live

Zanesville, OH

#21 Mar 6, 2010
I personally would suggest you finding maybe a few other people that would be interested in doing such thing because there is quite a few people in drug court. Not sure they'll do it if there isn't more then one. Contact Wade Melton-very good guy-explain to him what you would like to do and night be interested in "mentoring" some of the children. I know at least one teenage girl that would very much appreciate this and I'm sure she'd grow on you!
live

Zanesville, OH

#22 Mar 6, 2010
lost wrote:
<quoted text>
is there any way the community can get involved? I for one would consider volunteering at such a place..I am a Mother..and do not have perfect children but are all good kids so far..knock on wood..and ?I know kids do things they are not supposed to do..but we can't keep putting them down..kids want attention whether its positive or negative..we as adults need to encourage them not push them back and make them feel worthless.I know if my child was there i would not want them treated badly or unfairly
I personally would suggest you finding maybe a few other people that would be interested in doing such thing because there is quite a few people in drug court. Not sure they'll do it if there isn't more then one. Contact Wade Melton-very good guy-explain to him what you would like to do and night be interested in "mentoring" some of the children. I know at least one teenage girl that would very much appreciate this and I'm sure she'd grow on you!
sorry for these kids

Zanesville, OH

#23 Mar 6, 2010
live wrote:
Okayy, have any of you people backing up the system had kids in there? I know someone who was put on for UNRULY! Would not of even held up in adult court and they have her is drug court and by far isn't helping her. She is a good girl outside of there will do anything you ask her and these people are making her lose in the head. She's seventeen and works her butt off for anything she gets. These people have no idea what they are doing. I would say, lost, madd, or ltlftc have never been through this. Her mother does a damn good job of raising her however, its not her mother raising her anymore it's this joke Drug Court.
I think I know this girl outside of lifeworks...Both her and her mother are very nice people and I've heard how they treat them there...It just shows you that once someone is put into power they get a big head. These people that we have hired to work with these kids are hurting them more than helping them. I'm sorry but each one of them kids up there is a person. Yes, they made a mistake..Mistakes happen and not everyone is as perfect as some people on here. Everyone has skeleton's in the closet...
I feel for this family because I know that this girl wants to straighten up and her mom has tried to do everything in her power to help her, but of course it falls back to no matter what she does to better herself she is knocked back down everytime she walks into lifeworks....
You seem like you know alot about the kids up there....here is my question to you...Why didn't anything happen to one of workers son when he got into a fight in a cops yard....The video is on Youtube and almost every kid at the high school has it on their phone....Could this be because he has a person on the inside?
Maddd

Lima, OH

#24 Mar 6, 2010
First off i know for a fact and again a FACT that a family member was there for 1 yr or a little longer. I know for a FACT that it was a very good thing for him. Because he now has manners and through the counseling and one on one with the schooling he preforms very well now in the high school and difficult situations. I believe that all cases are different in ways. In my relatives case it was for the best. I know at first he had issues with his case worker but my relative was a very head strong boy with alot of anger issues towards alot of ppl. And some of the good things he got from the program has helped him mainstream back into school. I believe children should respect their elders and be polite and know right from wrong. He was taught alot there. I for one seen it as a positive thing for him. Just so we get this straight he still is very head strong and opinionated. But he does not let it bring out the worst in him no more. He has learned to control his temper. He is heading to a bright future. Thanks to the couple of ppl that did stand by him and help him there. As far as paying hefty fines as far as i knew the fines was paid by the parents not the child i believe he should have done the community service to pay off his own fines for the trouble he had gotten into. Unfortanetly it is left up to the legal gaurdian to take care of. I think they should allow more volunteering from outside to work with the kids. Whether they do that i dont know. I would be interested in that. I have children of my own. So far they are good kids. But if they do wrong than they need to learn from that.
sorry for these kids

Zanesville, OH

#25 Mar 6, 2010
Concerned...

I feel sorry for you since you have someone up there too...I can only imagine what you are going threw...
I would volunteer to help these kids also...I couldn't do anymore damage to them then what the workers there are....
live

Zanesville, OH

#26 Mar 6, 2010
Maddd wrote:
First off i know for a fact and again a FACT that a family member was there for 1 yr or a little longer. I know for a FACT that it was a very good thing for him. Because he now has manners and through the counseling and one on one with the schooling he preforms very well now in the high school and difficult situations. I believe that all cases are different in ways. In my relatives case it was for the best. I know at first he had issues with his case worker but my relative was a very head strong boy with alot of anger issues towards alot of ppl. And some of the good things he got from the program has helped him mainstream back into school. I believe children should respect their elders and be polite and know right from wrong. He was taught alot there. I for one seen it as a positive thing for him. Just so we get this straight he still is very head strong and opinionated. But he does not let it bring out the worst in him no more. He has learned to control his temper. He is heading to a bright future. Thanks to the couple of ppl that did stand by him and help him there. As far as paying hefty fines as far as i knew the fines was paid by the parents not the child i believe he should have done the community service to pay off his own fines for the trouble he had gotten into. Unfortanetly it is left up to the legal gaurdian to take care of. I think they should allow more volunteering from outside to work with the kids. Whether they do that i dont know. I would be interested in that. I have children of my own. So far they are good kids. But if they do wrong than they need to learn from that.
Madd, although this does work for some kids many of the kids on drug court are found to have more run ins on this program. Frankly I have no desire to hear how Drug Court is "productive". Success rate in this program is fairly low. And many of these kids and their families have sought out counseling and treatments on their own. However, once they're in drug court the Drug Court team seems to think they're method will "fix" things. However, I don't see how stopping the treatment they are comfortable with and many have been in for along time is productive in any way.
beckie

Kenton, OH

#27 Mar 7, 2010
I can tell you one thing that putting them in this program doesnt work I had a nephew in there and now 21. He doesnt work lays around at his mothers house drinking and doing his drugs now you tell me how this program work. First I blame the parents he only does what he was raised around. I think that if the parents had to go through a program and held responsibile maybe it would work. Parnets need to think about their kids first not their next party.
redryder

Dublin, OH

#28 Mar 7, 2010
lost wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure I understand what you are saying????
have you noticed that there are a lot more rules for everybody now then there were 25 yrs ago.this is not helping. once a kid or adult for that matter is labeled(some deserving, some not) there life becomes so much harder. I do not think the court has the best interest of the kids in mind.
concerned

Kenton, OH

#29 Mar 7, 2010
Ive personally tried to be active within the best interest of one of the students, Almost everytime I was shot down by the system.. We've made formal complaints, against staff members, against Wade, Now take a wild guess as to who that hurt most.. I have more, personal stories, but im afriad that would only compromise the identity of the one im standing up for. Oh, and by the way, Got the facts straight lastnight. Smoking, even if your 18, while in the program IS a felony charge. I asked if the kids had recieved a handbook for all the new rules that Rapp has come up with, but there isn't one. They sat them all down and were told the rules. How are we letting this go on?
Wilson

Kenton, OH

#30 Mar 7, 2010
Wasnt Rapp busted for Coke a few years back in Findlay? And now he's running a drug court?
concerned Mom

Decatur, IN

#31 Mar 7, 2010
redryder wrote:
<quoted text>have you noticed that there are a lot more rules for everybody now then there were 25 yrs ago.this is not helping. once a kid or adult for that matter is labeled(some deserving, some not) there life becomes so much harder. I do not think the court has the best interest of the kids in mind.
you are right about the rules..except they only apply to a few..depending on your status in this town..example is 1 of our county commissioners granddaughter came to school drunk..never heard what happened to her after she was expelled for the rest of the school year and she never returned the following Fall..sure she never saw the 1st day at lifeworks..Go Figure!
confused

Detroit, MI

#32 Mar 7, 2010
I did have a child in that program and I can tell you it did not help.I would like to know how a judge can get busted for cocaine in a different city and it is covered up and how does he get to still be judge and tell these kids what they are doing is wrong maybe someone should judge him.
concerned Mom

Decatur, IN

#33 Mar 7, 2010
confused wrote:
I did have a child in that program and I can tell you it did not help.I would like to know how a judge can get busted for cocaine in a different city and it is covered up and how does he get to still be judge and tell these kids what they are doing is wrong maybe someone should judge him.
not sure this is true,,1st time ever hearing that about this judge
reddog

Zanesville, OH

#34 Mar 7, 2010
that all was just a rumour started several years ago,,it was also suppose to have happened to several lawyers and a few other notable residents..all bullshit

“I'm right , you're wrong”

Since: Mar 10

Dumbsquirt

#35 Mar 10, 2010
Wilson wrote:
Wasnt Rapp busted for Coke a few years back in Findlay? And now he's running a drug court?
Yeah and I saw him drinking Pepsi, too. Shameful. What's next,RC?

Pretty much all about the parents and schools not being able to give kids "the board". This has been bound to happen when you have a society of former hoods reproducing. Same names in trouble for years and years, it's just their kids now. Faultless world and laziness, woe is me. Kenton needs a throw away school like USV(Wind Academy)where the school can place the kids who disrupt classes into this "at risk" program. They could exempt these punks from taking the state tests and would improve our overall scores. I had a distant acquaintance's kid in the USV program and they do nothing but show up and leave 4 hours later.

Can any of you people figure out what the red squiggly line under your misspelled words, right click and it will offer to fix it for you. Use it, you dumba$$es need it.
me 2 z

Dublin, OH

#36 Mar 10, 2010
Well, well, well..this is quite interesting stuff. First Judge Rapp busted for drugs (umm, do you have the facts to prove it?) No, because it was a rumor-dipshits!!!
Second, I find it intriging that people who call themselves "parents" find anything to complain about, even complain about those people who work in the trenches to attempt to salvage the mess they made of their kids as "parents". Heaven forbid that a parent takes repsonsibility of their children. It all starts at home people!!!!
Get a job, get an education and get over it!!!!!
P.S. It is a rule of probation for no smoking while on probation...not a felony!!! DUH!!!!!!
name withheld

Decatur, IN

#37 Mar 10, 2010
me 2 z wrote:
Well, well, well..this is quite interesting stuff. First Judge Rapp busted for drugs (umm, do you have the facts to prove it?) No, because it was a rumor-dipshits!!!
Second, I find it intriging that people who call themselves "parents" find anything to complain about, even complain about those people who work in the trenches to attempt to salvage the mess they made of their kids as "parents". Heaven forbid that a parent takes repsonsibility of their children. It all starts at home people!!!!
Get a job, get an education and get over it!!
P.S. It is a rule of probation for no smoking while on probation...not a felony!!! DUH!!!!!!
took the words right out of my mouth!!!!
reddog

Zanesville, OH

#38 Mar 10, 2010
maybe these people would prefer back in the day when all kids in the system spent a lil time at places like teko or indian rivers,,i seriously doubt it..if they werent crimminals going in they would have been coming out.to many times the parents play the victim and fail to take responsebility for the actions of thier kids..some times the harshness of the rules in these programs is not about the actual rule but instilling the concept of following rules.would you rather your kid be told he cant have a cell phone or told he can only talk to you once a week for 15 minutes from a jail cell?our kids are spoiled and there is only one place to place the blame.
Concerned

Kenton, OH

#39 Mar 10, 2010
reddog wrote:
maybe these people would prefer back in the day when all kids in the system spent a lil time at places like teko or indian rivers,,i seriously doubt it..if they werent crimminals going in they would have been coming out.to many times the parents play the victim and fail to take responsebility for the actions of thier kids..some times the harshness of the rules in these programs is not about the actual rule but instilling the concept of following rules.would you rather your kid be told he cant have a cell phone or told he can only talk to you once a week for 15 minutes from a jail cell?our kids are spoiled and there is only one place to place the blame.
P.S. It IS a felony in the lifeworks program. Call and ask yourself, or better yet, since your OBVIOUSLY so well informed, and have so many great ideas, join lifeworks team, by the sounds of it, you'd fit in great!*rolls eyes* The point of this post was to bring awareness to the bullshit going on in his program, not trying to shift blame, not to make exuses, just trying to open peoples eyes. Point being, Judge Rapp and his little brown nosing probation officers are supposed to uphold the law, not make new ones. They're supposed to be helping these kids!
GUEST

Dublin, OH

#40 Mar 10, 2010
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. It IS a felony in the lifeworks program. Call and ask yourself, or better yet, since your OBVIOUSLY so well informed, and have so many great ideas, join lifeworks team, by the sounds of it, you'd fit in great!*rolls eyes* The point of this post was to bring awareness to the bullshit going on in his program, not trying to shift blame, not to make exuses, just trying to open peoples eyes. Point being, Judge Rapp and his little brown nosing probation officers are supposed to uphold the law, not make new ones. They're supposed to be helping these kids!
And I agree with reddog, the best way is to teach them to follow rules! Everywhere you go in life there are rules, and again these kids have obviously had a problem following rules. Instead of attacking, I would be thankful they are giving them chances, and these are very reasonable rules...sounds like a parent who may have pasted their problem with rules on to their children. And again the Judge could say I am done, just sent them off, you will just love the rules then! Try telling the man "thank you sir for giving my child a chance"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Proof of Heroin (Mar '13) 2 hr outside playing 24
kaytlyn Wilson 2 hr Bunny 33
Jeremy Wyomic (Feb '11) 7 hr Steve E 11
Forest Court Heritage Manor. Has Not Changed Wed Small game 7inch 2
Davon klesmit (Nov '15) Wed grubbygulch 25
Jon flowers? Tue flfl 6
Alan spangler, Mandy steele Tue Que 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenton Mortgages