Updates on Rockwell site; Turbine Off...

Updates on Rockwell site; Turbine Off-load

Posted in the Kenton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#1 Sep 16, 2012
Can anyone provide updates on the apparent lack of progress for these two sites?
Other than a small building being built at the rail spur, not much has happened.

The only delay reason I've heard for the wind turbine off-load site are the pending lawsuits regarding - wait for it - "Wind Turbine Disease".
I ain't making that up folks!
bull

Kenton, OH

#2 Sep 16, 2012
The only thing I've heard was Honda was looking at the old Rockwell site as a place to put vehicles. That was months ago, and they probably won't because of all the theft and vandalism in Hardin County.(The cars would get stripped in no time.)
The turbin site I think was a sham. County and city officials jumped too quick to make a name for themselves. I think the developer took what he could get and ran. Just my opinion.
red river

Kenton, OH

#3 Sep 16, 2012
a lo of wind. i agree.
becky

Kenton, OH

#4 Sep 16, 2012
So again no jobs in Hardin County, imagine that

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#5 Sep 16, 2012
bull wrote:
The only thing I've heard was Honda was looking at the old Rockwell site as a place to put vehicles. That was months ago, and they probably won't because of all the theft and vandalism in Hardin County.(The cars would get stripped in no time.)
The turbin site I think was a sham. County and city officials jumped too quick to make a name for themselves. I think the developer took what he could get and ran. Just my opinion.
In the absence of jobs coming to Kenton, maybe it's time for us to create jobs for ourselves, maybe even with some cultural significance. Thinking about my childhood experience with my step-father in the manufacturing of a single person plane, it would make sense that we could easily make these turbines ourselves. Realistically, though, there really isn't much wind compared to the Santa Ana winds of southern California and along the I-15/I-40, where they have thousands of turbines.

In terms of work area on my own machine, it's currently limited to about 18"x24"x6", but the machine I'm expecting to order in October will have a larger work area, 30x24x6, which will allow me to down my current machine and expand on its capabilities. If anyone has any realistic idea for a product to develop, I'd be happy to help get it going.
Tom

Kenton, OH

#6 Sep 16, 2012
becky wrote:
So again no jobs in Hardin County, imagine that
But new schools will bring in all kinds of companys who want to set up shop here.... Just need to give it time you know.
natas

Kenton, OH

#7 Sep 16, 2012
If anyone thought those sites were anything other than a bunch of pure unfiltered B.S., they need to take another big toke on the crack pipe.
yougottobekiddin g

Kenton, OH

#8 Sep 16, 2012
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
In the absence of jobs coming to Kenton, maybe it's time for us to create jobs for ourselves, maybe even with some cultural significance. Thinking about my childhood experience with my step-father in the manufacturing of a single person plane, it would make sense that we could easily make these turbines ourselves. Realistically, though, there really isn't much wind compared to the Santa Ana winds of southern California and along the I-15/I-40, where they have thousands of turbines.
In terms of work area on my own machine, it's currently limited to about 18"x24"x6", but the machine I'm expecting to order in October will have a larger work area, 30x24x6, which will allow me to down my current machine and expand on its capabilities. If anyone has any realistic idea for a product to develop, I'd be happy to help get it going.
Id like a strip club.
animal control

Marysville, OH

#9 Sep 16, 2012
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
Realistically, though, there really isn't much wind compared to the Santa Ana winds of southern California and along the I-15/I-40, where they have thousands of turbines.
theres no wind turbines along the 15 or 40 in mexifornia, only a this old solar power plant east of barstow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Solarplant-...

it uses sun heated oil instead of photovalic (solar) panels.....Baby!

heres some wind farm locations

no charge
animal control

Marysville, OH

#10 Sep 16, 2012

http://www.energy.ca.gov/maps/renewable/wind_...
bull

Kenton, OH

#11 Sep 16, 2012
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
But new schools will bring in all kinds of companys who want to set up shop here.... Just need to give it time you know.
Yep, they can't wait to pay higher property taxes for a good looking school building, no matter the crime rate or drug problems. I'm not trying to be negative, but it's going to take a lot more than new schools to bring industry in.

Van Wert, OH

#12 Sep 16, 2012
animal control wrote:
<quoted text>
theres no wind turbines along the 15 or 40 in mexifornia, only a this old solar power plant east of barstow
it uses sun heated oil instead of photovalic (solar) panels.....Baby!
no charge
I wrote it the way I did because I noticed them along the drive from Orange, CA to Memphis back in 2003. Given how bad the economy was in 2006, it was a good time to leave. What works best in Ohio would be a better idea than just following some trend of wind based power. One concept Tesla had over an aquifer was pretty intriguing.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#13 Sep 16, 2012
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote it the way I did because I noticed them along the drive from Orange, CA to Memphis back in 2003. Given how bad the economy was in 2006, it was a good time to leave. What works best in Ohio would be a better idea than just following some trend of wind based power. One concept Tesla had over an aquifer was pretty intriguing.
If only they'd declassify all of Tesla's papers....
Good idea on homebrew turbines too.
Make them efficient and affordable - from residential size up to a few KW.
Get to work Joe!
animal control

Marysville, OH

#14 Sep 16, 2012
Vestas had about 450-workers, but this morning they let go about 90 employees. The company, which has production plants worldwide, says these cuts were necessary because the wind was taken out of the wind energy market.

http://www.koaa.com/news/dozens-lose-jobs-at-...

no charge

Van Wert, OH

#15 Sep 16, 2012
HardinSux wrote:
<quoted text>
If only they'd declassify all of Tesla's papers....
Good idea on homebrew turbines too.
Make them efficient and affordable - from residential size up to a few KW.
Get to work Joe!
A minor modification of the Rface routines is all that would be needed to create a turbine blade cutout, by adding a depth specifier for the secondary point.

Think of this concept, except in a circle, with the bullet magnets tied to an axle. This is something I could make with little effort. I actually have 100 1/2x1/2 Neodymium magnets in stock for such an experiment, but it would likely require part of it to be underwater to absorb heat energy generated, if it works. As long as the 'bullet' magnets are symmetrical in terms of placement, it could be an interesting test, with the only real concern being overheating of the magnets. I should probably replicate the test below to get a better understanding of it, but that's barely an hours work.

animal control

Marysville, OH

#16 Sep 16, 2012
hmm

Ashland, OH

#17 Sep 17, 2012
ya
iriquOOi

Kenton, OH

#18 Sep 17, 2012
another parking lot to nowhere. someone forgot the new plant building.
Concerned Citizen

Kenton, OH

#19 Sep 18, 2012
I think the wind turbine project for Hardin County is dead. Most of the people I know who received checks to have their land considered have been told they are not continuing their efforts here. Instead most of the wind turbine companies are currently putting up wind turbines as fast as they can in Illinois and Indiana... they are getting the new jobs and building new schools.

Van Wert, OH

#20 Sep 19, 2012
Concerned Citizen wrote:
I think the wind turbine project for Hardin County is dead. Most of the people I know who received checks to have their land considered have been told they are not continuing their efforts here. Instead most of the wind turbine companies are currently putting up wind turbines as fast as they can in Illinois and Indiana... they are getting the new jobs and building new schools.
What disgusts me about government funded projects is that many are designed to be pump and dump scams for political buddies rather than actual technological achievements. This smells like yet another Solyndra. hat money would have been better spent manufacturing hydro-electric based energy systems, which could be based entirely underwater without interfering with nature.

One of the people I work with overseas suggested that I accept a grant from their government for development of a slimmer 3D scanner and I told him no, just like I did for my Canadian customer nearly a decade ago. TSimilarly, there are generators now that actually draw energy from waves in the ocean.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What!!! No football talk today?!?!? 5 hr Eddy rabbit hits 2
Steve Christopher 7 hr experience with J... 4
Why did terry price resign?? 12 hr the truthful 33
New gym and who funded it Fri the truthful 8
brian flowers main suspect in missing patti adk... (Jan '11) Fri vanillabean 2,210
White van trying to kidnap kids? (Jan '12) Fri Sarah 38
Do you know crystal marquis Thu Peace bitches 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Kenton Mortgages