what is up with Ridgemont schools?

what is up with Ridgemont schools?

Posted in the Kenton Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
guest

Mount Vernon, OH

#1 Jan 3, 2012
I just heard that more students have transferred out of Ridgemont and have open enrolled to neighboring school districts. I also heard if their levy doesn't pass in May they are going to pay to play and there will be some more major cuts in the district. What is the deal? Not that it isn't a good thing that our district and other districts are benefitting from this I just wonder why so may kids from all grades are leaving and more planning to leave at a later date.
wow

Kenton, OH

#2 Jan 3, 2012
close it down, merge with Kenton
iriquOOi

Johnstown, OH

#3 Jan 3, 2012
wow wrote:
close it down, merge with Kenton
gotta pay for the new school to nowhere somehow.
guest

Napoleon, OH

#5 Jan 3, 2012
It does seem a little odd that they are losing so many kids!
eye ball

Marysville, OH

#6 Jan 3, 2012
there no future going to a little hick school like ridgemont. i think a merge with kenton would be best for them. we have alot to offer.
guest

Napoleon, OH

#7 Jan 3, 2012
eye ball wrote:
there no future going to a little hick school like ridgemont. i think a merge with kenton would be best for them. we have alot to offer.
Actually from what I have heard is IF the district shuts down or losses more students the district would be split into 4's...depending on where u live your child could be going to North Union, Elgin, Kenton or Ben Logan.
Coach Mauk

Versailles, OH

#8 Jan 4, 2012
Ive started my recruiting at the Elementary Level now, never to early. Muwahahaha
guest

Kenton, OH

#9 Jan 4, 2012
Didn't have to recruit, kids left, the programs sucks now because of the idiots you have coaching at the elementary level. Did any of them ever play football other than madden on the xbox?
wow

Columbus, OH

#10 Jan 4, 2012
guest wrote:
I just heard that more students have transferred out of Ridgemont and have open enrolled to neighboring school districts. I also heard if their levy doesn't pass in May they are going to pay to play and there will be some more major cuts in the district. What is the deal? Not that it isn't a good thing that our district and other districts are benefitting from this I just wonder why so may kids from all grades are leaving and more planning to leave at a later date.
there has been open enrollment for years at ridgemont where have you been and they passed a tax levey higher then any other schools around could that be the reason some are leaving the school district. How many times do the hard working people say enough in taxes we need to manage our money and let people pay there mortgage and not foreclosure
guest

Bellefontaine, OH

#11 Jan 4, 2012
I'm not saying that I disagree with you about the little school, but please tell me exactly what it is that Kenton has to offer? Teachers that are only in it for the pay check. Administrators that could really care less about the safety of the kids. And a sports program that if you don't have the right last name you will go no where fast. Oh yes, Kenton has so much to offer. Oh and lets not forget the constant drug deals and busts. Lets just expose even more kids to all of that, great idea.
eye ball wrote:
there no future going to a little hick school like ridgemont. i think a merge with kenton would be best for them. we have alot to offer.
iriquOOi

Johnstown, OH

#12 Jan 4, 2012
all there is left in kenton is the hickbillies who need 20 bucks to leave town, welfare and drugs do not make a good tax base, why would you transfer to a school to nowhere? doubt it will ever be built//////////
bam bam

Washington, DC

#13 Jan 4, 2012
Ridgemont is a good small school. As for the levy passing, who knows. People have to put food on the tables to feed their kids, put gas in their cars to go to work and pay for the mortgage so the sad thing is there isn't much left after all this is paid out. What gets me from what I hear they actually cut guys from the basketball team this year. How in the heck can a little school cut kids who have the heart to go out and do their best and let's face it Ridgemont don't have a good sports program anyhow so what's the point in cutting? It's probably because their coach, I believe is Nick Stuck, only likes players who kiss his butt and he babies the players who sell the drugs to and allow them to play which that player shouldn't be able to play sports for a year according to the OHSSA rules but I guess from the rumors I hear Coach Stuck makes up his own rules for certain players and things, and from their record, he isn't much of an improvement overall since he took over from Coach Tuttle. Coach Tuttle might not have had the best coaching abilities but he never cut a person from the team. I think that's pretty awful coming from a population of a school that small. If they decide to go for pay to play, then all the players better get to play and not just the ones who kisses butt. I have heard good and bad things about that school but hey that's like any other school unfortunately.
iriquOOi

Johnstown, OH

#14 Jan 4, 2012
the best part of the school is everything.///////////if my granddaughters were here they would go there. and thats a fact,
whatever

Kenton, OH

#15 Jan 5, 2012
guest wrote:
I'm not saying that I disagree with you about the little school, but please tell me exactly what it is that Kenton has to offer? Teachers that are only in it for the pay check. Administrators that could really care less about the safety of the kids. And a sports program that if you don't have the right last name you will go no where fast. Oh yes, Kenton has so much to offer. Oh and lets not forget the constant drug deals and busts. Lets just expose even more kids to all of that, great idea.
<quoted text>
I would love to know how you figure if you don't have a name you don't play. Coaches in Kenton are in it to win it, they don't care who is out on the the court, field or diamond. As far as the teachers that isn't just here it is everywhere so good luck avoiding that. Thank you teacher's unions for protecting terrible teachers and making it nearly impossible for getting rid of them. I don't get where the administrators don't care about the kids safety, but that is happening at ridgemont as well. there is a mother who has verbally attacked other parent and children, but yet you continue to see her everywhere. Why is that? It's because she is willing to kiss ass, do jobs that no one else will do such as concessions and put some money behind her. I hate to tell you these problems are not just a Kenton thing. It is everywhere, every district in this county and many others are facing the same problems. It's the world we live in. I think kids are transfering out because parents have not backed off and let the teacher teach, let the kids be kids and let the coaches coach. This certain group of parents have themselves way too involved. I am all for parent involvement, but there is a such thing as too much.
Ridgemont SUCKS

Mansfield, OH

#16 Jan 5, 2012
Ridgemont has so many issues.The admin moved out of the house in MT victory because there was harmful mold but they never even thought about checking the elementary.The admin spent tons of money on brand new desks and furniture and even took over class rooms and put in walls when the moved over to the High school because they did not want to subject themselves to the mold.When Ridgemont is in dire straights why would the admin spend tons of money on themselves.And that's just the tip of the ice berg.There is so very much more.

P.S I hope your young children attending Ridgemont elementary school are not ingesting harmful toxic mold.Because Ridgemont cared more about spending money on other items then they did making sure your children are safe.
guest

United States

#17 Jan 5, 2012
Sad thing is, at the Jr High girls basketball game the other night when people were getting out of control and being tossed out, the Superintendent sat in the bleachers and done nothing. It was up to the elementary principal who is on crutches to deal with all of it and call the sheriff department. What a leader Ridgemont has!!
der

Wooster, OH

#18 Jan 5, 2012
You don't ingest mold you inhale it unless you you eat cheese or mushroom
curious in kenton

Cape Coral, FL

#19 Jan 5, 2012
I agree if a ball game gets that far out of hand the Superintendent should get up and do something. The principal cant do anything off crutches let alone on crutches. all of them are lazy and as far as the mold they still store stuff over there and then take it into the school around the kids. Why do they need new furniture? They want a new school and money but they spend,spend,spend. How many secrataries does 1 small school needed? just created jobs for there favs.
guest

Napoleon, OH

#20 Jan 5, 2012
curious in kenton wrote:
I agree if a ball game gets that far out of hand the Superintendent should get up and do something. The principal cant do anything off crutches let alone on crutches. all of them are lazy and as far as the mold they still store stuff over there and then take it into the school around the kids. Why do they need new furniture? They want a new school and money but they spend,spend,spend. How many secrataries does 1 small school needed? just created jobs for there favs.
From what I hear every administrator has a secretary! The principals, superintendent and treasurer. So that is at least 4!
gogophers

Kenton, OH

#21 Jan 5, 2012
two of my three kids go to ridgemont, i think we added up by the start of the new school year they will have lost 29 students just this year not counting the five to ten students last year. I liket he school because it is small, but my childreen do not like the teachers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have you tried Anal?? (Sep '10) 48 min Brian Burchiel 65
richard lackey 1 hr Darla 3
Heroin moms 1 hr Concernedgrandma1 1
Arian hines 5 hr Ipslave 1
I got a strong left hook 6 hr Deeznuts 26
Shantona Morrisey 6 hr Bigman 6
Boycott the NFL 7 hr Htd 18

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenton Mortgages