of producing goods made in Kenton, by designing,building, and supporting machines that can be used to accomplish that goal. The key word, however, is 'cooperative'. Cooperatives are people owned and operated, as opposed to corporations, which generally leave much to be desired in terms of employee salaries and benefits.
natas

Versailles, OH

#4 Oct 3, 2012
I didn't say that I wanted it to stay a "farming community." That is supposed to be one reason that the self appointed elite (that ran the show years ago) did nothing to help bring more jobs here. Some were owners of businesses that paid sub-par wages and didn't want to lose their workforce to a competing employer that paid a living wage. Others were politicians and cronies who felt they would no longer be powerful with a large corporation to deal with. Example- Moe is a politician. Ron runs Acme Widgets, a multi-national and employs 2000 people. Moe will not see it Ron's way. Ron is connected to higher ups and makes some phone calls. Moe's phone rings and he is told to cooperate or else. Moe has no power anymore. By keeping large employers out, Moe remains powerful and answers only to his local cronies. They both stay powerful and wealthy.

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#5 Oct 3, 2012
natas wrote:
I Example- Moe is a politician. Ron runs Acme Widgets, a multi-national and employs 2000 people. Moe will not see it Ron's way. Ron is connected to higher ups and makes some phone calls. Moe's phone rings and he is told to cooperate or else. Moe has no power anymore. By keeping large employers out, Moe remains powerful and answers only to his local cronies. They both stay powerful and wealthy.
First, I'm glad to hear that you see room for progress in this community. I think the issue isn't so much about large employers though. I think each of us has the capability to produce and for larger processes, could easily form cooperatives and from there, form a larger coalition to defend ourselves against such cronies. It's about deciding to do something as much as it is about having the resources to work with. Politically, it's only about creating a friendlier environment for inovations.

Among the things I'm working on include building a 48x48X10 CNC capable of producing goods, and I expect that it'll cost 1/4th of the cost if purchased from a major CNC vendor. I've already built CNC's from raw materials before (hardware/electronics/programm ing) and don't see it as a challenge. What I'd really like to hear from people in general is what ideas for products they have in mind to better gear my designs to suit their needs. As for affiliations, I would rather put my skills to work for people and not corporations, which is why I favor cooperative efforts.
Anonymous

Ashley, OH

#6 Oct 3, 2012
I took Mr. Rogers comments about Ada as not a competition but a opportunity to see why industry decided to build in Ada. A chance to find out why some parts of Hardin county (not many) can flourish and others like Kenton do not stand a chance for new industry! Also that's great that Mr Randall Rogers can play a pipe organ but I thought this was about being a county commissioner not playing in a orchestra !

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#7 Oct 3, 2012
Caveman32 wrote:
I took Mr. Rogers comments about Ada as not a competition but a opportunity to see why industry decided to build in Ada. A chance to find out why some parts of Hardin county (not many) can flourish and others like Kenton do not stand a chance for new industry! Also that's great that Mr Randall Rogers can play a pipe organ but I thought this was about being a county commissioner not playing in a orchestra !
The organ comment actually reminded me of the Bob Saget stalker on America's funniest videos. I actually don't consider membership in a cult a requirement to tell if a person is a good human being, and in fact if I did, given the majority of Masons in government, would consider it a detriment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
USV bullies 1 hr NaturalJustice 17
Heroin addicts and dealers. 2 hr JustCallMeFrank 1
Heroin moms 2 hr WhatAJoke 5
I got a strong left hook 8 hr Dooood 28
Where is Jen Keckler 10 hr Mike 3
Billy Madison (May '12) 18 hr Dad 20
Have you tried Anal?? (Sep '10) Fri Brian Burchiel 65

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenton Mortgages