Kenton Ohio
problem is

Kenton, OH

#22 Jun 28, 2012
If everyone could just treat each other the way they want to be treated we could all live in harmony. People have lost their morals, their love for one another and themselves. The only way to fix this problem is to forgive each others wrong doings, focus on a better life for ourselves and our Community and help one another. If we all had understanding and compassion for each other and ourselves we wouldn't have the problems we have now. Small areas should be more in unity and we could be once we learn how to get along. There is too much hate in our hearts.
i remember

Versailles, OH

#23 Jun 29, 2012
as a new parent, i worry about how i am going to protect my child from so much in this town. I just want them to grow up the same way i did. i remember we used to go to town events and play games, stay out until dark playing with neighborhood kids, going to the parks, riding our bikes everywhere. i wish this place could be that same great place again. I want that for my child. Sadly the corny little things our parents took us to here were some of the best memories that i have. it's amazing how you grow to appreciate it all when you grow up.
PROOF

Kenton, OH

#24 Aug 3, 2012
It did happen ###INTELECTUAL NINJA###COLUMBUS,OHIO
Paul Harvey did say it---I taped all Paul Harvey
News until his son took over. And he did say it. I will have to go back thru and see just what date and time --but he did say "IF YOU WANT TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER GO TO HARDIN COUNTY OHIO". I do however believe when SAMS killed his wife and they set him free when he said it--I will check and find out and you can come and listen to the tape.
I'VE GOT PROOF HE SAID IT I have over 1,800 of Paul Harvey 5 minute program. SNOPES is full of
s h i t too.
hardin county resident

Fremont, OH

#25 Aug 3, 2012
PROOF wrote:
It did happen ###INTELECTUAL NINJA###COLUMBUS,OHIO
Paul Harvey did say it---I taped all Paul Harvey
News until his son took over. And he did say it. I will have to go back thru and see just what date and time --but he did say "IF YOU WANT TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER GO TO HARDIN COUNTY OHIO". I do however believe when SAMS killed his wife and they set him free when he said it--I will check and find out and you can come and listen to the tape.
I'VE GOT PROOF HE SAID IT I have over 1,800 of Paul Harvey 5 minute program. SNOPES is full of
s h i t too.
I agree just this past week at the court house I saw 2 people running from the court house jump in there car and took off ran a red light!!!! What were they running from well I found out. They had a court hearing now listen too this because they never showed up to other hearings a warrent was out was picked up and let go if they promise to show up at next date ( already never shows ) and bail set but not had to pay a dine to get out. When at court house found out they were going to JAIL and THEY RAN. Now this is something else what happened well another warrent out and then they dropped the warrent and nothing was done to them. WoW I guess when in Hardin County court if going to jail just run and they will do Nothing!!!!
interesting

Lima, OH

#26 Aug 3, 2012
Kenton wont change till they change the federal drug charge and the heroin addicts stay in jail for years.
iriquOOi

Houston, OH

#27 Aug 3, 2012
intelectual ninja wrote:
there are small towns across the country that make the same claim about paul harvey, david letterman, johnny carson or jay leno.
IT NEVER HAPPENED! Get your facts straight.
http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php...
ninja you are a azzclown at best, a freeloader at best it was paul harvey and <he did say it on worldwide radio> i was on midnight shift in dirty ole durez, allthough i admit to dozing off sometimes, i was wide awake when it was broadcasted, AND THATS THE STRAIGHT SKINNEY<4 sho 4 sho> p.s. try getting a job. im tired of the good hard working people in kenton paying your way.
iriquOOi

Houston, OH

#28 Aug 3, 2012
hardin county resident wrote:
<quoted text>I agree just this past week at the court house I saw 2 people running from the court house jump in there car and took off ran a red light!!!! What were they running from well I found out. They had a court hearing now listen too this because they never showed up to other hearings a warrent was out was picked up and let go if they promise to show up at next date ( already never shows ) and bail set but not had to pay a dine to get out. When at court house found out they were going to JAIL and THEY RAN. Now this is something else what happened well another warrent out and then they dropped the warrent and nothing was done to them. WoW I guess when in Hardin County court if going to jail just run and they will do Nothing!!!!
was it dave and steve manns? lmao
Near

Columbus, OH

#29 Aug 3, 2012
I would like to know how many murder cases have never been solved by the Kenton police. I can not think of any recently

Since: Jul 12

Van Wert, OH

#30 Aug 3, 2012
i know also wrote:
Now after reading the post again I see where the problem is. People seem to think that the only way to have fun is to have a new bar in town. We saw how well the people of this town have behaved in the past when we have had night life around here why would they act any different now? We need to focus on keeping families in this town, the youth of Kenton will determine the future of this town. If we don't make it a great place to raise a family we might as well be a ghost town. We need to give kids a reason to return here after they have graduated from college and are ready to settle down.
Yesterday's thinking got us to today's problems and until we change, nothing will change. Adding 1 or 20 bars would have no impact as alcohol consumption is the least of this county's problems. A good portion of this town, like many others, consists of broken families, a symbol of just how demoralized we have become. Drugs are a part of it, but the problem has gone on for so long it will take at least a decade to correct, if it's even possible.

As far as education goes, I'm self-taught in about a half-dozen disciplines. If anyone has an idea for a product, I'm happy to help get it going, and just as important, teach. More important than any real change is to take the politics and file them appropriately (bin them). City, state and federal governments are not here to help us, nor will college loans, unless of course you don't mind being a debt slave. In fact, at every level, government is an obstacle to progress. We have to help each other if we're going to amount to anything as a city.

Before colleges we had another type of education, called apprenticeships. Those of us with skills passed that knowledge onto others and it worked for decades. It can cost nothing to acquire a skill but there needs to be a motivation.

Each of us who wants to make something of ourselves has one important thing to do. DECIDE to do something. It doesn't matter if you don't know how to do it. That's where real education begins.
iriquOOi

Houston, OH

#31 Aug 4, 2012
naw education starts and ends in the home, experience is the best teacher,good parents, good mentors help as in paul heilman. mr molk, mr mauk, mr football. definately not pinkey, gay robertson.hardly nothing thanks for taking him. dumturky is dooomed.
agree

Napoleon, OH

#32 Aug 4, 2012
yea thats where you taught queeriboi your profession gulp gulp yea that apple didn't fall far no tell no time slurp slurp 4 sho 4sho queeri fi
Been Around For A While

Marysville, OH

#34 Nov 28, 2012
I would not call Kenton a great place to raise kids. I agree with "I know also" that there are some good people in Kenton, but they are fast becoming the minority. Over the past several years, more and more of the decent people are moving outside the city limits, while most moving here are the dregs from surrounding towns... due to the leniency of the courts, the deterioration of the down town, businesses leaving, etc. The best part of Kenton are the majority of the high school kids, but unfortunately once they graduate, most leave and vow never to return, certainly not ever intending to live here again. The town has a dire lack of true leadership.
Sincere

Decatur, IN

#36 Apr 7, 2013
DOES ANYONE KNOW...What is going in the building that is being constructed in front of Walmart? I am looking for a job!
momma

Akron, OH

#37 Apr 7, 2013
It will be medical / dental offices.
Gays

Akron, OH

#38 Apr 8, 2013
Tittie bar. Strip joint where they have beat off rooms in the back..
check it out

Lima, OH

#39 Apr 8, 2013
Joe Jared wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday's thinking got us to today's problems and until we change, nothing will change. Adding 1 or 20 bars would have no impact as alcohol consumption is the least of this county's problems. A good portion of this town, like many others, consists of broken families, a symbol of just how demoralized we have become. Drugs are a part of it, but the problem has gone on for so long it will take at least a decade to correct, if it's even possible.
As far as education goes, I'm self-taught in about a half-dozen disciplines. If anyone has an idea for a product, I'm happy to help get it going, and just as important, teach. More important than any real change is to take the politics and file them appropriately (bin them). City, state and federal governments are not here to help us, nor will college loans, unless of course you don't mind being a debt slave. In fact, at every level, government is an obstacle to progress. We have to help each other if we're going to amount to anything as a city.
Before colleges we had another type of education, called apprenticeships. Those of us with skills passed that knowledge onto others and it worked for decades. It can cost nothing to acquire a skill but there needs to be a motivation.
Each of us who wants to make something of ourselves has one important thing to do. DECIDE to do something. It doesn't matter if you don't know how to do it. That's where real education begins.
If can do what you say abd are that talented then advertise other than kenton topix. Someone might take you more serious. I would Im looking for some skills in machining.
concerned

Kenton, OH

#40 Apr 9, 2013
i know also wrote:
Now after reading the post again I see where the problem is. People seem to think that the only way to have fun is to have a new bar in town. We saw how well the people of this town have behaved in the past when we have had night life around here why would they act any different now? We need to focus on keeping families in this town, the youth of Kenton will determine the future of this town. If we don't make it a great place to raise a family we might as well be a ghost town. We need to give kids a reason to return here after they have graduated from college and are ready to settle down.
We would need jobs to attract college graduates. Not everyone is willing to live in a drug infestested city, drive on our potholes, drive in the winter to Columbus or Toledo for decent jobs on roads that are snow covered and whiteout conditions. I only need a few more classes for a degree in accounting, but when I graduate, my daughter will finally be of age, so my shared parenting agreement will be over, and I will move somewhere that my other children will have a chance for a decent life..........but I just don't see that happening here when I am finding herion needles in my yard, and the parks are full of dealers..........

Since: Apr 13

Wapakoneta, OH

#41 Apr 10, 2013
the problem with Kenton is 90% of the people in this town are inbred or mentally slow...not saying this to be rude or a smartass it sadly is the truth! As far as the youth being the future of this town if they act anything like the children in my neighborhood Kenton is SCREWED!!
Chad

Akron, OH

#42 Apr 10, 2013
75 percent of the in breads I met got their start by doing grandma because she gave good head because her teeth fell out...
Get over it

Houston, TX

#43 Apr 26, 2013
I'll admit I'm from Kenton, I don't like to but I will. But hey I was smart enough to get the hell out! and actully do something with my life! If y'all are willing to make a REAL change, I mean life changing get out if Kenton!! Ohio period. Yall are -keyword- "stuck in time" Y'all are either livin off child support, food stamps, or even welfare! If you choose the right path you wont get stuck down that path somewhere else. Yall wanna complain how bad life is,then get up and do something about it! I was the same way till one day i got blessed with an opportunity, an offer i couldnt refuse and now im livin with the finer things. Work hard to play hard, don't be the lazy scumbags you are and sit in your asses and wait for something to happen. There's other bigger and better things you can do for yourself/family ect... Out of Kenton. So here me out.... To "anyone" who wants a real change, you could have the finer things.. Just choose up, know you can be doing so much better somewhere else outside of that town. Work hard and help will be there, just dont give up no matter how hard you try. But hey if not you can stay bein shit talked about on the topix club for the rest of your pathetic lives in (stuck in time) Kenton Ohio.

Think about it...
I come from a broken f***d up home, struggling on the streets day to day mo place to go, just walked around that piece of shit town for hours till i finally contacted somebody, all pilled out sad and Lonley... But now I'm happy clean and ready for the next big thing.

You could make the change..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kenton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica Heberling 2 hr Hit dat 5
Ashley Drumm 4 hr Lol 3
Gary 10 hr Please Stop 1
Jason Hughes 11 hr Lame 5
John Holland creeper 14 hr Really 10
trashy moms in this town 22 hr Lol 6
chyeanna beardsly Sun Slurp slurp 2

Kenton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance